"Schick Show"

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by brit, Oct 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brit

brit in a box

awesome collection Karl..

Karl G likes this.
  2. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Now that is some injector razor EYE candy, thanks for sharing.
    Second injector to the left is a chromed handle, I have never seen one before, very rare one indeed. (worth showing that one off , thanks again for sharing your collection.)

Edison Carter and brit like this.
  3. Rusty blade

Rusty blade The Good Humor Man

Picked this up some time ago.
    Schick repeater.jpg

4. brit

brit in a box

5. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

Thanks!

The second razor from the left is the G-2. It was only sold as a Christmas special in 1946 and was a heavy 14K gold-filled handle. The one to it’s right is the G-3 and was only sold as a Christmas special in 1947 and is much lighter and brighter. It is a 24K gold plated handle.

The razors now belong to another TSD denizen who bought the collection from me some years ago - although I haven’t seen them appear in any postings since then. :(

Last edited: May 16, 2020
  6. James Kleinkauf

James Kleinkauf Well-Known Member

NEW SCORE

s-l1600 (11).jpg

Cased Canadian Schick Type E Injector Razor

7. jgreenepa

jgreenepa Nasal Barbarian

Gorgeous collection, Karl! Any recommendations for final stage restoration on a Type F? I’ve already used Mother’s Aluminum Polish on the handle, but haven’t power buffed it with a cotton wheel yet. I’ll probably power buff the brass head with jewelers rouge.

Edison Carter, Karl G and brit like this.
  8. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Sunday Schick shave, This Canadian version is a Hybrid G type because some folks don't believe that the Schick Niagara Falls plant in Ont Canada did not produce G types(I believe they did just to keep the plant going because it was slated to close possibly & they got creative). We know they produced E types and these Hybrid G types I guess(black handle with the Eversharp pivot washer assembly).
    It produced a great shave and that is the most important part for me. Learning the history is another great hobby aspect if you have access to large library, I live in the sticks in Northern Alberta and our nice little library I don't think has the data base access.
    Razor: Schick injector Canadian version hybrid G type- Mfg in Canada 1930's-40's
    Blade : Personna SS PTFE (9) - very nice blade later in its life cycle, very smooth and sharp.
    Soap : Proraso Green- nice to use it once in a while with a little menthol and eucalyptus scent.
    Brush: Rasorock noir 400- very nice brush, it feels to me like a worn in boar brush with no scritch.
    Pre shave: brush wash my whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
    Prep: cold water rinse after each pass of 3 + clean up.
    Post shave: Proraso Green with witch Hazel + a tiny dollop of Nivea balm to add some moisture back.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers= [​IMG] excellent shave with my Canadian hybrid G injector!?

Schick Sunday Shave ,Sun, May17th 2020 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Jim99, Karl G, Edison Carter and 3 others like this.
  9. brit

brit in a box

fine shave and pic Ron,good morning..

Karl G and Ron R like this.
  10. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Thanks Gary, you have a great day and some great shaves!

Karl G and brit like this.
  11. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

I’ve always used Simichrome on my F razors - both the handle and the head. Nothing more than a cloth and Q-tips. If I had the means to power buff I probably would. On the other hand, Simichrome and elbow grease have worked for me. :happy088:

Bird Lives and Edison Carter like this.
  12. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Sunday Schick shave, May 24th 2020

Razor: Schick i2 injector hydro magic- Mfg 1954-57 Nice feature the Hydro magic that I do use!
    Blade : Personna SS PTFE injector (3) I like this blade.
    Soap: Proraso red Sandal wood
    Brush: Razorock Noir 400, Good brush to lather with & will splay with a good scrub.
    Pre-shave: Brush wash my whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
    Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2. 2 passes is all what was needed after very close shave yesterday!
    Post shave: Proraso red sandal wood aftershave with witch Hazel + a small dollop of Nivea sensitive balm.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = [​IMG] Great shave with my i2 Schick injector.

Sunday shave May 24th 2020 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Droo78, Karl G, Edison Carter and 3 others like this.
  13. brit

brit in a box

cool schick shave and pic Ron.happy sunday..

Ron R and Karl G like this.
  14. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Thanks Gary.

brit likes this.
  15. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Sunday Schick Shave, May 31st 2020

Razor: Schick Champion injector L type theme series- Mfg 1976 for Montreal Olympics, Schick was a sponsor also.
    Blade: Personna injector SS PTFE (4) great blade with longevity, Sharpness and smooths out during it's life cycle.
    Soap: Tabac- light floral scent with excellent lather qualities IMO.
    Brush: Razorock Noir 400 Plissoft 24mm - great brush, closest thing to a worn in boar brush IMO with soft tips.
    Pre-shave: Brush wash my whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser +a small dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard.
    Prep: cold water rinse after each pass of 3 + pickups.
    Post shave: Nivea refreshing aftershave + a small dollop of Nivea sensitive skin balm. [​IMG]
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + minor irritation + 2 weepers=[​IMG]great shave with my Schick Champion L type injector.

Sunday Schick shave, May31st 2020 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Droo78, brit, Jim99 and 1 other person like this.
  16. brit

brit in a box

cool schick Ron,have a great day,and some great shaves..:)

Droo78 likes this.
  17. miciam

miciam Member

Six weeks later.....it finally showed up. Schick Type B2 Magazine Repeating Razor.
    [​IMG]

Hodge, Ron R, Edison Carter and 3 others like this.
  18. Droo78

Droo78 Well-Known Member

Very nice! I’d say that one was worth the wait.

brit and miciam like this.
  19. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Sunday Schick shave, June 7th 2020, I was reading a thread were one of the fellows when using a DE adjustable razor starts off at a low setting and then graduates up the dial. Well I have been using his method for some time and today for the first time tried it on my Schick injector M3. His thought was as the stubble gets smaller is harder to cut off so by increasing blade exposure you give the blade a better response to hitting the stubble. No science, just good old opinionated shaving theories. [​IMG]

Razor: Schick adjustable injector Model or M3- Mfg 1970-72, Dialed up 3,4,5,after each pass, excellent shave.
    Blade: Personna SS PTFE (10)Excellent blade- I just like to use Personna blades in my single edge razors.
    Soap : Nivea cream original - I use it with other soaps sometimes in my mixing bowl, nice scent, ok lather qualities.
    Brush: Yaqi brown whiskers 26mm (Mew)- very enjoyable brush to use.
    Pre-shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a small dollop of Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
    Prep: cold water after each pass of 3 + any pickups.
    Post shave: Nivea refreshing aftershave + witch Hazel + Nivea sensitive balm. Great products IMO.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=[​IMG] excellent shave with my Schick injector adjustable M3.

Sunday shave, June 7th 2020 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Jim99, Edison Carter, brit and 2 others like this.
  20. Ijustmissedthe50s

Ijustmissedthe50s The Warnee

20200611_192906_copy_600x800.jpg
    I just felt like a :touch up" shave today, and my Schick ("Krona") with the long, metal twist knob was a perfect choice. I love this razor.

Edison Carter, Jim99, Droo78 and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.