Muhle 2013 R41

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by LaneP, Feb 14, 2020.

1. LaneP

LaneP Well-Known Member

After 11 straight days shaving with the Rockwell 6s using plate 4 it was time to switch things up this morning. I bought my R41 over a year ago and used it twice, but to me it wasn't one of those DE's I would want to use trying to get out the door in a hurry on a work morning.

So this morning I had time. I remember the first time I used the R41 I was afraid of it, having read stories on the internet of people's experience ranging from "best razor I've ever used" to "so aggressive it shaved both sides of my face at the same time" (not a direct quote :))

All I can say is there is no reason to fear the mighty R41. If you have any degree of experience with highly efficient razors, your technique will be honed to a degree that the R41 will give an amazingly close and smooth shave. This shave was with the items pictured, including a brand new Perma-Sharp (one of the best blades I've ever used).

I never used the 2011 R41 but I understand that it is regarded as notably more aggressive than the 2013 model. If so, I'm good with the 2013. Two passes with a small amount of touch up and ready to face the day with an awesome shave :)
    [​IMG]

Edison Carter, Enrico, MR41 and 4 others like this.
  2. cliffb599

cliffb599 Well-Known Member

I also have a R41 and a R41+. They are my Favorite razors. I shave 3 times a week and I use the R41 at least Twice a week.
    It’s a great Razor.

Sent from my iPhoneXR using Tapatalk

3. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

I wouldn't mind trying one if there was ever a pass around.

LaneP and cliffb599 like this.
  4. cliffb599

There not that Expensive. You can pick one up at Connaught shaving for $15.75. Razor head only.

Edison Carter and LaneP like this.
  5. cliffb599

Sorry correction it’s $22.43.

Edison Carter and LaneP like this.
  6. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

The original is that cheap? I did not know, I gathered they're kinda rare, replaced with an updated version?

LaneP and cliffb599 like this.
  7. cliffb599

Yea it’s the Original. 2013 model.

LaneP likes this.
  8. LaneP

LaneP Well-Known Member

That's what I did, bought the head only. Not a bad price at all.

cliffb599 likes this.
  9. Jesseix

Jesseix Active Member

I think the 2011 is the original one, the ‘13 is the updated/less aggressive version that is currently sold

cliffb599 likes this.
  10. cliffb599

Yep what you said.