June 2020 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by NCoxSTL, May 31, 2020.

?

Your plan for June?

1. I'm gonna rock a RULE!

2 vote(s)
    7.4%
  2. Basic razors are my plan. Keep it simple, keep it real.

8 vote(s)
    29.6%
  3. Basic aftershaves and shave cream soap. Keep it simple, keep it real.

5 vote(s)
    18.5%
  4. Basic everything! Keep it simple, keep it real.

7 vote(s)
    25.9%
  5. I'm just waiting for more cookies. Keep it simple, keep it sweet!

8 vote(s)
    29.6%
  6. I'm just waiting for more ice cream. Keep it simple, keep it cold!

8 vote(s)
    29.6%
  7. I'm going to shave. With some gear. Just keeping on like I always do.

16 vote(s)
    59.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    :happy088:

Norcalnewb, brit, jgreenepa and 3 others like this.
  2. Angelo85

Angelo85 Well-Known Member

Just The Basics June 3rd
    Brush: Fine Stout
    Razor: King C Gillette
    Blade: Rainbow
    Soap: Cella
    Aftershave: PAA Chella Cool B6A16A35-FCA5-420F-8A01-6D292B74B0D2.jpeg

9nein9, Keithmax, Norcalnewb and 12 others like this.
  3. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Looking good, Angelo!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Norcalnewb, brit, jgreenepa and 3 others like this.
  4. b1hart

b1hart Speed Racer

Awesome report Neal! Enjoy the AC, sounds like a nice hump day!

That razor :drool: Great artwork etching on the blade! Superb setup Keith.

Pretty Jim! So classic with the setup and photography.

Glad you are doing better Clint! My daughters soccer coach has a case similar to yours it seems. Sounds like no fun at all at times. Awesome image of the RA & Stuga! Love the reflections happening on the oblique edges. Cool.

5. b1hart

b1hart Speed Racer

Very nice Angelo! How is the PAA Cella Cool? I’m a big fan of Cella’s aroma. Just wondered how the PAA after shave sauce compares to Cella’s AS.

Norcalnewb, brit, jgreenepa and 6 others like this.
  6. Angelo85

Angelo85 Well-Known Member

It smells just like the shave soap. One word of caution: there can be a very strong burning sensation that lasts 20-30 seconds after application. After that the aftershave cools you down and you smell like Cella shave soap.

Keithmax, Norcalnewb, brit and 5 others like this.
  7. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Thank you Jim . At the start of the week, I would make the first pass at 6 and then dial it down to 3. For buffing and touch ups, I went down to 1. Now I have pretty much settled on 4 or 4.5 for everything.

Keithmax, Norcalnewb, brit and 5 others like this.
  8. jgreenepa

jgreenepa Nasal Barbarian

FDDF69FD-D395-4E71-8F72-2B6D8CA94757.jpeg
    D532D90A-DEC0-4859-AF2A-928AA94324F9.jpeg
    SOTD WEDNESDAY, JUNE 3, 2020

Today I broke out a well-used PAA Preshave Soap bar, it used to be a cube, but those days are long past. I decided to shave with the well-worn Schick Type C I own. I placed a Schick B-20 Proline in the cassette and loaded the razor. Since it’s Wool Fat Wednesday, and SWMBO would be working from home I added my 6 drops of M-Bomb, grabbed my Viking Silvertip Badger and made sure it would be a scent-free morning by selecting Fine Accoutrements Snake Bite AS Splash. Before my discovery of Nancy Boy Shave cream, I was a committed MWF true fan. In fact, I’d spent months in the past shaving with nothing but MWF going back to my Schick Krona days. I own other soaps, but have never found a lathering product in the same class until Nancy Boy. Both these soaps when used consistently deliver incredible post shave feel. But back to the shave.

The Type C because of it’s handle-heavy design, can tend to promote pressure during the shave, which we all know leads to blood-letting. As a result, I don’t end to use my Type B for the same reason. Parkinson’s and pressure don’t play well together. After the first two nicks on my right cheek, I put this historical classic down, and grabbed my Fatip Piccolo. Although it’s a short-handled razor, at 70 grams has the right heft and weight in hand to do the job nicely. The problem I face as a collector-user is that there are too many great-shaving razors out there. The Fatip Piccolo’s knurled piping make it easy to grip. It’s a highly efficient shaver, and the OC design is a real plus. The razor has a relatively wide sweet spot, great balance and really delivers the goods.

