Which Shavette did you use Today?

Discussion in 'Straight Razors' started by Bama Samurai, Feb 6, 2018.

1. Chuck Naill

Chuck Naill Well-Known Member

Two passes in opposite directions this AM with the Feather SS and AC Professional. Can you say baby butt? LOL!!

2. Chuck Naill

Ever sense we spoke of using a Pro Guard vs the Professional, I have been using the same unguarded blade. Not that it performs better than the guarded. Perhaps the unguarded just makes me more careful.

3. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

February 22

Parker SRX and L4 Gillette Travel Tech
    Voskhod (1)
    Simpson Chubby 2 Super
    Eufros Tierra Humeda (Wet Earth) soap
    Alum, Thayers WH, USB/Almond Oil, Floid Vigoroso, & Aramis EdT

SOTD_022220.jpg

4. Edison Carter

Edison Carter Well-Known Member

You should try the Professional Super. It is in a class by itself. Higher caliper and wider than ALL other AC type blades.

PM me an address and I'll mail you one.

5. Edison Carter

Oh, and I do like the proguards. Smooth shavers.

Chuck Naill likes this.
  6. Chuck Naill

Damnation, is there a higher level??? Okay, I'll get some. LOL!

So, they should be here Monday, EC.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2020
    Edison Carter likes this.
  7. Edison Carter

I hope you like them. I just don't think I have used anything that severs my facial hair with such ease.

Using a Kai Captain Original now. Comparable to Feather Pro Reg. and Schick Proline IMO.

Coming up... Kai Captain Mild and Kai Captain Sharpblade. Then another Pro Super for a refresher.

8. Chuck Naill

If you don't hear from me you know I bled out. At least no more drama from me over sharpen razors....LOL!!...if that occurs. ;)

9. Edison Carter

I work where we supply a 'man down alarm'. It is a beeper like gizmo to be worn on your belt if you are alone in part of the facility infrequently traveled. Goes off if you hit the buttons or are on the ground too long.

10. wristwatchb

February 23

Voskhod (2)
    Simpson Chubby 2 Super
    Tabac

SOTD_022320.jpg

Chuck Naill and Edison Carter like this.
  11. Slash McCoy

Slash McCoy Well-Known Member

An 89 cent super cheapie Chinese with plastic monkeytail and slide-out blade holder. Shave was very meh but it worked. Blade was my usual shavette blade, a Feather half DE blade. Nice and close, but a couple of weepers and a tiny nick under the nose. Anyone looking at this type because of budget concerns would be better off with one of the $3-$4 swingback types, which hold the blade a bit more securely but are still dead cheap.

12. Chuck Naill

I used the Feather SS again. @Edison Carter recommended some Feather Super Professionals. These blades are due tomorrow.

13. Edison Carter

Be aware, I think they die quicker than some of the others

14. Chuck Naill

Thank you for the heads up. They are less expensive than the Pro Guards.

15. Chuck Naill

The AC Super Professionals arrived. I was eager to give them a try. Not disappointed and actually impressed with the degree of effectiveness. I did a usual three pass, but could have easily stopped at two.

My little Feather SS was my SR gateway in July 2018. I used Pro Guard until a forum member sent some Professionals. @Edison Carter recommended the "supers" and I'm glad he did. :eatdrink013:

16. Edison Carter

Glad you like them. I did test the ProGuards because you used them. Very, very smooth shavers. And I think they outlast the Supers. I'll keep some of both around.

Some folks do not like the bump the SS has. I've never used one to compare so I don't know. There are plenty of knockoffs of the Feather DX for not a lot of $. Most are not the folding type though. I didn't want to fumble around with a separate blade guard so I went for the DX folder. I like it.

17. Chuck Naill

I'm pleased you considered my appreciation for the Pro Guards. I think you cautioned me these supers are short lived. The package came with 20 blades. I tend to be able to use manufactured blades a long time basically because I am cheap...LOL!!

I've ignored the Feather SS for straights, but think these blades will cause me to give the old boy a few more days to develop. Thank you, @Edison Carter

18. Chuck Naill

Used the Feather SS and Super Professional AC blade again.

19. wristwatchb

February 26

Voskhod (2)
    Simpson Chubby 2 Super
    Tabac

SOTD_022620.jpg

Chuck Naill and Edison Carter like this.
  20. Chuck Naill

Feather SS/ AC Super Professional (3)