Injector & SE Party !!!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Bird Lives, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brit

brit in a box

awesome again sir..:)

GAW9576 and 120inna55 like this.
  2. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Lather Catcher Sunday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Cold Water Rinse
    Speick Shaving Cream
    Jayaruh #400
    1907 Gem Jr. Lather Catcher
    Vintage GEM Cutlery SE
    CWR
    Speick AS

The Speick Shaving Cream face-lathered well with Jayaruh #400 brush. Two passes and touch ups with the 1907 Gem Jr. Lather Catcher with a Vintage GEM Cutlery SE blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Speick AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

BigD, brit, jimjo1031 and 8 others like this.
  3. 120inna55

120inna55 Well-Known Member

Thank you, Gary!

brit, Aztecmike and GAW9576 like this.
  4. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Sunday Schick morning shave. April 5th 2020- I have these wonderful Schick's and every Sunday I will choose one so that they get put into action like they were meant to(I have been doing this for about a year now). So I will use my Schick injectors 52 times a year & that is a excellent formula in my books!

Razor : Schick injector i2 with Hydro-magic- Mfg 1954-57- excellent daily driver!
    Blade : Personna injector SS PTFE (2) -excellent blade with this razor.
    Soap: Razorock Lavender. One of Razorocks better soaps for lather qualities and scents.
    Brush: Yaqi tuxedo knot 24 mm with black marble handle- this is one of my favorites & its just very enjoyable to use!
    Pre shave: Brush wash my whole face with CeraVe hand bar soap + a dollop of Aloe Vera Gel on beard area only.
    Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 3.
    Post shave: Alum + cold water rinse.
    Post shave: Razorock King Louis Lavender with witch hazel + Nivea balm.
    Results : CCS,DFS,BBS + Alum indicated no irritation + no weepers = [​IMG] Great Sunday shave!

Sunday shave April 5th 2020 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

BigD, Jayaruh, brit and 7 others like this.
  5. Aztecmike

Aztecmike George

Very cool that you held onto that one set..enjoy your "sneaky' shave today. ;)

Thank you Gary! :) Definitely one of my prettier Schicks so I don't use it often, but it does give an excellent shave & I like being able to hand load blades in it.

GAW9576 and brit like this.
  6. Droo78

Droo78 Well-Known Member

Sunday's Shave

AutoStrop VB2
    Feather FHS-10

[​IMG]

BigD, GAW9576, Jayaruh and 8 others like this.
  7. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Sundays Shave [​IMG]
    Razor: ER1909
    Blade: CVS CS
    Brush: Everready
    Soap: Palmolive Cream
    AS: Sweet Smoke

Had a great 3 pass shave today. Smelling and looking great with no place to go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

BigD, GAW9576, Jayaruh and 9 others like this.
  8. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Adelene, despined gem stainless ptfe blade, shave 4
    adelene.jpg

Another razor on loan from @twhite to try out. Razor is mild but very efficient. BBS finish everywhere except under the chin. This razor the way it shaves and blade feel reminds me a lot of an Autostrop VC4 but without the feather blade. If I get to it I'll give this one a back to back shave against a VC4.

BigD, GAW9576, Jayaruh and 5 others like this.
  9. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

[​IMG]
    Lets see what we have here...hmm....
    Arko Stick---check!
    JR383 killer badger--check!
    Schick Chick Blades--check!
    Thayers, for that W-H clean up pass--check
    Musgo Real Classic AS--check
    Vintage Old Spice post shave Talcum Powder--check!!
    Tom Ford Noir EdT--check!
    And a WWII red box Military Issue E2 with a drop dead good looking handle.--Double Check@

These ingredients did, in fact, come together in a most amazing way, producing a fabulous shave. Both from the end result, but also from the excellent shaving experience.

This razor isn't the most amazing shaver I have. It also isn't the oldest or even coolest, although it is cool. BUT, this razor is one of the easiest, mildest and very efficient....lets say user friendly razors I have. It's so fool's proof it almost loses some fun points. A BBS is easily attainable with a little skin stetching, 2 passes plus W-H clean up pass...a little buffing here and there, on problem areas around jaw line... The mild nature of this injector makes buffing and j-hooking a joy!

I could absolutely use this guy everyday, and be happy to do it!

My Dad had a razor like this in WWII. He had several Schicks. One the cream plastic handle E3 in the Navy Issued Blue Box. Also a Black E2 with the head that opens for cleaning, and a red swirled butterscotch handled Red Box like this one.

He said he had a couple Navy issued to him and he won the others playing Poker. The red boxed one was probably Army issue. He could have picked it up at a PX or won it playing poker with an Army guy. He said, cigarettes were the most common poker chips but Whisky or Schick Injectors were the big High Stakes "Payday"!!

See they were hip enough to know even then how hip a Schick Injector was!!

This red box military issued E2 looks unused, and certainly doesn't look 80 years old!!
    [​IMG]
    This handle looks ALIVE![​IMG]

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Last edited: Apr 7, 2020
    BigD, GAW9576, Jayaruh and 10 others like this.
  10. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Mon 6th April.

