Not sure if I'm posting in the right place.

Discussion in 'Shave School' started by Jake Gibson, Apr 9, 2020.

1. Jake Gibson

Jake Gibson Well-Known Member

Hey everyone I purchased this set on Ebay about 2 months ago before I had started anything to do with wet shaving, this was supposed to be my introduction so to speak. I'm just curious if anyone out there has used anything from this kit, if it's worth keeping at all or if I should pass it on to someone else who is about to start their own wet shaving adventure. Thanks a bunch everyone :) 20200409_132221.jpg

Edison Carter, Jayaruh and brit like this.
  2. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    This looks like a pretty nice beginners' set. You can certainly get a terrific shave, since it's the blade that shaves you not the razor. Lather can be created from a paintbrush, if you had to. IMO, pick something and use it daily for a minimum of 30 days. Solidify your technique, before you fall down the rabbit hole of acquisitions.
    BTW, welcome to TSD, the BEST shave forum on the internet.

3. lightcs1776

lightcs1776 Well-Known Member

Good advice from Primo. Enjoy the learning experience.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Primotenore likes this.
  4. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Zwhs.png
    [​IMG]
    Glad to have you join our little group. Welcome @Jake Gibson from North Cackalacky.
    [​IMG]

Primotenore likes this.
  5. Jake Gibson

Jake Gibson Well-Known Member

Excellent thanks everyone for the replies! It definitely seems like a solid set even if I just use the bowl and stand. I've already started my 30 day focus rule and I shaved today for the second time, same setup. I took my time this time around, went nice and slow, didn't rush, that little extra bit of care, concentration and control made all the difference in the world! I'm still having a bit of trouble getting my lather right though. It's drying out on my face a little too quickly.

Angelo85 likes this.
  6. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

Welcome to TSD!

If the lather is drying, add more water while lathering. I think most people tend to make lather that is under hydrated when they begin.

7. stuartganis

stuartganis Well-Known Member

Welcome from West Tennessee..

Sent from my SM-T387V using Tapatalk