Injector & SE Party !!!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Bird Lives, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

SOTD, Saturday March 21 2020

Razor : Gem Junior bar - Mfg 1907
    Blade: Gem SS PTFE (6)
    Soap: Razorock Don Marco
    Brush : Razorock Plissoft 24mm
    Pre shave: Brush wash my face with CeraVe hand bar soap + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera Gel on beard area.
    Prep: cold water rinse after each pass of 3.
    Post shave: Razorock Amici with witch hazel+ Nivea balm.
    Results : CCS,DFS,BBS + no irrition + no weepers.= [​IMG] great shave!

SOTD, March 21 2020 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

jimjo1031, BigD, Jayaruh and 6 others like this.
  2. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Ever Ready 1907 lather catcher, gem ptfe stainless blade, shave 1
    er07a.jpg er07b.jpg

First go round with any lather catcher style razor. This one is fairly mild it doesn't give you much angle to work and you know when the angle is too steep since you'll see it dragging lather lines across the face. End result BBS finish everywhere except under the chin. For a razor this mild that is an exceptional result. If it was a more aggressive razor I'd opine different.

jimjo1031, brit, twhite and 5 others like this.
  3. GAW9576

GAW9576 Well-Known Member

I had an excellent shave today with an Enders Speed and a shick proline B20. I also used a Dunham duplex a bit. The available blades realy let this razor down. I got creative and put a Feather proguard in one side just to see what this razor would be like with a good blade. The blade exposure was Way to much but I shaved with ot just a little. WOW I wish I could get good blades for this razor. I like the handling. Lather came courtesy of cold water mixed Cella and Mer shavings mysore sandalwood using a Maggard SHD two band badger brush.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

jimjo1031, brit, Ron R and 7 others like this.
  4. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Lather Catcher Sunday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Cold Water Rinse
    Van Der Hagen Deluxe
    Jayaruh #391 Synthetic
    C.V. Heljestrand
    C.V. Heljestrand Wedge
    CWR
    Pinaud Clubman

The Van Der Hagen Deluxe Shave Soap face-lathered well with the Jayaruh #391 Synthetic brush. Two passes and touch ups with the C.V. Heljestrand Lather Catcher with a C.V. Heljestrand Wedge blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Pinaud Clubman AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

jimjo1031, brit, Ron R and 8 others like this.
  5. chevyguy

chevyguy Well-Known Member

Nice setup Jim. What type of synthetic knot is that. Is it super soft?, and does it have alot of backbone. What other knots does it compare to?.

Clayton

Sent from my SM-A705U using Tapatalk

Jayaruh, GAW9576 and Trigger like this.
  6. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Sun 22nd March.

RazoRock Syn. 24mm
    P & B Spitfire
    Occams Hiram Cdr - Plate 3
    Schick Proline [ 5 ]
    P & B Spitfire A/S Splash.

Today, after such a nice Shave with the Hiram yesterday I just had to use it again. With no where to go I was in no rush, and had a most relaxed Shave and was rewarded with an ultra close finish - up there with the best I have had with any Razor. There I am, skin refreshed and Dolphin smooth and nowhere to go.

IMG_0629.jpg

jimjo1031, brit, Jayaruh and 7 others like this.
  7. 120inna55

120inna55 Well-Known Member

3/22 Day SOTD
    Catie's Bubbles | 322
    Leo Frilot Krakoa | AP Shave Co. Gelousy SHD 28mm (A1)
    The New Improved Schick Injector Razor | Personna 74

[​IMG]

jimjo1031, brit, Jayaruh and 8 others like this.
  8. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

