Not another creation[emoji4]

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by twhite, Mar 13, 2020.

1. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    That is for sure --- League of Jims

jimjo1031 and Jim99 like this.
  2. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

Jim99 likes this.
  3. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Just released from Sing-Sing, my the world has changed. If one of them razors is still being passed I'd like back in.

Sent from my LG-US998 using Tapatalk

Edison Carter and twhite like this.
  4. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Jeff. I will send you mine to try out.

Jayaruh and Jim99 like this.
  5. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Thanks Tom

Edison Carter likes this.
  6. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Tom's razor arrived today. I'm so psyched. I can pretty much tell by the geometry it's got my name written on it. Will have some fun with caps and handles.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 26, 2020
  7. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Well, a couple of surprises with the T-NAC?.

First, although generally not a fan of long handles, Tom's worked fine here. I actually prefer it to the shorter mystery handle in my earlier photo.

I started with the rounded cap. Less aggressive feel than I expected but nicely efficient, no problem finding the angle on the two passes I do on my neck (girlfriend break-up beard since February). Very easy one pass ATG head shave, very respectable in efficiency given the relatively mild feel.

I could have stopped there or moved on to finish up with the Enders or Leaf which is my usual practice with most DEs, , but decided to switch caps instead. Huge smile . All that cap span certainly does liven things up, a beautiful noise. I had a great time doing a second lathered ATG pass, and while I wouldn't say it was quite as efficient as my Enders it was close enough, any lack of rigidity wasn't a problem at this juncture.

As photos show a clamp distance that could be improved upon I figure a shim or two to improve rigidity could be fun and I look forward to trying that out

BIC blade. Homemade soap. [​IMG]

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Last edited: May 27, 2020
    Jayaruh, Jim99 and twhite like this.
  8. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Aggressive cap, two bottom shims, another 1940s (?) mystery aluminum handle.

Shims do not make this any more aggressive, just smoother. A few minor pick-ups with the Enders but a really good shave here. Still a little tug on the back of my head which is not uncommon with really light DEs, user adjustment easily done with a firmer grip.[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Edison Carter, Jayaruh and twhite like this.
  9. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

This morning shave I swapped the cap for a Clix cap, thinner than Tom's, but same tab covering length. Angle I think is modified very slightly in a more aggressive posture. Felt very good, good efficiency. For pick-ups I added the two shims. Super shave if not as much fun as the aggressive cap with all its feedback.

Pics show Tom's plate vs the Clix and Barbasol plates and the original Conrad patent for the inset plate/covered tabs.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Edison Carter likes this.
  10. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Jeff

You are the MAD SHAVER! Crazy combos. I like.

Edison Carter and jmudrick like this.
  11. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

The Clix and T-NAC caps.
    [​IMG]

Jayaruh, Edison Carter and twhite like this.
  12. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Hello Betty. Tom's baseplate with my current favorite shave enhancement tool, the Prismatic cap. Exposure without compromising rigidity equals stupid good times.[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 22, 2020
    Edison Carter and twhite like this.