The last time I nicked myself this badly was back during May Mayhem with the French Spadson, the only truly obsessively aggressive safety razor in my collection. After the styptic pencil put things to right, I continued my shave with the Piccolo for the first pass (WTG). What a splendid little shaver, and the new Nacet I loaded made quick work of the overnight stubble mowing things right down to the skin line. It was a particular joy to use on my noggin. There’s something about OC dome shaves that just works well. Despite the initial rocky start, this shave was uphill all the way. The second pass (ATG), really only consisted of some selective buffing. That little Piccolo piped a delightful buttering toast song throughout the shave and delivered me directly to VBBS land despite the initial mishap. I feel clean, slightly wounded, but otherwise cool, velveteen smooth and refreshed.

RAZOR: Schick Type C followed by Fatip Piccolo
    BLADE: Schick B-20 Proline followed by Nacet
    PREP: Cold water rinse and PAA Preshave Cube Soap
    BRUSH: Viking Silvertip Badger
    SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat cooled w/ 6 drops of M-Bomb
    POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by Thayers Lavender WH and Fine Accoutrements Snake Bite AS Splash.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2020
    9nein9, Keithmax, Norcalnewb and 9 others like this.
  9. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

June 3, 2020

Wolfman WR2-OC 1.05 with WRH7
    Wizamet Super Iridium
    Paladin Ebonite Moe
    Stirling Soap Co. Glacial Obsidian Soap, Witch Hazel & Aloe
    Barrister and Mann Arctique

[​IMG]

9nein9, Keithmax, Norcalnewb and 9 others like this.
  10. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Great shave and photo Angelo

Norcalnewb, brit, jluc and 3 others like this.
  11. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

@clint64 -glad you're doing better.

12. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Thank you Blair. These flare ups and pain used to me almost constant but with the doctor's help it only happens several times a year. I just got lucky on the photo

13. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Thank you Joseph and Paul.

14. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Great recap and photo Jeff. Wise choice making an equipment change mid shave

Norcalnewb, brit, jluc and 2 others like this.
  15. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Wow. The Moe is gorgeous. I had forgotten you got the Moe in Ebonite

Norcalnewb, brit, jluc and 1 other person like this.
  16. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

Todays very rushed head and face shave ...on the cheap. First blade was a dud but the 2nd was a good one. I'm off to the roof !!! 20200603_103343.jpg

17. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Excellent shave. Beautiful razor.

18. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Good luck with the roof Patrick

9nein9, Norcalnewb, brit and 3 others like this.
  19. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Not the best of shaves for me this morning, but it could have been worse. Another wet start for the first pass that dried up for the second, which allowed the soap(Jeeves Bay Rum)to look stronger. Two weepers and a cut-though all appeared well-controlled by the time I got the aftershave(Stephan Bay Rum)on. I did an additional pass this morning, totaling 3. The brush was still heavily loaded thus I thought, 'I can't waste all THIS'. When I got the weepers and cut, I immediately thought of the Bill Neumann soap, as BN users know, his soaps and aftershaves help to PREVENT irritation leading to hard-to-deal-with cuts and weeps. Anyway, I felt good doing the third pass-although by then there wasn't much astroturf to get. Pretty Excellent for this one.

9nein9, Keithmax, Norcalnewb and 8 others like this.
  20. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

37D06250-D120-406E-9135-075BEA1F1087.jpeg D50C9070-9626-4BA9-BFA2-9EC103AA9B7D.jpeg

Gemini Shave Month (Twin shaves-same set up two days in a row).

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: Drew Dick 7/8” Half Hollow Damascus
    Brush: Sawdust Creation Studio Old Cahaba
    Lather: Cella Crema da Barba
    Aftershave: PAA Chella Cool
    Additional Care:
    Barbero Alum Block
    Stirling Tea Tree Witch Hazel
    Stirling Unscented Glacial Balm
    Basic shaving soap although it does not perform like one. Fantastic shave, clean and close without an issues. I decided to bust out my other DD For the next two shaves. I was not disappointed as this razor matched the performance of the other DD in the den that was featured in my past two shaves.

So now I am off to stare at a computer for several hours to review various distance learning assignments. Fortunately, the end is in sight.

9nein9, Keithmax, Norcalnewb and 10 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.