March 22
    Good morning fellas, it's Sandalwood Sunday!
    Schick Inj Razor E-3
    Schick Blade (6)
    Jayarah Synthetic Brush #290
    Sandalwood AS and SS
    Nivea ASB
    Above the Shoulder Shave
    This is my 5th and final shave of my mini focus of the Schick injector. I wanted to end it in style so I cleaned up the razor with MAAS metal polisher as well as to do a head and face shave. She really cleaned up very well.
    Ok, let's get on with it! The JR #290 really performs well in providing me with copious amouts of lather. I did 2.5 passes on my face with touchups and 3 passes on the dome with touchups without irritation, cuts, etc. anywhere. The faceshave and the headshave was IBSS ++. In my opinion, I believe that I only have a few more shaves with this blade based on the feel of it. Hey, technically, I have 8 shaves instead of six, if I counted the headshaves separately. I get 8 shaves with my Personna hairshapers although I probably can push it to 10 so in kind, the Schick blade is towards the end of its usefulness. Splashed on the aftershave and applied the balm to end this focus. Conclusion: The Schick E-3 is a nice razor that gives me a nice alternative for shaving. I am one with this razor. Have a great Sunday fellas! 20200321_193428.jpg 20200321_193428.jpg

Attached Files:

jimjo1031, brit, Jayaruh and 7 others like this.
  9. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

You should be able to get about 10 uses without pushing it give or take a shave before the blade performance starts to drop off. That is what I get out of single edge injector blades regardless of brand doing 5 pass shaves.

GAW9576 and Droo78 like this.
  10. Trigger

That's what I figured. By the way, I am glad that I got this razor from you via the TSD raffle.

GAW9576 likes this.
  11. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

It wasn't me that donated that E3 that was PanChango. The E3 is one of the better injectors produced under the Schick brand name. I have one myself and it is in the N.F.S. (not for sale) category and not moving out of that category either anytime soon or if at all.

GAW9576 and Trigger like this.
  12. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

I only face shave so the actual usage maybe a little bit longer than what you'll get.

GAW9576 and Trigger like this.
  13. Droo78

Droo78 Well-Known Member

Sunday’s Shave

Gem HFT/G-Bar
    Gem Stainless PTFE

[​IMG]

BigD, jimjo1031, brit and 8 others like this.
  14. Trigger

That's right it was Dale that donated it. As far as the E3, I agree with you that I will not sell it or let it go.

brit and GAW9576 like this.
  15. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Sunday Shave March 22, 2020

Razor : Schick adjustable injector M3- mfg 1970-72
    Blade : Personna injector (8)
    Soap: Proraso Red -Sandal wood version
    Brush: Yaqi tuxedo knot 24mm marble handle.
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar soap + a dollop of Aloe vera gel on beard area.
    Prep: cold water rinse after each pass of 3.
    Post shave : Proraso red aftershave with witch hazel + Nivea balm.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + minor irritation+2 small blemish weepers = [​IMG] another great shave with a Schick!

Sunday shave March 22-2020 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Last edited: Mar 23, 2020
    BigD, jimjo1031, brit and 6 others like this.
  16. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    It is a synthetic stone grey and white knot from shaveforge.com. It is very soft with good backbone. I really like it.

GAW9576 likes this.
  17. brit

brit in a box

fabulous..:)

GAW9576 and 120inna55 like this.
  18. 120inna55

120inna55 Well-Known Member

Thank you, Gary.

GAW9576 and brit like this.
  19. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    sod200323.JPG
    Menthol Monday's Shave
    zcws.jpg

Cold Water Rinse
    Fine Snake Bite Shaving Soap
    Jayaruh #395 two-band badger
    Supply V2
    Schick Proline
    CWR
    Osage Rub

The Fine Snake Bite Shaving Soap face-lathered well with the Jayaruh #395 two-band badger brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Supply V2 injector razor with a Schick Proline blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Osage Rub. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

Droo78, BigD, Aztecmike and 6 others like this.
  20. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Mon 23rd March

The Grosvenor [ 404-mixed ]
    Vitos Super Red
    Occams-Enoch
    Feather Proguard [ 3]
    BG Sixth Sense A/S Lotion

I am still very much on a learning curve with this Razor as I find the Shaving angle a bit hard to maintain. Shaves are problem free, but I am not quite there getting the closeness of finish that I like, though not that bad either.However, I still find it a better performer than my King Cobra.

IMG_0631.jpg

Droo78, BigD, Aztecmike and 5 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.