"Schick Show"

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by brit, Oct 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

brit likes this.
  2. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Sunday Schick morning shave. April 5th 2020- I have these wonderful Schick's and every Sunday I will choose one so that they get put into action like they were meant to(I have been doing this for about a year now). So I will use my Schick injectors 52 times a year & that is a excellent formula in my books!

Razor : Schick injector i2 with Hydro-magic- Mfg 1954-57- excellent daily driver!
    Blade : Personna injector SS PTFE (2) -excellent blade with this razor.
    Soap: Razorock Lavender. One of Razorocks better soaps for lather qualities and scents.
    Brush: Yaqi tuxedo knot 24 mm with black marble handle- this is one of my favorites & its just very enjoyable to use!
    Pre shave: Brush wash my whole face with CeraVe hand bar soap + a dollop of Aloe Vera Gel on beard area only.
    Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 3.
    Post shave: Alum + cold water rinse.
    Post shave: Razorock King Louis Lavender with witch hazel + Nivea balm.
    Results : CCS,DFS,BBS + Alum indicated no irritation + no weepers = [​IMG] Great Sunday shave!

Sunday shave April 5th 2020 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

3. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Sunday Schick shave, Once a week at least I like to get one of my Schick injector razors out of the racks for this tradition and today is no different than with my Schick Adjustable injector model 3(M3). This razor is a marvel to shave with and results are stellar like usual.

Razor: Schick adjustable injector M3- MFG 1970-72 -Great razor to zero in on your type of shave- setting 3!
    Blade : Personna injector SS PTFE (9) great blade, very sharp and keeps a edge while sitting idle over time IMO.
    Soap: Razorock Lavender- I just enjoy using this soap because it has great lather qualities and scent.
    Brush : Razorock Plissoft 24mm synthetic.Great brush I have used for the last 3 years.
    Pre-shave: Brush wash my whole face with CeraVe hand bar soap + a dollop of clear aloe Vera gel on beard area.
    Post : Razorock King Louis Lavender aftershave with witch hazel + Nivea men balm.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + 1 small blemish weeper = [​IMG] excellent very close shave, it does not get better for myself.

Sunday shave, April 19th 2020 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

4. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Sunday Schick shave, April 26 2020

Razor : Schick injector E2 type Canadian Variant - MFG 1930's & 40's Niagara Falls Ont.
    Blade : Personna SS PTFE injector (9) still sharp & gave a great shave.
    Soap: Razorock "The Dead Sea"- I really enjoy the scent and has good lather qualities.
    Brush : Yaqi Tuxedo knot 24 mm "Sagrada Familia" named after a great cathedral in Barcelona Spain.
    Pre-shave : Brush wash my whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser [​IMG] + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard.
    Prep: cold water rinse after each pass of 3.
    Post shave: Razorock "The Dead Sea" aftershave with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea Men balm.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = [​IMG]excellent shave with my excellent E2 Schick injector.

Sunday shave,April 26th 2020 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

5. Aztecmike

Aztecmike George

20200427_210058~2.jpg
    April 28th, 2020

1967-1972 Schick Platinum DE
    Zorrik Super Platinum (5)
    Rubberset 600N nylon
    Arko Shave Stick
    Skin Bracer Sport Talc A/S

6. brit

brit in a box

fine schick shave Mike..cool razor..

Aztecmike likes this.
  7. Aztecmike

Aztecmike George

Thank you Gary..:)

brit likes this.
  8. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Sunday Schick Shave, April 03 2020. I like to have a different Schick injector shave on Sundays and it is so easy with Schick's because they loved to make all kinds of different ones from Theme series to practical razors. Today is the Schick 500 series and it is by far the longest handle in my collection of Schick's measuring 5 3/8 inches from bottom to top.
    I think any longer a razor handle would be not be all that beneficial to most IMO, but it is a unisex razor and has the Hydro magic feature that I use to clean the blade. Beautiful razor and shaves well!

Razor: Schick 500 injector with Hydro magic, a nice long handle for some at 5 3/8 inches LG, Mfg 1957-64
    Blade : Personna SS PTFE (4) Very sharp and smooths out after a few shaves with good longevity IMO.
    Soap: Razorock XXX- Nice scent with excellent lather qualities!
    Brush : Yaqi Tuxedo knot 24mm "Sagrada Familia " named after a Barcelona Cathedral in Spain.
    Pre shave: Brush wash my whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
    Post shave: Razorock Emperor aftershave with witch Hazel + a dollop of Nivea Sensitive balm.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = [​IMG] excellent shave with my Schick 500 injector.
    Sunday Schick Shave,April 05th 2020 (2).jpg
    Have some great shaves!

