May 2020 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by NCoxSTL, Apr 30, 2020.

?

What will you be "mixing up" in May?

1. Razors I rarely/never use

5 vote(s)
    16.7%
  2. Blades I rarely/never use

3 vote(s)
    10.0%
  3. Soaps I rarely/never use

6 vote(s)
    20.0%
  4. Brushes I rarely/never use

2 vote(s)
    6.7%
  5. A combination of everything just thrown together like a salad!

15 vote(s)
    50.0%
  6. Who said you could suggest a salad?! We eat cookies here!!!

5 vote(s)
    16.7%
  7. Gonna PIF some stuff and try to win some PIF'd stuff to replace it!

3 vote(s)
    10.0%
  8. I miss Chris's intros with only two questions. This is just ridiculous!! Sheesh!

5 vote(s)
    16.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. timabababaluka

timabababaluka No exceptions. Except.....

Thank you, Clint! Today, discretion was definitely the better part of valor ;)

jgreenepa, clint64, jluc and 2 others like this.
  2. timabababaluka

Thank you, Jeff! :D

3. timabababaluka

Sounds about I'm-kind-of-sad-it's-happened-enough-that-they-had-to-make-a-special-term-for-that :happy102:

clint64, jluc, Trigger and 1 other person like this.
  4. timabababaluka

Maybe not that crazy, but a blindfolded straight shave isn't much more than a hop, skip, and a jump away from it ;)

jgreenepa, clint64, Keithmax and 3 others like this.
  5. timabababaluka

Thanks, Evan--that's the hope :D

I'm close, just gotta turn the chin and jaw into less of a wild card ;)

6. jtspartan

jtspartan appropriately stimulated, via Netflix

So very cool, Evan!

jgreenepa, clint64, jluc and 3 others like this.
  7. timabababaluka

Awesome pics and shave, Charlie! :D

Out of all the directions with a shavette, I find the XTG passes to be the most tricky... especially along the cheeks.

8. myles wilson

myles wilson Moth Ball Mouth

So I’ve been doing Some hypothetical research on vintage old spice. Typically an aftershave scent will not last long. I’ve noticed with vintage old spice aftershave that I can smell it an hour later after applying it. Usually alcohol will evaporate over time in fragrances. And the fragrance it self will remain, but stronger than before due to less alcohol. I assume back in the day when you bought a brand new Shulton formula bottle of old spice, it wasn’t as strong and as good smelling as it is today. So I would probably bet Shulton old spice is better now than it ever was before, because the fragrance notes them self were able to blossom.

jgreenepa, jtspartan, clint64 and 6 others like this.
  9. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

The Merry Mixed Up Month of May!

May 5

Razor - Gillette Red Tip Super Speed
    Blade - [​IMG]
    Soap - FatBac
    Brush - @Jayaruh #46
    Post - Alum

It's the end of a Tuesday in the Lou. Cinco de Mayo!! So, hopefully, you had some Tacos on Taco Tuesday Cinco de Mayo. If not, go ahead and do it tomorrow. Close enough.

Great finish to the day with the Red Tip one more time. Sharp Star for a third totally smooth and sharp night. The JR46 got pulled into duty for a soap I haven't touched in forever! It's FatBac time! For the newer members who haven't encountered this soap before it's just a 50/50 mix of Mitchell's Wool Fat and Tabac. I keep the last bits from each when I wear out a puck and grate them then press them into a bowl. It has a really great scent - think Tabac but modified by the clean scent of MWF, and the lather is absolutely amazing. Super easy and super slick and cushy. I've actually thought of buying an extra puck of each just to make a "full batch". But, I have too much soap already so that isn't happening soon.

Three passes to the gloryland and my Tuesday is complete.

Fun 30DC History moment of the day - How about a post from January 1, 2015 from the one and only @Bama Samurai , Chris. You'll notice the front half of his nickname references the great State of Alabama. Yes, he's an ALABAMA fan. Not that other school that tries to compete with them down there. Aub.....something or other. Anyone who knows anything about Alabama football, and many who just know the history of college football know the name Paul "Bear" Bryant. One of the all time great college coaches. He was the original Nick Saban, if that helps. Or, should I say, Nick is a somewhat worthy successor to the Bear. So what does Bear Bryant have to do with shaving, you ask? Check it out HERE!

Have a wonderful Wednesday!

May 5 2020.jpg

10. myles wilson

myles wilson Moth Ball Mouth

Awesome red tip! Absolutely flawless

11. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Thanks! That's how it came to me and I aim to keep it that way.

12. Venkat

Venkat Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Today's shave: 05/05/2020
    Razor: Gillette Tech on a Big Brass Handle
    Brush: Art of Shaving Badger
    Blade: Iridium Super (11)
    Soap: Arko
    AS: Alum rub & Pinaud Clubman AS
    Rating: 8
    Comments: Really amazing Iridium Super!
    Excellent shave on the 11th use!!

13. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

Sorry, I've been tied up with a few things going on here lately but it will all settle down tomorrow night after work. I MAY just start the month off with a shave from one of my previous creations and ease everyone into the more dramatic stuff as the month passes. Got a good 4 day growth on and its itching to come off. If you see or hear of @jtspartan , please tell him the razor is almost ready for the mail as its not easy welding these blades on so its been taking me a bit of time . If you're wondering what I'm talking about......Jason has volunteered to try out the butterknife razor and deserves some backslapping for his bravery. He's got guts I tell ya!
    Anywho, I'm off for a 5hr sleep then in to the mill for some welding action for the day . Take care!

b1hart, jgreenepa, jtspartan and 8 others like this.
  14. brit

brit in a box

fine shave and pic Charlie..

15. brit

brit in a box

fine shave Neal..

16. MrEE

MrEE Half Naked Shave Stalker

I thought for sure making my own straight would buy some MAYhem credits but it seems you have them all secured. I may need a few ideas.

Perhaps Tim @timabababaluka needs a dare or two as well.

Last edited: May 6, 2020
  17. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

It's another superb shavette shave for you Charlie!

18. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Nice shave, pic and post! Welcome to 30DC!

19. brit

brit in a box

20200505_142808_edited.jpg
    williams wednesday shave
    nickel new sc/military tech handle
    gsb
    semogue boar
    modern williams
    mont blanc legend spirit

good morning gents,well midnight here,thought i would get my shave in.pulled out the new sc cambridge head and put on the military handle,loaded with a gsb.loaded the semogue boar with williams.heavy load was easy as i recently soaked the 3 pucks overnight in the mug .bowl lathered adding water slowly .awesome slick rich lather.knocked off a bbs in 2+ passes.wasn't much left after this morning but was itching to try this out.i will look at williams in a whole new way.tons left for the "plus" pass,so i took a quick pic..,no dissipation.super slick..finished up with some twisted thayers and a shot of legend spirit..have a great day gents. 20200505_224446_edited.jpg

20. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Welcome to the Crew!
    Nicely done, Gary!

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.