Vintage straight razor prices/history

Discussion in 'Straight Razors' started by BullRush, May 22, 2020.

1. BullRush

BullRush New Member

Hello, folks, I would like to know if there's a "blue book" of sorts for vintage SR. From my research, it seems SR prices are all over the place. Is this a common trait of the market? Furthermore, I have a few restored vintage SR a couple friends would like to purchase & I don't want to gouge them. Would like to know how to set a fair price.

Edison Carter and Karl G like this.
  2. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

It all depends on many things. Plus, it is subject to change. If you stick around long enough, you will get a feel for what certain razors go for.

3. DaltonGang

Check past ebay sales for those razors, in the conditions yours are in.

Karl G likes this.
  4. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    :signs011:

Steve56 and lightcs1776 like this.
  5. CastleShave

CastleShave Well-Known Member

Post pics we can help you better that way. Some are worth pocket change and others can have great value. Depends on what you have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edison Carter likes this.
  6. DrStrange

DrStrange Well-Known Member

Yes, it is a common trait of the market.

Steve56 likes this.
  7. Suhrim21

Suhrim21 Well-Known Member

I have the standard guide to razors identification and prices. I will say straight up it is worthless. The "prices" are not even close to the real world. A lot of great companies are not even included. And for companies that are the book typically only shows the base model and says prices go up based on engraving and fancy scales. If anyone wants it just pay shipping and I'll send it out. Right now the thing is a mouse pad it is that useless.

8. DaltonGang

I have the book too. Worthless, except for a little light reading inside. For modern prices of razors, do an advanced search, on ebay, for that specific razor, and see what they have sold for, recently.

Suhrim21 likes this.
  9. Suhrim21

Suhrim21 Well-Known Member

I completely agree. Just use ebay. Look for what the razor you are looking at has sold for.