Fine Aftershave. Aquamarine....

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by Str8on2, Mar 7, 2020.

1. Str8on2

Str8on2 Well-Known Member

It’s both a semi combo of both the soap & splash. I just copied and pasted from my post on another forum...

First use of them Fine soap & splash in the Aquamarine motif. Soap actually performed very well and the splash was actually quite good. The splash gives a nice quench/bracing effect with a very good smooth, cooling feel from the menthol. Are they both worth their price? I don’t know to be honest. $16 for a soap at 3.5oz’s (though triple milled Tallow) & a splash that’s nearly $20 is nothing to sneeze at. And arguably there are better performers out there for less $$$. Nonetheless, the soap and splash combo met my expectations in both performance and scent. Scent wise I get a nice light citrus, moss and musk sweetness with a slight marine like undertone. The soap is lighter in scent but, comes through in nice wafts as you lather it on with a nice rich & creamy texture that gives good protection and glide. The splash scent wise, is much more pronounced and pleasing with the scent lasting about 2-3 hours on me. Overall, a really nice package. I’m ok with spending a bit extra on it as the two performed well....

E5517FA6-6C56-4CB9-A30D-781C1A5F2D5C.jpeg

2. ddillas

ddillas New Member

Nice review. I'm eagerly awaiting my set.

You must be close to the distribution point to have received yours so quickly. I ordered from WCS last Monday shortly after the release, I'm in Portland, OR and as of today the shipment is in a facility across town but if the shipping pattern sticks to form it will now head to Seattle to be transferred to USPS then driven back to Portland and delivered sometime next week... Why does it take 7-10 days from LA to PDX? I get stuff from Italian Barber and Fendeihan in Eastern Canada faster!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

brit and Str8on2 like this.
  3. Str8on2

Str8on2 Well-Known Member

I think you will like the scent plus the performance of both actually surprised me. It's my first Fine soap and it was a pleasure to use. I have Fine Platinum splash and it works well but, I actually like the menthol feel of the Aquamarine just a bit more.

That's a tough one being on the West Coast. I'm literally just a state over from where it shipped from. Got it in 2 days transit +1 for the preparation. Good luck in getting it sooner rather than later..... :happy088:

brit likes this.
  4. ddillas

ddillas New Member

Hah! I just looked at the FedEx tracking and saw this shipped from South Carolina... I've been to West Coast Shaving and it was out near San Bernardino, CA. Watched them box up orders while I was perusing the racks... They have obviously moved... Now they're East Coast Shaving?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

brit likes this.