The Stirling Exchange

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by PickledNorthern, Nov 5, 2016.

1. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Happy mediums-the way to go, I believe. By the way I take medication for my OCD(which doesn't pertain to buying more shave stuff, it's a different OCD).

2. Gnomeo0228

Gnomeo0228 Well-Known Member

My apologies everyone but I am so far behind! A good friend in the wet-shaving community asked me ti send him 3 of my straight razors and he would hone them up for using 3 different finishes: Belgium Coticule, Imperial La Roccia and Shobudani Awasedo (Jnat). I have never tried any of these [articular finishes so to be get good feeling of all of the edges, I am going to be using Stirling soaps and brushes to keep as many variables constant as possible. Up first, is the Belgium Coticule. Long story short, I do not think I will add one of these stones to my collection lol.

Hope everyone is doing well!

3. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

SOTD February 19, 2020

Prep: Cold water and PAA Cube pre-shave soap
    Blade: vintage Personna twin
    Razor: Personna injector
    Brush: Poculi synthetic
    Soap: Stirling Green

Tomorrow's shave. Also pairing it with a new bar of Stirling Green bath soap. Full tilt!

SOTD 2-19-20.jpg

4. ghostlife

ghostlife Well-Known Member

40+ for me...

5. ghostlife

ghostlife Well-Known Member

It is for this reason that I mostly just use the unscented sheep soap from Stirling

6. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Friday morning:

Stirling Mentholated Pre Shave Soap
    Razorock Plissoft 26mm Monster
    Super Speed/Derby day 7
    Stirling Glacial Obsidian SS
    Stirling Glacial Unscented ASB
    Fine Snake Bite AS Splash
    Bleu de Chanel EdP

After this menthol bombardment I can hardly feel my face - wowwwwwww, was it ever intense. The mentholated pre shave soap from Stirling started the ball rolling - that stuff is pretty much unscented, it cleans the skin very thoroughly, and it’s pretty cooling. It also leaves a terrific slick feeling which helps with the preparation. The Glacial Obsidian soap’s lather went on so rich with its own great slickness, and a menthol blast which could have driven a polar bear out of the Arctic. The Glacial Unscented balm beefed up the freeze and gave me lots of soothing, moisturizing love, while the Snake Bite aftershave made me feel like I was standing outside in -25 Celsius weather. Three glorious passes left me super BBS but it’s time for a blade change!

Have a great weekend![​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Gnomeo0228

Gnomeo0228 Well-Known Member

what a beautiful shave my brother!

8. Yehuda D

Thanks my dear brother - one thing I can tell you is you’re always a winner with Stirling! ;)

9. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I have Spice set for next week. It is indeed very close to the Shulton version. Works for me!!

10. SlowRoller47

SlowRoller47 Active Member

Do i love Stirling... [​IMG]

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GM1913 met Tapatalk

11. jayjacque

jayjacque Well-Known Member

That's a nice little haul!

12. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

Niiiiiccceee!!!!

13. SlowRoller47

SlowRoller47 Active Member

Thx, the latest i got was the Deton-8, Haverford and Shadow orchid. I really love the smell of V&C spicebomd/Bvgari man in black. I haven't used the Deton-8 yet but the scent right of the puck isn't what i hoped for. I heard also great things about Noble otter kaboom and oleo soapworks wayoh. Anybody that owns these scents and there toughts?

I just pre-ordered zingari man blacksmith as they advertise it also as the bvgari man in black scent. It will be my first zingari soap. Hope it works well and have a great scent.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GM1913 met Tapatalk

14. Edison Carter

Edison Carter Well-Known Member

You are getting there!
    :cool:

ezlovan, Frijolero, Terry and 5 others like this.
  15. timabababaluka

timabababaluka No exceptions. Except.....

That does it! I'm bringing back the cool in my shaves this week--that's what Frost Drops are for.

Fantastically chilly looking shave--thanks for the inspiration ;)

16. Yehuda D

Thanks my friend!

I don’t know if those Frost Drops could turn a soap into a Glacial one but give it a try!

17. timabababaluka

There are worse things you could love--you've got some fantastic scents in there (great scents sense?) :D

18. timabababaluka

Will do, friend. Will do :D

19. Latherin’ Luddite

Latherin’ Luddite Well-Known Member

Well I had the opportunity to try out two new scents this week. The first is a D-503 bath bar. It’s strong enough to make the bathroom smell nice between uses. I couldn’t pin down the scent, but knew it wasn’t Legend that it reminded me of. With some web research I think it’s Eternity for Men......... it’s something from the late ‘80’s and early 90’s. It makes a great bath soap, but I’ll have to warm up to it’s dated scent for shaving. It makes me feel my age but not in that proud red neck way like Old Spice or Clubman. Just enough to remind me that my prime was 30yrs ago. But that’s MY problem, not the scent’s.

Then an hour ago I broke out my TSUKA shave soap and splash for the first time. WOW!!!!! What a fantastic scent! I have never smelled anything like it, nor even anything really that similar. My left handed technique still needs a little work, so I splashed on enough AS to soothe rather than just smell nice. I’m sitting here an hour later mesmerized by this pleasant and complex scent. Simply outstanding!

I’m glad that I grabbed a couple small tubs and bottles of AS during the winter sale. I’ll definitely hoard multiples of the full size if it’s offered again.

ezlovan, Yehuda D, Linuxguile and 6 others like this.
  20. Edison Carter

Edison Carter Well-Known Member

SATURDAY 2-22

It was time for me to give my straights some attention.

Preshave - Proraso green
    Brush - Stirling High Mountain White Badger
    Bowl - Symmetrical Pottery
    Lather fuel - Stirling for Him
    Razor - Dovo 91 Sunday Shaver
    Strop - 40/80 Rasoir Sabre denim/horsehide
    Post - alum & rinse, Thayers Unscented witch hazel, Proraso Green Aftershave Balm, Trumpers Lime Skin food, Stirling For Him AS splash

[​IMG]

As far as 'the stuff' goes, I know it is a lot, but it is the way it was for my first 30 day rule. It never failed me so I go back to it once in awhile.

I was after total comfort today so I did the hot towel routine and everything else.

Went for 4 light touch passes and finished up with as good a straight shave as I ever got. Relaxing and fun.

The Sunday Shaver was sent out for a 30k Shapton edge, which was quite edgey. I mellowed it out some on pasted balsa.

Edison Carter reporting for Network 23 or 20 minutes into the future.
    Shave free!