May 2020 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by NCoxSTL, Apr 30, 2020.

?

What will you be "mixing up" in May?

1. Razors I rarely/never use

5 vote(s)
    16.7%
  2. Blades I rarely/never use

3 vote(s)
    10.0%
  3. Soaps I rarely/never use

6 vote(s)
    20.0%
  4. Brushes I rarely/never use

2 vote(s)
    6.7%
  5. A combination of everything just thrown together like a salad!

15 vote(s)
    50.0%
  6. Who said you could suggest a salad?! We eat cookies here!!!

5 vote(s)
    16.7%
  7. Gonna PIF some stuff and try to win some PIF'd stuff to replace it!

3 vote(s)
    10.0%
  8. I miss Chris's intros with only two questions. This is just ridiculous!! Sheesh!

5 vote(s)
    16.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brit

brit in a box

thank you James..a favorite razor/handle combination..nickel new sc cambridge with the canadian military tech handle..i am crap at surprises..:D

2. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

The scissors are to cut the noodles. Some people cut them some do not. I cut them a lot because if I don’t I will end up with red spots on my shirt, the the red noodles were mine. My woman doesn’t cut hers and it makes her crazy when I cut mine. She says that cutting your noodles is symbolic of shortening your life. The root veggie is pickled moo. Moo is like a cross between a radish and jicama but its even bigger than jicama. It helps to cut the spiciness, you can mix with the noodles or eat separately.

3. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Fabulous. How do you like the Stirling Sandalwood? I have the Vanilla Sandalwood which is very nice.

timabababaluka, brit, clint64 and 2 others like this.
  4. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Fabulous report Tim. Was the result of the shave due to the blade or the airy quality of the soap that impacted the smoothness?

timabababaluka, brit, clint64 and 2 others like this.
  5. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Thanks Joe! In the beginning, the scent was meh. However, I have a large donut hole so I have used plenty of it. I like the scent, but it is mild. Would I repurchase it? Probably, but I would want to try other Sandalwood scents.

timabababaluka, brit, clint64 and 3 others like this.
  6. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Terrific shave, Tim!
    Knowing when to say when is a big part of the battle.

7. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

Wednesday back to work shave: Next up in the boar brush focus is an Omega 'banded' boar brush. I don't remember the model number but it dyed to look like badger, I prefer the natural look of my other boar brushes. This one has a way to go before it is broken in, I do not use it often as I prefer the Omega Pro knots. Still it did a great job with the B&M.

Today's razor is a Cobra Classic loaded with a fresh Feather Pro. This is one of my three favorite safety razors along with the 2011 R41 and my Joris....if I had to choose I would probably go with the Cobra.

The shave was excellent and now back to work after the long rest.

IMG_8708.jpeg

8. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

:cool:

9. MrEE

MrEE Half Naked Shave Stalker

May 5th.

Today's shave was nothing special. Shave #5 with the Autostrop and FHS blade. Still just getting started. Here's hoping.

:) I admit I'm not reading as much 30DC right now. Spending my extra hour in the evening in my shop (garage)

This is where I started the evening:

Screen Shot 2020-05-05 at 6.22.52 PM.png
    After the lessons I learned making the Aluminum POC, I decided to cut the profile and shape the blade in the following steps.

Got a brand new 3 flute ALTIN coated carbide endmill in the mail today. So, out to the shop, I go.

The CAM software calculates the machining time at about 29 min and 4 seconds.

The second blank (top) did brake loose while machining the tang, but it's nothing that a little sanding won't fix.

And here's where I'm stopping for the night.

PSX_20200505_182642.jpg

Waiting on tools to take the next steps.

10. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Very cool, Evan!

timabababaluka, Trigger, brit and 2 others like this.
  11. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Great shave recap and photo Joe.

12. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Love the photo Tim. Great decision on not chasing the baby.

13. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Just Awesome Evan.

14. jgreenepa

jgreenepa Nasal Barbarian

Thanks, Joe

Trigger, brit and jluc like this.
  15. jgreenepa

Thanks, Tim! If I were younger, and not shaky, I’d be shaving with a straight razor. Keep on keeping on!

16. MrEE

MrEE Half Naked Shave Stalker

Nice tobacco Tuesday Jim! Love the photo.

17. jgreenepa

Tom, I'm a big fan of Royall Lyme! Been using it for many years. My other favorites are Old Spice Fresh Lime AS, and Gabels Lime AS Lotion

18. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Thank you, Evan!

Trigger and brit like this.
  19. jgreenepa

Great kit, Keith! The Classic Cobra is an incredible shaver! Have you tried it with a Feather Super? As a blade forward shaver, I’d think it would appeal to you because of the increased blade feel.

20. brit

brit in a box

awesome..

timabababaluka, Trigger and jluc like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.