Not another creation[emoji4]

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by twhite, Mar 13, 2020.

1. cliffb599

cliffb599 Well-Known Member

In like Flynn

Sent from my iPhoneXR using Tapatalk

twhite likes this.
  2. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Tabac Tuesday's Shave

[​IMG]

Cold Water Rinse
    Tabac Shave Soap
    Tom's B-400 Two-band Badger
    TNAC by Tom
    Gillette Silver Blue (3)
    CWR
    Tabac ASB

It was not until after the shave that I realized that I had been shaving with the beveled top cap. No problem, great shave.

The Tabac Shave Soap face-lathered well with my Tom's B-400 Two-band Badger Brush. I used the fancy top cap today. Two passes and touch ups with the TNAC by Tom with a Gillette Silver Blue blade (3) gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Tabac ASB. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

DaltonGang, Jim99 and twhite like this.
  3. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    @twhite , I have only had one little snag with the TNAC. The middle alignment bar is a bit too wide. I had to push my blade down on it for it to fit, andthe blade broke on one end. This happened the first time I loaded it. The other end is still intact, so I have continued to use it, third shave with it today. I am thinking about taking a file to it. What do you think. It may be just the Gillette Silver Blue. I have not tried another blade in it. Perhaps I will try some other blades. I don't have much else to do between shaves. HA!

4. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    Here is a side by side of the two top caps. So far, I find them to shave equally well. Or amazing.
    @twhite , I am planning on my final shave with the razor to be Friday. Who gets it next?
    IMG_2305.JPG

5. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

File away.

Jayaruh likes this.
  6. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Send it back to me please.

7. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    I tried a variety of blades and they were all very tight. So, I did some conservative filing on each head. They are still tight, but I don't think they will break a blade now. I will send TNAC back to you.

twhite likes this.
  8. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    I shaved with the round cap today. Excellent two-pass shave.

Jim99, jmudrick and DaltonGang like this.
  9. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    sod200514.JPG
    Thursday's Shave
    zcws.jpg

Cold Water Rinse
    Mitchell's Wool Fat Shave Soap
    Tom's B400 Two-band Badger
    TNAC by Tom
    Gillette Silver Blue
    CWR
    Aqua Velva Musk

The Mitchell's Wool Fat Shave Soap face-lathered well with my Tom's B400 Two-band Badger Brush. Two passes and touch ups with the TNAC by Tom with a Gillette Silver Blue blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Aqua Velva Musk AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

I had debated as to whether to do a second pass or not. I finally decided to go ahead and do ATG on the neck. This is one efficient razor. I also decided that for my final shave for Friday that I would go with the bevelled top and a fat stainless handle. Tom's handle was perfect, but just to mix things up a bit, I am going to use this short fat handle on the last shave. After Friday's shave, the TNAC will be heading home. Thanks again, Tom, for sharing this fine razor with us.

sod200515a.jpg

DaltonGang, Jim99 and twhite like this.
  10. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Ok. Coming down to the end here. Anybody else want “In like Flynn”

I will do the random drawing once I receive both razors back.

Thank you all for joining in on this.

Tom

The Flynn list

1) @Jayaruh
    2) @jimjo1031
    3) @Jim99
    4) @DaltonGang
    5) @cliffb599
    6)

This is for one of the pass around razors.

jimjo1031, DaltonGang and Jim99 like this.
  11. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Well I had my first shave with the razor last night. I used the curved cap. I must say it was a bit deceptive. It felt really smooth with some blade feel. After my first pass I noticed that I sliced off a very slight bump. Only blood. Feeling my face first pass. I was pleasantly surprised by how the reduction went. Second pass was even better. I could have stopped there. On to pass 3. BBS feeling. This morning I woke to smooth skin. Super nice shave. I think I may have to buy one. Oh yah this is mine.

I should be getting the other razor Saturday. If I do I will do the random draw Saturday night. So now is the time to get in.
    Thank you all who got in on this.

Tom

12. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

Nice review of the “? By Tom” by Tom himself!

Hey Tom, can I be in like Flynn twice?

Edison Carter and twhite like this.
  13. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    Yeah, Tom, if there are any bumps before you shave, there won't be any after. I experienced that, too.

Edison Carter and twhite like this.
  14. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Ok guys I received the second razor. So I will do the random draw right after this post. How you entered is your number. Be back in a few minutes with the winner.
    Final list
    1) @Jayaruh
    2) @jimjo1031
    3) @Jim99
    4) @DaltonGang
    5) @cliffb599

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Jim99 likes this.
  15. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Ok the winner
    [​IMG]

@Jim99 send me your addy I will get it out tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

16. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    Dang! Missed by 2. Congrats, @Jim99.
    [​IMG]

17. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Chances were it would be a Jim. Congrats @Jim99.

Jim99 likes this.
  18. cliffb599

cliffb599 Well-Known Member

Congrats @Jim99

Sent from my iPhoneXR using Tapatalk

Jim99 likes this.
  19. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

Wait! What? I won? I’m speechless!

Tom, I am honored to have won the “? By Tom”. It’s such a fantastic razor and it’s coming from the head designer, engineer, production manager, shop foreman and finance guy himself! Unbelievable!

I’ll treasure this razor always and it will be a permanent keeper in my den. I will post my shaves with it in the SOTD thread just to share my enjoyment with everyone here.

To think... you built it, shared it and now you’re giving it away. Tom, you’re a great man! Thank you!

Edison Carter and jimjo1031 like this.
  20. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

There sure are a lot of Jims around here.

jimjo1031 likes this.