June 2020 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by NCoxSTL, May 31, 2020.

?

Your plan for June?

1. I'm gonna rock a RULE!

2 vote(s)
    7.4%
  2. Basic razors are my plan. Keep it simple, keep it real.

8 vote(s)
    29.6%
  3. Basic aftershaves and shave cream soap. Keep it simple, keep it real.

5 vote(s)
    18.5%
  4. Basic everything! Keep it simple, keep it real.

7 vote(s)
    25.9%
  5. I'm just waiting for more cookies. Keep it simple, keep it sweet!

8 vote(s)
    29.6%
  6. I'm just waiting for more ice cream. Keep it simple, keep it cold!

8 vote(s)
    29.6%
  7. I'm going to shave. With some gear. Just keeping on like I always do.

16 vote(s)
    59.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Great looking shave Patrick. With my luck, my wife would have woken up mid shave.

jtspartan, Trigger, brit and 4 others like this.
  2. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Beautiful photo Jim.

Trigger, brit, jgreenepa and 2 others like this.
  3. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Thanks, Clint!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

4. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Thank you. Clint. I hope you are doing well.

Trigger, jgreenepa, jluc and 2 others like this.
  5. jgreenepa

jgreenepa Nasal Barbarian

A1EB8BD7-C6A6-4CEA-A754-02D6EE87E18E.jpeg
    SOTD TUESDAY, JUNE 2, 2020

Many of my friends at TSD have focused on basic shaves for June. In that spirit I’ve decided to join the party. One of the most basic razors I own is my Turkish Yuma. Total outlay was around $4. It’s a very basic die cast Zamac DE with about the crudest galvanized finish one could apply. There’s an argument out there over whether they originate in Turkey or China?

Frankly, I don’t give a hoot! This crude-looking little thing is one heck of a shaver! It’s incredibly light, and light safety razors have usually been a problem for shaky old me. Not the Yuma! When loaded with a fresh Feather blade and held by the very tip of handle, it shaves like a dream! I rest the blade on the shave surface and lightly drag it across the shave surface, and the Yuma’s generous sweet spot in combination with the incredibly sharp Feather DE does the trick. I last used it a few months ago, and had forgotten its magic!

In keeping with the basic theme, we’re talking about a $10 shave - $4 for the razor and approximately $6 for the AS Splash. I received the the Infinity Kent Synthetic brush and Arko as part of my TSD Secret Santa. The problem with this danged kit is the quality of the shave it delivered. After my shower and cold water rinse, I applied the Arko to mug and noggin.

That little Kent brush generated a thick, shiny and slick, yogurty lather blanket during the face and head lathering process. And boy did it feel good! Note to self, spend more time face and dome lathering. Madame Yuma loves to sing the buttering toast song as she cuts. It took three traditional passes (WTG, XTG, ATG) but she put me on the slow train to VBBS land. Two very minor weeps around my Adam’s Apple which disappeared following my cold water Glyce Glycerin soap wash. I feel clean, velveteen smooth and refreshed!

RAZOR: Yuma Safety Razor
    BLADE: Feather DE
    PREP: Cold water rinse
    BRUSH: Kent Infinity Synthetic
    SOAP: Arko
    POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with Glyce Glycerin soap followed by Old Spice Original AS Splash.

6. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

Great picture, Jeff!

brit, Trigger, jgreenepa and 2 others like this.
  7. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

I am doing fair Charlie. I hope to feel better as the day goes along.

wristwatchb, brit, Trigger and 3 others like this.
  8. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Wonderful basic shave and recap Jeff. Love the photo.

brit, Trigger, jgreenepa and 2 others like this.
  9. Angelo85

Angelo85 Well-Known Member

Just The Basics June 2nd
    Brush: PAA Peregrino
    Razor: Gillette Parat
    Blade: Sputnik
    Shave stick: Palmolive
    Aftershave: Skin Bracer 7C3A4249-9911-495F-B4D0-E93E51CE3D92.jpeg

10. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Was very happy with my shave this morning. Just like the shaver in that video I saw, I got a good load of soap on my brush with very little available. That was from my PIFed Bill Neumann Heartwood. That really surprised me in a good way. Great spread work from the Jayaruh #59 brush. 2 solid passes, no nicks/cuts. I can see myself using this soap for maybe 3 more shaves. The Stoylin Unscented A.S. was a good finisher for this soap, as I wanted to bring out the soap's scent. Very smooth face and neck. @Top of The World Excellent.

11. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

June 2, 2020
    Rex Ambassador
    Gillette 7 O’clock Black
    Mr. EE #4 with 2 Band SHD
    Mike’s Orange, Cedarwood & Black Pepper
    A&E L'Orange Verte Aftershave

[​IMG]

Moving slow and feeling a little rough this morning. I think I managed to tear some scar tissue in my abdomen late yesterday. At least I think and hope that is what happened. Since I was in a lot of pain, I didn't sleep well. Still not moving to good today so I will try to work from home. Having a shower and shave always seems to make me feel better so in that spirit I went for it. Mike's shave soaps work wonderful for me and deliver scents and performance well above its price. The orange citrus scent takes center stage while being grounded with a spicy woodsy note. Three slow passes had the baby in range. So I carefully buffed my lower right neck ending in a drama free BBS shave. I had intended to use Fine Italian Citrus today but the L'Orange Verte was there on the counter. Mike's OCBP and L'Orange Verte make a great pairing. I hope everyone has a great Tuesday.

12. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Great looking shave Angelo. :happy088:

brit, Trigger, jgreenepa and 3 others like this.
  13. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

June 2, 2020

OneBlade Genesis V1
    Wizamet Super Iridium
    Dorian Crafts Galaxy Two Band
    Stirling Soap Co. Margaritas In The Arctic
    Stirling MITA Witch Hazel & Aloe
    Stirling Island Man Aftershave

[​IMG]

14. Norcalnewb

B340FC77-63E3-4E97-BDF3-10EF96DA6BF1.jpeg

June 2 SOTD:

Razor: Razorock SS Lupo
    Blade: Polsilver
    Brush: PAA Peregrino
    Lather: Williams (Vintage)
    Aftershave: B&M Arctique

I am still struggling to keep up with the thread, as I still try to get back into some sort of routine. I am actually on my way up to St. Louis today, so I am in the Dallas Lovefield airport waiting on a connection.

This morning, I used Vintage Williams, courtesy of @twhite. This is actually the exact same set up I used yesterday, but didn't get to post, so two days in a row. I am amazed at how different vintage Williams is from the current version. It produces such a nice lather. I am a face latherer, so this may not be as impressive as some lather shots, but still shows a nice, slick, and stable lather.

23785E89-5B4F-43E1-9DC9-98361A6C1001.jpeg

It was two passes and a DFS. After a little chilly blast of some Arctique, my shave was complete and I was off the airport. I hope everyone has a great day, and thank you again Tom for your generosity!

Attached Files:

15. Norcalnewb

Nice shave, Paul!

16. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

Hahaha. Thanks Tim!
    Thanks Clint! Thats usually my luck too.

Trigger, brit, jgreenepa and 3 others like this.
  17. Norcalnewb

Beautiful picture, Clint! I hope the pain goes away and the injury is nothing serious.

18. Norcalnewb

Wonderful picture, Mark!

19. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

And nice looking steel it is Keith!!
    Veddy nice Jim!!

Trigger, brit, jgreenepa and 3 others like this.
  20. b1hart

b1hart Speed Racer

june022020.jpg
    June 2nd:

Castle Forbes Shave Cream & After Shave Balm - 1445
    Zenith Synthetic
    Toyo 777 - 'T. THE SCHEÖN BURG'
    paco rabanne EdT

Awesome 3 pass shave today.....this unassuming Zenith synthetic paired w/Castle Forbes SC bowl lathered into an overflowing yogurty mess. Incredible face feel upon application, a top cream for sure. The Toyo 777 made easy work of 24 hours' growth, BBS result with a minor weeper, no distraction at all. Followed with the matching CF 1445 after shave balm, a light non-greasy cream, light fragrance. Finished with an 'Oh Yeah...' wifey approved EdT, paco rabanne.

Hope everyone has a Terrific Tuesday!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.