Central Texas Shave Soaps

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Paul Turner, Oct 21, 2018.

1. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

john zeiger likes this.
  2. Ksblazer

Ksblazer Well-Known Member

Paul

Have you tried any of their aftershaves or any of their other products?

If so, please let us know what you think of them.

Paul Turner likes this.
  3. Paul Turner

Here's what else I've tried so far(relative to your question:). Just one of their aftershaves, two shave soaps, and one bath soap.

A.S.-Weekend Rodeo(to match the shave soap). It's quite nice. As Greg describes, it is essentially pure leather. Although he doesn't say what kind, I'm willing to bet that it's Saddle Leather, which would make sense with the Rodeo setting. Some of the "ingredients" include Witch Hazel, Tea Tree Oil, Glycerin, Aloe Leaf Juice, and Menthol(although I'd say the strength of the leather fragrance cuts off most of the menthol.). It comes in a glass bottle, and I like how they come right out and say "Shake for best use".

Shave Soaps-Weekend Rodeo(see above) and Grandpa's Barbershop(a nice old-time barbershop scent).

Bath Soaps-Clean Shave. I use bath soaps in the sink for hand-washing, whereas most of you might or would use them in the bath or shower. Very refreshing feel. I was pleased, and might re-order this one(again for the sink).

Note: Sometime this summer(or late spring)I think I will do an order for the Down At The River shavesoap. He just put out two more which sound interesting(Camp Out and Padre Island). I thought about trying the Padre Island, but figured I'd stay on the Down At The River bandwagon.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2020
  4. Paul Turner

And here's another(I just got the e-mail today:)

Irish Flats- a dupe of the Creed Irish Tweed.

Ksblazer likes this.
  5. Paul Turner

I'm glad to see that one of Greg's new soaps is listed as being sold out(Padre Island). I'm sure it'll return in the near future(or just plain future).

6. Ksblazer

Padre Island sounded like a scent to me. Especially for the summertime.

I'm hoping I can finish of 2 soaps and 1 cream that are 2/3rds or more of the way used up.

Then by Fall order up the cherry pipe tobacco soap and maybe the aftershave as well.

Paul Turner and Frijolero like this.
  7. Paul Turner

CTS Down At The River shave soap is OK for summer, but I look forward to the fall to see if it feels better then.

8. Ksblazer

Now I'm contemplating the tobacco amber over the cherry pipe tobacco for this fall.

Maybe I should just get both. As I'm sure I'll like both of those scents.

Paul Turner likes this.
  9. Paul Turner

The Tobacco&Amber might be my next one..but that's a long ways away, I think...I already have one similar to it(Sir Hare&Co...ALPHA), and will have to work that one down.

10. Paul Turner

Here's some info on Tobacco&Amber, @Ksblazer , it has the highest number of reviews from the group. By the way, I'm a little concerned with my Grandpa's Barbershop....it looks on the "mushy" side....maybe from not having used it in a long time. I think I'll move it ahead of the line to make it my next shavesoap...I need to "get to the bottom of this" (oh, that was bad, but you know what I mean :).

Ksblazer likes this.
  11. Paul Turner

It did for me....I like a milder tobacco(than what they sell). By the way, they're gone now(LG).

12. Paul Turner

An update for Central Texas Soaps enthusiasts.....he put a new design on his Grandpa's Barbershop......the pole is bigger.

Ksblazer likes this.
  13. Paul Turner

Cherry Pipe looks like a good choice. But I still have a lot of shaving to do with the three I now have.

14. Paul Turner

Here's an update-CTS Grandpa's Barbershop and Down At The River are currently sold out. They'll be back I'm sure. I have those two.

15. Paul Turner

And I stand corrected-it is VERY GOOD for the summer provided you back it up with a cool aftershave.

Ksblazer likes this.
  16. Paul Turner

I have my eye on the Ft. Worth shaving soap.....probably best for cold weather, but it looks good.

17. Paul Turner

Greg has sold out 5 soaps as of this writing. They'll be back I'm sure, but I'm glad he's doing so well.

18. Paul Turner

Did you get them both? I, too, am looking at 2 for this fall season(2022)-Irish Flats and Ft. Worth.

19. Ksblazer

Not yet. Like you I'm waiting for fall to give it a try.

Paul Turner likes this.
  20. Paul Turner

Hey there Central Texas Soaps fans-Greg has 4, maybe more, soaps sold out as of this writing. One of them is one I hope to get sometime soon-Irish Flats. We'd better pay close attention to the website!!