Injector & SE Party !!!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Bird Lives, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

May 18,2020
    Enoch
    Feather Pro
    Shavemac LE DO1 2 Band
    Savonniere du Moulin
    Fine Italian Citrus

[​IMG]

Ron R, Jim99, LaneP and 8 others like this.
  2. 120inna55

120inna55 Well-Known Member

Barrister and Mann | Citricuyá
    Leo Frilot Krakoa | AP Shave Co. Gelousy SHD 28mm (A1)
    Ever-Ready SE | Gem PTFE

[​IMG]

Jayaruh, Ron R, Droo78 and 6 others like this.
  3. brit

brit in a box

absolutely fabulous..:)

clint64 and 120inna55 like this.
  4. 120inna55

120inna55 Well-Known Member

Thank you, sir. It was indeed a wonderful shave.

clint64 and brit like this.
  5. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Tue 19th May

RazoRock 400.SE-Plissoft noir
    P & B Pall Mall
    RazoRock Hawk V3-OC, HD handle
    Schick Proline [ 3 ]
    Massimo Dutti A/S Lotion

I am surprised at how quickly I have got quite familiar with the Hawk V3, I am probably lucky that I always Shave with a light touch asI imagine it might well bite if too heavy handed. Another Shave without any trouble,and a splendid close all round finish. I think One more Shave with Razor, and get back to my scheduled rotation.

IMG_0751.jpg

Last edited: May 19, 2020
    Jayaruh, Ron R, GAW9576 and 6 others like this.
  6. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

May 19, 2020
    Enoch
    Feather Pro
    Shavemac LE DO1 2 Band
    A&E Bad Habits
    Shave Soap & Aftershave
    Guerlain Habit Rouge EdT

[​IMG]

BigD, 120inna55, MPF9 and 6 others like this.
  7. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    sod200519.JPG
    Tabac Tuesday's Shave
    zcws.jpg

Cold Water Rinse
    Tabac Shave Soap
    Jayaruh #408 2-band Badger
    Schick G4
    Personna
    CWR
    Tabac ASB

The Tabac Shave Soap face-lathered well with my Jayaruh #408 Two-band Badger Brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Schick G4 with a Personna blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Tabac ASB. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

Last edited: May 20, 2020
    clint64, BigD, 120inna55 and 5 others like this.
  8. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

SOTD, Tue May 19th 2020

Razor: Oneblade Core version 2 > MFG 2018> Another great shave with #1 daily driver.
    Blade: Gem SS PTFE modified(9) great combination of blade and razor (put a .005 shim on blade to have a little fun!)
    Soap: Razorock Lavender- Great scent + Great lather qualities = [​IMG]
    Brush: Yaqi tuxedo knot 24mm "Sagrada Familia" Great brush to use named after a Cathedral in Barcelona Spain!
    Preshave: Brush wash my whole face with CeraVe hand bar soap + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
    Prep: cold water rinse after each pass of 3 + clean up.
    Post shave: Razorock blue barber aftershave with witch hazel + a tiny dollop of Nivea sensitive balm.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + one tiny blemish weeper= [​IMG]another excellent shave with O.B Core!

SOTD, Tue 19th 2020 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Last edited: May 19, 2020
    clint64, BigD, 120inna55 and 5 others like this.
  9. brit

brit in a box

fine shave and pic Ron,good morning..

clint64, Ron R and GAW9576 like this.
  10. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Thanks Gary, you have a great day & some great shaves!

clint64, GAW9576 and brit like this.
  11. Droo78

Droo78 Well-Known Member

Tuesday’s Shave

Schick Type L
    Personna Blade (2)
    Wild West Brushworks
    Lea Shaving Soap Stick
    Stirling Executive Man A/S

[​IMG]

clint64, LaneP, MPF9 and 6 others like this.
  12. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Gem heavy flat top aka G-bar, gem ptfe stainless blade, shave 5
    gb.jpg

It has been awhile since I've used one of these razors. Part of the reason was I didn't know how to use these flat top razors correctly. Even on this shave I still wanted to angle to the razor in a little instead of riding the cap flat on the middle portion. With that said the result was still excellent, better than most mild razors with an almost BBS finish but not as good as the later Gem Contour and Contour II razors for closest shave with the same degree of mildness to the shave. If I use this razor again tomorrow I'll try to ride the cap fully flat to compare.

