June 2020 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by NCoxSTL, May 31, 2020.

?

Your plan for June?

1. I'm gonna rock a RULE!

2 vote(s)
    7.4%
  2. Basic razors are my plan. Keep it simple, keep it real.

8 vote(s)
    29.6%
  3. Basic aftershaves and shave cream soap. Keep it simple, keep it real.

5 vote(s)
    18.5%
  4. Basic everything! Keep it simple, keep it real.

7 vote(s)
    25.9%
  5. I'm just waiting for more cookies. Keep it simple, keep it sweet!

8 vote(s)
    29.6%
  6. I'm just waiting for more ice cream. Keep it simple, keep it cold!

8 vote(s)
    29.6%
  7. I'm going to shave. With some gear. Just keeping on like I always do.

16 vote(s)
    59.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brit

brit in a box

fine set up and pic Jeff..

2. brit

brit in a box

awesome shave and pic Joseph,good morning..

3. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Very nice Williams Wednesday shave Andrew.

Norcalnewb, jgreenepa, jluc and 3 others like this.
  4. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Jun 3 SOTD

Straight Razor Shave # 174

Max Sprecher 10/8 Half Hollow Barber's Notch
    Omega Pro 49 Boar Brush
    Stirling SS and AS

The Omega Pro 49 is really a great brush. It whipped the Stirling Satsuma soap into a nice face lather. This scent is marvelous and stays while you are shaving. If you like citrus scents, then I would suggest you get it. Ok, enough of the soap commercial. This is my second shave with the Mad Max and it was much better than my first try with it. I decided to test it out with a heavier 40+ hr stubble to really see how she performs. 2.5 passes with some touchups gave me an IBSS+ shave. Didn't cut myself and did not get any irritation. Doing a fool's pass with this razor is very easy because I use the notch to steady the razor as I am shaving the stache going S-N. It takes me longer to use this razor, but I attribute it to the learning process. The spine is very thick so I have to remember tip the razor more than usual to get the right angle. However, she shaves like a dream! In some ways, it is easier to shave in comparison to my smaller razors because there's not much play. I can definitely see that I am more comfortable using this razor as compared to the first shave. Applied a double dose of this fantastic aftershave and I am smiling with the results. I am not going to shave tomorrow because I want to use this razor on the aptly name Favorite Friday shave. I am sorry that I using this razor all week, but I want really to get comfortable using it. Can you blame me? Lol! Have a great day guys! 20200602_195042.jpg

Last edited: Jun 3, 2020
    9nein9, Keithmax, Norcalnewb and 9 others like this.
  5. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Thank you Gary

Norcalnewb, jgreenepa, jluc and 2 others like this.
  6. Droo78

Droo78 Well-Known Member

Thank you, Clint! It was a fine shave today.

7. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Great looking shave Bill. The Focus is just such a good looking razor. The Italian sense of design is evident.

Lovely shave Jason. I hope you're having a good week

Gorgeous photo and lineup Blair.

I still can't get over how good the razor looks Joe. I am so happy you were able to get it.

Norcalnewb, b1hart, jgreenepa and 5 others like this.
  8. brit

brit in a box

20200602_132840_edited_edited_edited.jpg
    wednesday brit shave
    1939 brit #15 aristocrat
    7 oclock blue
    simpson chubby 2 sunspot orange synthetic
    simpson unscented cream
    burberry brit

good morning gents,pulled out the oc 'crat,locked and loaded.first go with the simpson sunspot orange synthetic..wow ,big brush.they sent a tin of their unscented cream complimentary.very impressed and was worth the wait..fabulous lather.bbs in 2+ smooth passes.touch of twisted thayers and burberry edt to finish,awesome..have a fine day everyone..

9nein9, Keithmax, Norcalnewb and 9 others like this.
  9. Droo78

Droo78 Well-Known Member

Great shave report, Joe!

10. Droo78

Droo78 Well-Known Member

Great shave, Gary! Again, it looks like you and the meteorologists coordinated the shave setup today.

11. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

The brush looks fantastic Gary. Congrats. Oh, your soap inventory will begin to disappear faster now. ;)

12. Trigger

Thank you Clint! It's only my second shave with the Mad Max , but I really am proud to own it and that I also enjoy shaving with it.

13. Trigger

Great shave and again congrats on that gorgeous brush Gary! Have a great day!

14. Trigger

Thanks Andrew!

Norcalnewb, jgreenepa, Droo78 and 3 others like this.
  15. brit

brit in a box

awesome shave and pic Joe,glad to hear your razor works as good as it looks..fabulous..

16. brit

brit in a box

thank you Joe,good morning..

17. Trigger

Thanks Gary! It is fun to use. However, it is definitely a challenge to use it on my small face. Lol!

18. jtspartan

jtspartan appropriately stimulated, via Netflix

Love the scales and blade lettering on that Huntsman, Keith. Such an original, classy looking shaver. I've checked out those loose Thater knots on Bullgoose. Shockingly, I can get a custom Shavemac Silvertip of the same size cheaper...
    Lovely shot, Jim. "I struggled with a dissipitating lather"? Must be Williams Wednesday on here...:)
    Glad to hear you are feeling better today, Clint. The TOBS cream and the Aussie brush on the same day? Swati must be beaming.
    What are your thoughts on the new Gillette razor, Angelo?
    Very informative write up, Jeff. Interesting that you say collector-user. Are there any shavers that you don't actually use and keep only for display?
    Love what you did with the handle/soap label combo, Mark. Very nice.
    I'd say be careful on the roof, Patrick, but you showed the pic of your excellent scaffolding yesterday. You are way safer than I usually am with that sort of stuff. I have to redo some fascia boards on the roofline later this summer and I am dreading being that high up (3 stories). I don't have a fear of heights, but I do have a healthy fear of falling.:happy088:
    Love that big 'smiler', Joe. Such an awesome looking razor.
    Love the pic, lather shot and results, Joseph. I'm not a super gooper (usually use a much drier brush and add water while face lathering), but that looks fantastic.
    Williams, AV, plastic GEM and an Omega boar? You win the basic 'contest', Andrew...
    Interesting notes on that razor, Bill. In general, I've always believed that beard mapping or charting is paramount to truly good results.
    Very nice pic, Blair. The scales and the handle look great together. Off to find out what Olibanum is...
    All week? I wouldn't blame you if you used that razor everyday for a year, Joe.
    That razor! That brush! Forget about the basics, no question. Have a great day, sir.

9nein9, Keithmax, Norcalnewb and 10 others like this.
  19. brit

brit in a box

thank you Clint.soaps disappearing is a good thing .even with daily use they don't seem to diminish much..:)

20. brit

brit in a box

new learning curve..:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.