Razors in passing

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by twhite, May 11, 2020.

1. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

We are always joking around as grabbing others razors when they may meet their untimely demise. Well this just got me thinking for real. What the heck is going to happen to our stuff?

Frijolero, Keithmax and Jim99 like this.
  2. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    If I don't get my boys interested, I will have my wife just box them all up and send them to Tom in Burbank.

Frijolero, Jim99 and twhite like this.
  3. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

My son will auction mine off on eBay.

Frijolero and twhite like this.
  4. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

I am fortunate that I got my son into it. So I hope he will appreciate my strange obsession

Jim I would be honored to look after your razors.

5. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

Maybe should consider bequeathing them in our wills to each other.
    :sick002:

Frijolero, Enrico and twhite like this.
  6. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

That is actually a good idea. My wife has asked me to price my stuff in case I croak. I should do it.

Frijolero, Enrico and Jim99 like this.
  7. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

My stuff is mainly special to me ........... my boys .. one has sported a beard for years .. the other is happy with a British flare and nothing else.

I can say at least my stuff is very clean and won't look like most of the razors on ebay.

My brushes and razors will probably be forgotten in a box, one day to be found by the grandkids to be taken to the antique shop for pennies.

Thats why I only keep the razors I enjoy using ..... most of my brushes I find homes for.

No sense worrying about it

:eatdrink013:

8. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Pitched, probably.

"There are no pockets on the shroud."

PLANofMAN, Frijolero, Moose and 3 others like this.
  9. Joewa

Joewa Well-Known Member

Someone will get a heck of a deal when my wife sells them for what I said I paid for them.

10. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

Five thousand years from now people will be excavating the ruins of our civilization. They will come across our razors and exclaim "Look, we have found ancient sex toys. Some of them are even adjustable. They were used with these thick-walled beakers, which we think are fertility cups. We have also found handles for what appear to be small brushes. We believe these people brushed themselves off to get rid of evil spirits. They would then use the other implements in magic rites to ensure prosperity and a large family. There is evidence that these artifacts are connected with the G'lltte cult, and possibly the Schick temple complex."

So your razors are going to end up in a Museum of Natural History, right next to the homo sapiens display. One can only imagine what the archaeologists are going the think if they come across one of your guys' uber large collections.

Last edited: May 12, 2020
    Frijolero, Keithmax, Angelo85 and 3 others like this.
  11. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

All of my stuff is labeled with the names of TSD friends including a (more than half full) large tin of Pinaud Lilac talc and an Aqua Velva fishing reel decanter (full) complete with lures.

Frijolero, Keithmax, twhite and 2 others like this.
  12. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

You might be right.
    :D

Shaver X likes this.
  13. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

It would be sad to see our razors that many of us consider our prized collections auctioned off, sold to antique stores or tossed in the trash as worthless garbage. However, it is what it is and life in this world carries on without us.

Yikes! :shocked003:

Maybe I’ll tell my family that if they do that with my collection, I’ll come back and haunt them.
    :signs136:

Frijolero, Keithmax and twhite like this.
  14. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    My son has no interest. I'll probably make a spreadsheet with some values of the razors and brushes for resale. The aftershaves and colognes? The soaps...binned? I guess I won't be complaining.

15. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    My wife will sign up here long enough to identify and get approximate values for my razors. Then she'll sell most of them. A few will go to my cousins. One or two might wind up in my urn. I have no children and am unlikely to have any.
    Edit:
    Actually, she'll probably just use my account to do it. She knows my login and password.

Last edited: May 12, 2020
    Frijolero, Keithmax, Enrico and 2 others like this.
  16. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I’ll probably have my son do the same.

17. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

This is timely. I'm going through the exercise now of documenting what will happen to my humble list of "prized possessions" when I die. This is not the most fun thing I've done lately, but it reminds me that the material things I hold dear are only temporary and that I should not put off using "the good stuff."

Most of my "goodies" would bring little to no joy to most of my friends or family, so I'm flagging a few items that may have some value. This helps them when it comes time to sell these items. That way, they don't have to stress out wondering if they are doing the right thing. I want this to be easy for them, and I want them to know it's OK to sell them.

As for razors, I'm giving mine to a gent that I believe will use and enjoy them and possibly give them to his sons or to someone getting started in this hobby that will use them. This part of the whole exercise actually brings me some joy.

Frijolero likes this.
  18. plumberroy

plumberroy New Member

I have a bunch of razors 13 to be exact that probably come from what you are discussing. They were bought at yard sales and thrift stores for .25 cents to $3 Gillette , Schick and a Gem.

Frijolero and twhite like this.
  19. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

One day our treasures will be someone else's trash ...... That's ok most of my treasures have been there before. ;)

Frijolero, Jim99, twhite and 2 others like this.
  20. Angelo85

Angelo85 Well-Known Member

I’d probably like to be buried with my top 5 vintage razors along with a jar of MDC Fougère shave soap, Wolf Whiskers brush, a sleeve of Voskhod blades and my bottles of Shulton Old Spice And Faberge Brut aftershaves. The rest I’d gift to friends that’d appreciate them and use them.