clint64, Jim99, GAW9576 and 5 others like this.
  13. Droo78

Droo78 Well-Known Member

I meant to ask earlier how this shave worked out for you.

clint64, GAW9576 and brit like this.
  14. brit

brit in a box

Menthol Mayhem Monday
    Gillette /Valet Autostrop VC4
    Feather FHS-10
    DS Cosmetics tuxedo
    Stirling lemon chill

Good morning gents.First use this morning with the Gillette/Autostrop VC4.the last of the valet autostrop line.loaded the just arrived Feather fhs-10 blade .A little fiddly but followed instruction and pushed the blade back until it aligned with the pins,closed the side clasps and pulled the lever to lock it in place.Made sure everything was tight,inline and blade corners covered.
    Started with a proper goopy slick Stirling lather,folding in on itself and super shiny.
    First pass-started the north to south at the sideburn riding the cap as normal until i felt it cutting,there's the sound ,like buttering toast to quote a fellow member here.did the n/s pass all over .quite even stubble left like the first pass of a tech razor.so i am keeping the angle somewhat consistent.
    Second pass-lower neck start rh side as always for the south to north,easily finds it's angle when pulled upwards on the neck and followed to the sideburns with short light strokes on both sides,the usual,maintaining the angle on the cheeks.Buttering toast again..
    Plus pass-not much left to be honest,usual couple of spots on the left lower neck but they were gone in short order.Didn't get cocky or go overboard.
    result- an honest near bbs.very close shave.liberal splash of lemon chill aftershave ,nice burn then cold..I shaved a little high on rh cheek to get a stray so minor warmth there.No weepers or real issues.I did apply a little nivea balm for just in case as the lemon chill hides everything.
    Summary-this is a cool steampunk looking solid well balanced razor.it has the charm of a farm implement.It would be fiddly to remove the blade and store it so i will use it for 1 or 2 more shaves then bin the blade.I got 30 feathers locally for a good price so no $$ wasted,I really didn't know if this razor was a display piece or not.definitely usable and the second of my non de gillettes,the other being a late 60s twin injector model.I will try that one at a later date.Am i happy?,you bet.Will it replace my beloved de's? no .but it's a cool piece of history and will stay in my rotation.I like that the Feather blades just drop in,not interested in modifying stuff.Thank you all for tuning in and have a fabulous day..happy Mayhem..:)

clint64, Jim99, GAW9576 and 5 others like this.
  15. Droo78

Droo78 Well-Known Member

Great result, Gary. I’m glad it worked out like it did.

GAW9576 and brit like this.
  16. brit

brit in a box

thank you Andrew.was a great shave for a first attempt.:).will definitely keep using it.

clint64, GAW9576 and Droo78 like this.
  17. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Williams Wed 20th May

Simpson Chubby 1/ Maggards 2band
    Williams Mug soap
    RR S/S Hawk V3-OC, HD handle
    Schick Proline [ 4 ]
    Williams Aqua Velva A/S Lotion

I just have to try every new to me Razor with the Williams soap. Well it works very well , avery nice Shave with a super close all round finish. I have now completed 8 back to back shaves with this Razor and apart from one blip [ my fault ] all have been trouble free, which may give an indication of how good I think this Razor is. Just have to try it out with a cream before moving on.

IMG_0752.jpg

BigD, clint64, brit and 7 others like this.
  18. LaneP

LaneP Well-Known Member

Great review, one of my favorite SE razors. I LOL'd at "it has the charm of a farm implement" :)

clint64, brit, GAW9576 and 1 other person like this.
  19. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Williams Wednesday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Cold Water Rinse
    Williams Mug Soap
    Jayaruh #408 2-band Badger
    Schick G4
    Personna
    CWR
    Pharaoh's Dreamsicle AS

The Williams Mug Soap face-lathered well with my Jayaruh #408 Two-band Badger Brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Schick G4 with a Personna blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Pharaoh's Dreamsicle AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

Last edited: May 20, 2020
    BigD, clint64, brit and 7 others like this.
  20. Droo78

Droo78 Well-Known Member

Wednesday's Shave

Schick Injector Razor E2
    Personna Blade
    Jayaruh #314 Badger
    Williams Mug Shaving Soap
    Stetson Cooling Moisture A/S

[​IMG]

BigD, clint64, 120inna55 and 5 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.