May 2020 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by NCoxSTL, Apr 30, 2020.

?

What will you be "mixing up" in May?

1. Razors I rarely/never use

5 vote(s)
    16.7%
  2. Blades I rarely/never use

3 vote(s)
    10.0%
  3. Soaps I rarely/never use

6 vote(s)
    20.0%
  4. Brushes I rarely/never use

2 vote(s)
    6.7%
  5. A combination of everything just thrown together like a salad!

15 vote(s)
    50.0%
  6. Who said you could suggest a salad?! We eat cookies here!!!

5 vote(s)
    16.7%
  7. Gonna PIF some stuff and try to win some PIF'd stuff to replace it!

3 vote(s)
    10.0%
  8. I miss Chris's intros with only two questions. This is just ridiculous!! Sheesh!

5 vote(s)
    16.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. myles wilson

myles wilson Moth Ball Mouth

just got back home from work today. My package ended up coming in a day early. looking forward to using this. If u put your nose about 6 inches above the shave soap, and you will still be able to smell it. I was quite surprised by that. Most os shave soaps typically have very little if any fragrance left in them. I believe this one is from 1960. Of course 1960 is special to me, because I think of the "Welcome Home Elvis" tribute with Frank Sinatra. IMG_20200507_204521.jpg IMG_20200507_204402.jpg

Last edited: May 7, 2020
    9nein9, b1hart, brit and 8 others like this.
  2. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Very cool! Congrats, Myles!

brit, timabababaluka, clint64 and 2 others like this.
  3. myles wilson

Thank You!

brit, clint64, Trigger and 1 other person like this.
  4. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Great pickup Myles!

brit, timabababaluka, clint64 and 2 others like this.
  5. myles wilson

Thank Joe!

brit, Trigger, clint64 and 1 other person like this.
  6. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Beautiful shave Blair.

9nein9, brit, clint64 and 4 others like this.
  7. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

Be careful with the Gold Dollars, they usually need some work to remove the shoulder. There are lots of cheap 'vintage' razors out there as an option. You want to avoid any wonky razors as that will make learning to hone more difficult.

Awesome, looking forward to seeing what design.

I have some Super Thins in my den but they have different script on them than yours. Mine look like this and are good blades.
    ST.jpg
    One of the coolest razors ever!

Another one of the coolest razors ever!

Edison Carter, brit, clint64 and 6 others like this.
  8. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Excellent Old Spice Dupe, especially the Reserve Spice. I am sure the scent improved your mood as the day progressed.

9nein9, brit, clint64 and 4 others like this.
  9. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

TGIF: This the last day of my boar focus and I am closing it out with the classic Omega Pro. This brush is definitely one wet shavings best values, once this knots break in they are wonderful. I over hydrated the B&M so had to revisit the tub a couple of times but the lather was very wet and very slick.

Today's razor (Art Razor "Saga") was rehoned on Monday, the last honing was a bit substandard so I am to report that I got it right this time. The shave was excellent.

IMG_8718.jpeg

Edison Carter, b1hart, brit and 9 others like this.
  10. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

I’ll keep you posted Tim.

9nein9, brit, clint64 and 3 others like this.
  11. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Fabulous looking shave. That razor is a beauty. I have my eye on an Artrazor in the future. Not sure which, the Cardinal, Le Chef or Gulliver.

12. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Fabulous!

13. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Wonderful shave and write Tim. Once you get to #100 are you planning a graduation party to the world of straights?

14. Trigger

Thanks Keith.

15. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Thank you Jeff. I finally was able to enjoy some nice LI weather for at least one day. The weekend = ❄️

9nein9, brit, jgreenepa and 4 others like this.
  16. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Point noted. Thank you

17. Trigger

As always, it's another great shave Keith! I also agree that the Omega Pros are awesome brushes.

18. Trigger

I can't believe we are going to have a wintry mix in the second week of May. I don't want to hear about global warming because we have had a very cool spring.

9nein9, brit, clint64 and 2 others like this.
  19. timabababaluka

timabababaluka No exceptions. Except.....

That, sir is a wicked looking edge! Glad the shave turned out well (and that you finally got the chance to shave) :D

brit, clint64, jluc and 2 others like this.
  20. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

The Merry Mixed Up Month of May!

May 7

Razor - Feather DX Artist Club (Pain Stick)
    Blade - [​IMG]
    Soap - Mitchell's Wool Fat
    Brush - 30DC Meet-Up LE w/TGN Grade A Silvertip
    Post - Alum

I'm not sure why but man am I tired tonight. Seriously worn out. Didn't seem like that bad a day but I'm whupped. But....I can always stand in and get a shave with a pain stick. Still with the DX and Dorco blade. I decided to let the blade remain the weak link and add a quality brush and soap to the setup. The Fat is one of my top 3 soaps and I love working with it tonight, especially with that handle by @jtspartan that makes the high quality knot work its magic. Really enjoyable to use that brush, and especially with a high end soap like that. The blade still feels as sharp as it did last night, but no, nowhere near as sharp as a Feather Pro, but it was smooth and effective. I took my time and worked on three passes to reach a near-BBS and called it good. No need to push things further than that, especially with my eyes being a bit heavy tonight. Loved the shave and the result.

Fun memory time!! In the early going of the 30DC most people were getting a handle on what gear to use. We had one rebel and a bit of a prophet. He decided to test the theory that cheap gear, that wasn't defective, could indeed perform as well as anything else. The picture is unique in that it only features the soap - but what a soap! You can read the list for all the gear. HERE IT IS!

Have a fantastic Friday!!

May 7 2020.jpg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.