Kidney Stone: 5mm

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Jayaruh, Apr 4, 2020.

1. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    :signs131:Last Wednesday, I got really sick and had much pain in my lower left abdomen. It subsided, but today. it returned with a vengeance. I was talked into a trip to the ER. So the wife called 911 and got the ambo here. I spent about three hours there. I had a cat scan and blood in my urine. The doc said i indeed had a kidney stone on the move. It is about 5mm. So, I got me a shot of morphine and a script for oxy and sent home. I am glad to be here and know what is going on. I had a stone back in the 10s. It is what God gives to men so they can know what women go through in childbirth.

The folks at the ER were super. Everyone was wearing masks and gloves, and they were cleaning up after everything. I thanked everyone for their service. God bless them all. I really didn't want to go, but I am glad I did. Hopefully this stone will pass soon. I will be following up with a urologist next week.:)

Slipperyjoe, Frijolero, Jim99 and 9 others like this.
  2. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

Sorry to hear. They are very painful.
    I had one about 15 yrs ago. For some reason, I had pain in my left nut. It gradually got worse, and felt like someone took a golf club to it, and tee'd off. I drove myself to the ER, and I pee'd in a cup for them, and while waiting for results, the pain was so bad, I vomited. The pain was just in one area, the left nut. They found blood in the urine, did some scans and found a large Kidney stone. Diuretics and pain meds for a few days, until it passed.
    I found out that I was the cause of it. I didnt drink enough water at work, and had a bad habit of not relieving myself, often enough. So, since then, I drink plenty of water, and don't try to hold it in, for very long.

myles wilson, Frijolero, BigD and 5 others like this.
  3. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Mine several years ago wasn't that big but it was big enough to make me puke. I do sympathize, sir. Morphine didn't touch my pain but this stuff did like magic. If I ever get one again, I'm going to tell him to skip the morphine and just give me this...

https://www.medicinenet.com/ketorolac-injection/article.htm

DaltonGang, Jayaruh and brit like this.
  4. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

I'll be praying for you.
    Let the oxy deal with the pain, hope it passes soon

gorgo2, Jayaruh and brit like this.
  5. brit

brit in a box

get well soon Jim..

gorgo2 and Jayaruh like this.
  6. Tommynick

Tommynick Well-Known Member

Get well. Hope it passes very soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

I hope this resolves very soon, Jim. I'm glad you saw the doc so quickly. Take care of yourself, my friend.

gorgo2, Terry, Jayaruh and 1 other person like this.
  8. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    This too shall pass, Jim.
    Been there...twice!

9. joamo

joamo Well-Known Member

I've never had a stone myself but a co-worker is a stone factory.
    He passes large stones at a rate of 3-4 a month and has had dozens of surgeries to remove the ones too big to pass.
    He is quite used to pain but when you see him with a hot pad and nearly doubled over, you know a big one is working through.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

10. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    At this moment, I feel like I have been kicked in my left tstcl. The Oxy is not touching it, or maybe it is. Hopefully it will cycle through soon.
    Thanks everyone for your thoughts, comments and prayers.

gorgo2 and DaltonGang like this.
  11. BlueShaver

BlueShaver Premature Latheration Sufferer

Yowch.

Jayaruh and brit like this.
  12. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

I think they ended up giving me Demerol, at that time. It worked. Pills after that.

13. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Pics or it didn't happen!:eek:

Get better soon and hopefully it's not too painful.

Jim99, gorgo2, Jayaruh and 1 other person like this.
  14. lightcs1776

lightcs1776 Well-Known Member

I have heard horror stories about kidney stones. I pray you recover quickly.

OH, and I really don't need to know what women go through in child birth.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

15. Macbeth

Macbeth Active Member

I can verify that Ketorolac WORKS! One of my former students , worked as an ER Physician in California. He moved back to Louisiana and was the ER Doc when I came in.
    He said Ketorolac works on some of his kidney stone patients so I told him to give it to me. This was after morphine didn't phase the pain.
    Instant relief!!!!
    You may have to tell the ER Doc to give it since lots don't know.

16. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Toradol is a potent anti-inflammatory that helps relax things so the stone moves down better.

Jayaruh likes this.
  17. Edison Carter

Edison Carter Well-Known Member

DUUUUDE.

That just ain't right.

@Jayaruh get well soon

Jayaruh and richgem like this.
  18. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

This too shall ... pass.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2020
  19. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

How are you, Jim? Praying for you this evening, my friend.

Jayaruh likes this.
  20. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    Thank you. Went to the urologist today. I got to see the CT scan. I have three stones in my right kidney, but I am having no problems with them. He said they could sit there for years with no problems. It is only when they move that the problems start.
    There were no stones in my left kidney, but the trouble maker has moved its way almost to the bladder. I am wondering if I have passed it without knowing. The CT was Saturday, and I had a small episode after coming home, but none since the. I quit the Oxy last night, and I am not in pain. He gave me a strainer to strain my urine. I go back in 2 weeks.