Velva...Time to PANIC???

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by Michael, May 3, 2007.

1. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

[Will - before you read this, Joe says all is well.....]

Was just looking at Joe's link to Appleton and came across their Aqua Velva. Don't know if it's that particular container or the product itself, or just that Appleton is no longer going to carry it, but it says...

"[SIZE=-1]This product has recently been discontinued- quantities are limited!"

http://www.appletonbarbersupply.com...ABS&Product_Code=AQUAS15&Category_Code=AFTE01

Thought some of you might want to check it out...

EDIT: Just wrote to the folks who make it. Will let you know what I find out.
    [/SIZE]

2. ada8356

ada8356 Member

Hmmm, I'll be on the look out for info, but I'd be willingly to bet that the 'discontinued' applies to the 'barber supply' style and not the drugstore style that most of us have.

3. johnniegold

johnniegold New Member

Did AV check with Doc if it was ok with him to discontinue "his" product.

4. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

:rofl :rofl :rofl

5. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

I bet they didn't. Doc is a major stockholder! Inventory that is. :rofl

6. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

Heart Attack

Must be that Appleton is discontinuing it from their "supply", or that the large plastic bottle won't be made any longer.....

I wrote a very concerned email to Combe a short while ago, after Williams Mug Soap went on sale and became hard to find. They replied kindly and reassured me that both Williams and Aqua Velva aren't going anywhere ;)

7. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

I've been trained on how to do CPR and use an Automated Defibrillator for those Velveteers that start having heart problems after reading the first post. :rofl

8. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

So I should edit my first post before Will sees it? :eek::shocked031 I just did...he'll be fine. :)

9. Will

Will Nevermind

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Faint

10. Will

Will Nevermind

OK im back

Joe rent a U-haul

We are going coast to coast robbing every CVS in our path :rofl

11. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

Sorry, Dude...

12. johnniegold

johnniegold New Member

(Reuters) A man proclaiming to be Burgess Meredith has been going into CVS stores coast to coast and taking... wait this just in... Aqua Velva. Detectives say that all other toiletries were left unharmed but threats were uttered at the designer fragrances. More updates at 11.

Follow-up: Witnesses say they saw the perpretrator flee the scene in a rented U-haul with another individual in the car. Witnesses further state that there was the faint smell of bay rum emanating from the vehicle. Citizens having any information...

13. sparky5693

sparky5693 Administrator Staff Member

Administrator
    An independent pharmacy that sells that larger bottle, had told me that just the larger (different shaped) bottle is being discontinued. I can't say this came from an authority, just the old lady that runs the pharmacy.

14. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

Is that bottle glass or plastic? Anyone know?

15. Baloosh

Baloosh Duder

...meaning the 7oz. glass bottle????

:eek: :eek: :mad:

16. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

17. johnniegold

johnniegold New Member

I did get an email from ebarbershop about those bottles. They are plastic.

18. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

Figures...

OTOH, so is Master Bay Rum and it's awesome!

19. Will

Will Nevermind

Burgess Meredith..........well he was the Penguin. :rofl

20. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

:happy001 :happy001 :happy001