March 2020 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix and Discussion

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Bama Samurai, Feb 29, 2020.

?

Is it okay to eat cookies and ice cream together?

Poll closed Mar 30, 2020.
  1. Yes

26 vote(s)
    70.3%
  2. Yes

11 vote(s)
    29.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jtspartan

jtspartan appropriately stimulated, via Netflix

Another great razor, Gary. I've enjoyed seeing your beautiful NEWs this month, for sure.

2. brit

brit in a box

thank you Jason..good morning..

jtspartan, jtface, Norcalnewb and 3 others like this.
  3. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Wonderful setup usually gives a wonderful shave and yours was not an exception, Jason!

4. Trigger

Jim, it's a great shave! Congrats on the Gamechanger!

5. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Thank you, Joe!

6. b1hart

b1hart Speed Racer

Nice Paul!

Great report and setup Joseph, love the Ralf Aust! No fun with a skin reaction to an ingredient.

7. Trigger

Blair, wonderful shave! As a fellow Henckel Friodur holder, I agree with you. I dare say that a straight shaver's den is not complete unless a Friodur resides there.

8. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Fantastic photo and write up Joseph. Sorry the soap causes you some irritation.

9. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Thank you Gary.

jtface, Norcalnewb, Trigger and 2 others like this.
  10. b1hart

b1hart Speed Racer

Great images, recap and shave for today Jason! Loving that new resin handle too, very cool.

Wowzers image again Jim! Shiny. New. Fun! Glad you're feeling a little better!

Sweet Tabac Tuesday Gary! Good morning to you!

11. brit

brit in a box

thank you Blair..:).good morning..

jtface, Norcalnewb, Trigger and 3 others like this.
  12. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Thank you Jason. Cubebe is just fantastic. In the past I tended to use the brushes I have had for awhile for 3 days in a row. I decided this month to change out the brushes every 2 days each so I could use my favorites sooner. I like the process so I will continue changing up every 2 days.

13. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Thank you, Blair!

14. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Beautiful photos Jason. I love the warm tones. Fantastic recap of the month as well. The Gillette New might very well be the best Gillette razor made.

15. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Excellent post and photo Blair. My wife gave me some Cade cream for Christmas that I need to try. I have the Cade soap and enjoy the subtle scent. Congrats on the Evo. The knot is great.

16. Trigger

March 31
    Good morning guys!
    Today, I decided to end this month on a high note and do an above the shoulder shave. I will be using the Parker SRB for the Face and the Jones Shake Sharp for the dome.

Shavette Shave #154
    Parker SRB
    Rockwell 1/2 DE Blade (5)
    Stirling Boar Brush
    Stirling Christmas Eve SS ans AS
    Nivea ASB (not pictured)
    Being cooped up indoors is difficult so I decided to use Stirling Christmas Eve SS to make me smile. I know that it is against convention to use it other than the winter months, but I like this scent so much that I will use it anytime during the year. Anyway, I facelathered this awesome smelling soap to a nuce wet lather. On a 40 hr stubble, the Parker SRB gave me an IBSS+ with 2 passes. I didn't bother with touchups because I was fine with the results. I didn't have any cuts or irritation so this was a real close, comfortable shave. Ended the shave in my usual way.

Headshave: The gear was the same except that I used the Shake Sharp Razor (not pictured). This is my #1 for headshaves. Did 3 passes and some touchups that produced a cueball smooth shave. Again, ended it with the matching aftershave and Nivea. Make it a great day, guys! 20200331_094034.jpg 20200331_094034.jpg

Last edited: Mar 31, 2020
  17. timabababaluka

timabababaluka No exceptions. Except.....

Fantastic shave, report, and end-of-month review, Clint! It didn't even register that this was the last day of March until I saw the Clint Calendar. :D

I look forward to your April shave reports :)

18. timabababaluka

timabababaluka No exceptions. Except.....

Hmmm. For April I may do a weekly DE shave with the Slim. While I am still just a Padawan, I'm curious to see how much of what I've learned with the shavette has transferred over to the DE. :)

b1hart, jtface, Norcalnewb and 4 others like this.
  19. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Great shave and photo Gary. I hope you have a wonderful day. Take care and stay safe

20. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Very nice Joe. I hope you are doing well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.