9. Ijustmissedthe50s

Ijustmissedthe50s The Warnee

20200505_213359_copy_600x800.jpg
    -Schick long, metal knob "Krona"
    -Wilkinson Sword blade
    -restored vintage boar brush
    -Cella soap...I love the scent so much I always wait til the last second of each pass to trim my mustache lol!
    -Cella a/s...fleeting but lovely scent, but that great Cella face feel makes it a treat each use.

10. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

SOTD, May 6th 2020. Not much going on for Pal injector razors, next closest razor to a Schick injector!

Razor : Pal injecto-matic - Mfg 1952> very nice razor with a brand new Personna blade.
    Blade: Personna SS PTFE injector (1)- very sharp blade that smooths out on 2nd or 3rd shave.
    Soap: Haslinger Schafmilch- mild scent with excellent lather qualities.
    Brush: Razorock Noir 400 plissoft- closest thing to a broke in boar brush IMO.
    Pre- shave : brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar soap + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
    Prep: cold water rinse after each pass of 2 1/2.
    Post shave: Fine fresh Vetiver with Witch Hazel + a small dollop of Nivea sensitive balm.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + 1 tiny blemish weeper = [​IMG] excellent shave with my Pal!

SOTD-May 06th 2020 (2).jpg
    Have some great shaves!

11. brit

brit in a box

fine schick shave and pic Ron..good morning..

12. efsk

efsk Active Member

Schick injector, model H1: Ladies Fashion Razor. Waterdrops as the photos were taken just after my shave with it.
    DSC04485.JPG DSC04487.JPG DSC04488.JPG DSC04489.JPG

13. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Hello Gary, you have a great day also.

14. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

15. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

SOTD, Friday, May 15th 2020- Took out my Stick Schick injector with the marathon Twin ll blade and had another shave.
    The blade is getting a little more tuggy on shave #31 but still another shave or 2 in it.

Razor : Stick Schick injector L theme series - Mfg 1973- works well with a Twin ll blade.
    Blade : Schick twin ll (31) interesting testing this blade- I try to use it once a month, impressed for a blade that has been out but not used consecutively for over a year. Rinse and blow until next session!
    Soap: Razorock Santa Maria del Fiore "Firenze"- great scent and excellent lather qualities.
    Brush: Yaqi tuxedo knot 24 mm "Sagrada Familia" named after a great cathedral in Barcelona Spain.
    Pre shave: Shower, brush wash my face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
    Prep: cold water rinse after each pass of 3+ clean up. - good way to wake a person up in the morning.
    Post shave: Pinaud Clubman with witch Hazel + Nivea balm
    Results : CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers= [​IMG] good shave with my Stick Schick injector!

SOTD,Fri May 15th 2020 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

16. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

Nice!

You have to love the life of those twin blades!

Ron R likes this.
  17. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Hello Jim. I read some threads about the Twin ll blade so I purchased a dispenser of 10 from Japan some 14 months ago after reading they seem to last a long time. They are very good right out of the injector dispenser & I do not think they are meant for removing long growth of a beard because they would plug up more than likely. For a daily shaver they work well for removing 1 or 2 days growth. I bought mine off E-bay from Japan at a real good price.
    Have some great shaves!

Ijustmissedthe50s and Jim99 like this.
  18. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

I’m still a Schick Head even though I moved mostly to the “Dark Side” a few years ago. At that time I sold off the complete G Type collection. They’re works of art but I never liked the shave they gave me. I still have plenty of B, C, D, E1, E2, E3, E4, F, H, I, K, various Canadians, etc. that I break out now and then. Here’s the eye candy:

G series 8 to 1 line up.jpg

00275312-3F2B-4F47-8A59-67B3938E869D.jpeg

Happy shaving - Karl

19. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

Those are gorgeous!

:love055:

Karl G likes this.
  20. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

Ron, you are correct. I have used them in a couple of my Schicks and in my my Gillette twinjector, and I find that they clog easily. I typically shave every day, so I don’t experience much clogging. I do find myself rinsing the blade more often just in case.

Edison Carter, Ron R and Karl G like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.