The Stirling Exchange

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by PickledNorthern, Nov 5, 2016.

1. brit

brit in a box

fine stirling shave Bill..

2. Edison Carter

Edison Carter Well-Known Member

Hoarding is entirely legal, permissible, and approved of for any items from The Max Headroom List of Most Glorious Stanks.

20200222_203519.jpeg

3. Latherin’ Luddite

Latherin’ Luddite Well-Known Member

Ha! Well done sir!

I just ordered an EDT and EDP of Hanae Mori. Fingers crossed, but I ordered both from the same well reviewed “authentic” dealer. If either one smells off I can argue easier when both came from one source. At least that’s my strategy.........:rolleyes:

I’m absolutely blown away by this scent. I know part of it’s due to Spring fever and a few sunny days lately. But it’s also a unique and well engineered scent. It could become my EDC/ signature scent for warm months. The tobacco and wood scents will still be my colder weather workhorses.

4. brit

brit in a box

stirling sandpiper/ysl la nuit de l'homme.. 20200222_182338_edited.jpg

5. Edison Carter

I'll love to hear how you like them.
    I think there are 2 one is suffixes 'for men' even though the original is a man's scent too.

I got some of the Tsuka EdT when it was available.

6. Latherin’ Luddite

I was careful to order the man version.

I’ll watch for Stirlings EdT. I can’t see why Tsuka doesn’t end up in the permanent lineup at some point.

7. Edison Carter

The difference in people's personal preferences is amazing.

For instance:
    Executive Man (Creed Aventus dupe) is the top seller by a large margin. I don't dislike it, but I'll never need to buy it again.
    I love Tuscany, which is being dropped from the lineup. (yup, did some hoarding there too)
    Many more examples.
    I imagine in that business, you can't stock everything forever.

Now, if Tsuka won the Stoylin Toynah Awoids, Rod might just have to cave in.
    :cool:

8. Latherin’ Luddite

Executive Man was one of my first scents I bought after discovering Stirling. I then backed it up with more Aventus dupes from other companies (who also got rave reviews). Ultimately, I’m accepting of the scent, but mostly use it because it’s apparently popular with everyone else’s noses. I’ll wear it on my physical therapy days for instance.

I’ve got ZERO clues about running a successful business. I just try my best to support the ones I believe in. Hopefully it penciles out to bring Tsuka back..........at least for some hoarding.

9. john zeiger

john zeiger Well-Known Member

Congratulations on a great shave Edison Carter! What did you think about the scent on Stirling For Him? I've got it but haven't tried it yet.

10. john zeiger

Nice post LL! I too, would love Tsuka to make a comeback. But, I've got a mini stock just in case.

11. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

:) for Mr. Cawtuh.....Course we know it now is available for this and future seasons Stoylin Tony Awards. It's my next Stoylin up following Spice this week.

12. Terry

Terry Tool Admirer

Hording is not only acceptable behavior, it's encouraged.
    Especially Stirling.
    I'm a woodsy and chilly citrus kinda guy.
    They fit the bill great!
    tp
    Enjoy!

13. Edison Carter

Stirling for Him (Versace for Him dupe) was #2 on The Max Headroom List of Most Glorious Stanks. Brut being #1.

Then along came Tsuka. It is sentimentality a little hard for be to dethrone King Brut. But Tsuka is right there. Either way SfH sits third now. (yup, hoarded that too)

14. john zeiger

Thank you for your reply. Sounds like SfH sits pretty high on your list and Andrew also says great things ab0out it - go0d enough for me. I'll be getting to SfH shortly.
    I'm glad I bought SfH.

15. Edison Carter

SUNDAY 2-22

It was time for some deja vu all over again. Except the Sunday Sunday Shaver instead of the Saturday Sunday Shaver.

Preshave - Proraso green
    Brush - Stirling Badger
    Bowl - Symmetrical Pottery
    Lather fuel - Stirling Blood on Steel 2019 (Tsuka)
    Razor - Dovo 91 Sunday Shaver (Yew)
    Strop - 30/60 Rasoir Sabre denim/horsehide
    Post - alum & rinse, Thayers Unscented witch hazel, Proraso Green Aftershave Balm, Trumpers Lime Skin food, Stirling Blood on Steel 2019 (Tsuka) AS splash

[​IMG]

During my 100 days of Straight Razor Boot Camp I came to the point I knew was going to stick with edge forward shaving devices. I purchased this
    Razor as my baseline for sharpness to my trainer and it still is for all my straights. It was honed on a coticule by Jarrod at The Superior Shave. It has had some minimal time on pasted strops. The only straight I have that beats it is my Gustave Lalune.

In spite of the fact that the Cocobolo scaled Sunday Shaver did so good yesterday, I'm going to work it on my coticule a bit to see if I can bring it up to this one for smoothness. Not a bad shaver but comparison is the root of all inferiority.

Same shave but stopped at 3.5 passes, relaxing and fun, just a little smoother.

Edison Carter reporting for Network 23 or 20 minutes into the future.
    Shave free!

16. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

SOTD February 24, 2020

Prep: Cold water
    Blade: Schick Proline
    Razor: RazoRock Black Hawk
    Brush: JR #377 badger
    Soap: Stirling Dirty South Shavers

SOTD 2-24-20.jpg

17. Paul Turner

Thanks for identifying the dupe, Mr. Cawtuh.

18. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

February 24th
    Razor: Razorock SS Lupo
    Blade: Feather NHS (2)
    Brush: Stirling Finest Badger
    Pre-shave: PAA The Cube
    Soap: Stirling Orange Chill
    Stirling Orange Chill witch hazel
    Stirling mentholated balm
    AS: Stirling Orange Chill

Good morning

[​IMG]

Gnomeo0228, Frijolero, brit and 7 others like this.
  19. Paul Turner

I have the Gentleman aftershave....I'm 1/2 way there!!

20. Latherin’ Luddite

I really like Gentleman AS. I originally just had the shave soap and didn’t fully appreciate the scent. The splash drove it home and they’re both favorites now.