TSD Zoom Meetup - This Friday - 5/15 @8:00 PM EST

Discussion in 'Shave School' started by jgreenepa, May 12, 2020.

1. jgreenepa

jgreenepa Nasal Barbarian

Thanks to some help from @Keithmax it appears that this time would work best for everyone given our current sheltering at home. Keith (@Keithmax) could join us at the same time which would be Saturday 5/16 at 9 AM his time. That would be 7:00 PM CENTRAL 6:00 PM Mountain and 5:00 PM Pacific. Anyone interested in attending please PM @jgreenepa (Jeff) and I will PM you the invitations. It helps if you have a computer with video, but you can join with just a phone as well.

2. S Barnhardt

S Barnhardt Old, Crusty Barn

Is this for "just because" or is there something afoot I've missed?

Edison Carter likes this.
  3. jgreenepa

Nothing special other than to give folks the opportunity to meet and chat about our favorite hobby

4. jgreenepa

@wristwatchb (Charlie) plans to attend possibly with Kathy.

5. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

I’ll be joining, thanks for picking a time that works for me.

6. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

7. SharptoothC

SharptoothC I bite..........

I'd love the info. Gonna try and get in if possible.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

8. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

it concerns me that Charlie is willing to introduce his wife to you clowns. This cannot end well for him. ;)

9. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

10. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Charlie actually introduced her to those of us at the past two in-person meetups. Or at least he said it was his idea to bring her. I'm thinking she insisted to make sure he didn't burn down the building or buy too much stuff in the antique stores.

11. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

I will do my best to drop in on Friday. Sometimes I'm out working past that time, but if I'm in early, or really just on time for a change, I'll pop in. Glad to see an alternative to a "real" meet-up this year. About the time I was debating announcing another one the virus popped in and pretty much killed any possibility.

12. wristwatchb

No worries, Rich. My Bride is "a very patient woman," according to almost all of our friends. Well, her friends, but you know what I mean. Besides, she's met a few of these yahoos already, and the didn't hold back.

2019 30DC Meetup 1.jpeg

I still can't figure out why they all want to pick on me. I constantly strive for peace and of course, the occasional ice cream.

2019 30DC Meetup 2.jpeg

13. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Charlie, I'm lookin' at you and I see muhself. I know, I know, I keep saying that! But now that I have your attention, I might make a play soon for an Invecta watch. Do you have a comment about that brand? I see many of them have Mickey Mouse at the center, but I don't care for the Mick. I'll look for one at a decent price that doesn't have the animal.

14. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Sounds like you're very blessed Charlie. I mean she's probably a saint at this point. As for why people pick on you, clearly just because they are jealous.

15. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Alright. I'll do what I can. I'm working and that's my commute time, but... You never know....

16. wristwatchb

Thanks Rich. You don't know the half of it. Kathy gave me my three-month haircut today, and she only had to tell me to "be quiet" three times. I'm a work-in-progress. :D

I hope you are surviving the lock down OK. All good here. Kathy has a medical condition that requires us to take some extra precautions, so we have been very conservative in our trips outside the home.

17. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Well, if there is a meetup, then I plan on going in 2021.

18. Bama Samurai

We've done two in STL. And, yes!! You must come. It was the best. The thing I found most surprising was that the guys were exactly as i pictured from their TSD user personas. This is a really special place on the web. We are who we are. Everyone had a blast

And, of we ask nicely... @Keithmax even takes the jet from the alternate universe of the ROK.

@jluc even brought his bride... Which is both admirable and risky. @wristwatchb too.

Yes. We need another one when practical.

19. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

I have seen the pictures and everyone looked like they had a nice time. The ice cream parlor would be my favorite place to be. I am sure that it will be fun!

20. Bama Samurai

Bride cutting the hair?

You're a brave dude.

If I may be so bold. It was a blessing and treat to video call for an hour. K looked good and the haircut solid. The watch discussion was a joy.