The Grosvenor [ 404- mixed ]
    Vitos Super Red
    Ever Ready "Streamline"
    Gem S/S [ 1 ]
    Tuff Red A/S lotion

A Shave with what is probably my Favourite Vintage SE Razor. It was for a long time the Razor I would choose if needing a Shave for a special occasion. However, my special occasion Razor is now an AC/SE as it does not require the same level of concentration demanded by the "Streamline".
    I never have any problems using a fresh blade in this Razor, and the Shave was quite smooth and trouble free, with a splendid close all round finish, quite a bit better than that yesterday with the TNNSER-3D.

IMG_0657.jpg

Last edited: Apr 6, 2020
    Bird Lives, BigD, GAW9576 and 8 others like this.
  11. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

GEMonday, April 6th 2020 today for my razor usage, On a fairly new blade I like to advantage of my milder Gem razors that will give excellent shaves regardless. My gold push button performed very well today with minimal operator error.

Razor: Gem push button- MFG 1958-65 -good daily driver!
    Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE (2) Excellent blade in every way!
    Soap: Italian barber Amici- Great inexpensive soap with good lather qualities!
    Brush: Yaqi timber wolf whiskers 24mm- great brush to use.
    Pre- shave : shower + a dollop of Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
    Prep: cold water rinse after each pass of 3.
    Post shave: Amici aftershave with witch hazel + AVON "True Gent" balm- now that is a nice balm!!!
    Results : CCS,DFS,BBS + minimal irritation + 1 weeper on chin area> operator error= [​IMG] great shave today!

GEMonday April 06th 2020 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Bird Lives, BigD, GAW9576 and 5 others like this.
  12. Droo78

Droo78 Well-Known Member

Monday's Shave

Schick E2
    Personna Blade

[​IMG]

Bird Lives, Ron R, BigD and 7 others like this.
  13. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Menthol Monday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Cold Water Rinse
    Eskimo Tuxedo
    Jayaruh #401
    Pal Injecto-matic
    Personna
    CWR
    Osage Rub

The Eskimo Tuxedo Shaving Soap face-lathered well with Jayaruh #401 brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Pal Injecto-matic with a Personna blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Osage Rub. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

Bird Lives, Ron R, BigD and 7 others like this.
  14. 120inna55

Phoenix & Beau | Luna
    Wolf Whiskers | Raptor | Black Wolf
    Ever-Ready SE | Gem PTFE
    Roja Parfums | Elysium

[​IMG]

Bird Lives, Ron R, MPF9 and 7 others like this.
  15. brit

brit in a box

absolutely awesome..:)

GAW9576 and 120inna55 like this.
  16. 120inna55

Thanks, Gary.

brit and GAW9576 like this.
  17. GAW9576

GAW9576 Well-Known Member

GeMentholMonday with the Gem Damaskeene. I added some Sterling frost drops to Sterling almost heaven, whipped up a luscious lather and started to shave with this wonderful razor. My first thought was WOW I know I'm shaving 7 days growth but I remember the Damaskeene being more efficient and having at least some audio feedback and blade feel. Well that's what late night shaving did to me today. I had plum forgotten to load a blade. Well once that was rectified I performed a fantastic 1.75 pass shave for a very socially acceptable shave. I was planning on this being a daily double but the mystery straight razor on its way to me hasn't shown up yet. I guess the postal system is a bit slow right now with everything going on. And I guess it's probably for the better given I forgot to load a blade in my safety razor. Imagine what may have happened with a straight razor.

[​IMG]

Bird Lives, Ron R, MPF9 and 8 others like this.
  18. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Tabac Tuesday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Cold Water Rinse
    Tabac Shave Soap
    Jayaruh #401
    Pal Injecto-matic
    Personna
    CWR
    Tabac ASB

The Tabac Shaving Soap face-lathered well with Jayaruh #401 brush. Two passes and touch ups with the black handle Pal Injecto-matic with a Personna blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Tabac ASB. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

Jim99, Bird Lives, Droo78 and 7 others like this.
  19. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Tue 7th April.

RazoRock Syn
    Arran Aromatics - Bay Citrus
    ER 1924/ ES Claymore Handle
    Gem S/S [ 1 ]
    Tuff Green A/S Lotion

Just working through my favourite Vintage SEs , with perhaps my most aggressive first.So after the "Streamline" it just has to be a 1924. Despite its rather careworn appearance it still Shaves very well, especially with a longer S/S Handle. In fact the Shave was quite smooth after the more aggressive "Streamline " , and the finished quality of the Shave was good.

IMG_0661.jpg

Last edited: Apr 7, 2020
    Jim99, Bird Lives, BigD and 7 others like this.
  20. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

SOTD, Tue April 7th 2020.

Razor : Oneblade core 2 version - MFG 2018> great daily driver!
    Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE modified (1) Excellent blade in every known way!
    Soap: Razorock "The dead Sea" -very wonderful soap for scent and lather qualities.
    Brush: Razorock Noir Plissoft 400 - excellent brush - closest brush to real boar brush IMO.
    Pre shave: Brush wash my face with CeraVe hand bar soap + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
    Prep : cold water rinse after each pass of 3.
    Post shave: Razorock "The Dead Sea" aftershave with witch Hazel + Nivea Men balm> very nice stuff.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = [​IMG] Excellent shave- does not get much better for Myself and in my sweet spot target!!

SOTD, April 7th 2020 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Jim99, Bird Lives, BigD and 6 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.