June 2020 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by NCoxSTL, May 31, 2020.

?

Your plan for June?

1. I'm gonna rock a RULE!

2 vote(s)
    7.4%
  2. Basic razors are my plan. Keep it simple, keep it real.

8 vote(s)
    29.6%
  3. Basic aftershaves and shave cream soap. Keep it simple, keep it real.

5 vote(s)
    18.5%
  4. Basic everything! Keep it simple, keep it real.

7 vote(s)
    25.9%
  5. I'm just waiting for more cookies. Keep it simple, keep it sweet!

8 vote(s)
    29.6%
  6. I'm just waiting for more ice cream. Keep it simple, keep it cold!

8 vote(s)
    29.6%
  7. I'm going to shave. With some gear. Just keeping on like I always do.

16 vote(s)
    59.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Nice pic, shave and wonderful aftershave finish, Jim!

2. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

Thank you, Joe!

clint64, Trigger, jluc and 1 other person like this.
  3. brit

brit in a box

fine set up and pic Keith..

clint64, Keithmax, Norcalnewb and 2 others like this.
  4. Trigger

Thank you Keith! After 2 shaves with this razor, I am very surprised that I have done well with it. You know all too well, that using a very large straight razor is quite different. I know that I don't need to apologize. I was kind of tongue and cheek about it in my OP.

5. Trigger

Awesome shave Keith! Are you saying you prefer using synthetic hones?

6. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

clint64, jluc, Norcalnewb and 2 others like this.
  7. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Thank you. It was very enjoyable.

8. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Very nice Jim. Nothing to shabby about that travel shave set up.

9. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Beautiful!

10. Norcalnewb

Thank you, Joe!

clint64, jluc, brit and 1 other person like this.
  11. b1hart

b1hart Speed Racer

Excellent traveling setup Jim! Very cool filter effect on your image as well. The USPS dude recently delivered some Speick shaving cream, can’t wait to give it a try. Hope the travel is going well.

clint64, jluc, Keithmax and 3 others like this.
  12. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Thank you, Joe!
    Good idea, Jason. Most Tabac men rock Ascots anyway.
    Thanks Clint!
    It really is a nice place, Jim. Not sure yet, but we may take some time to explore the area before we come home.
    Thanks Keith. I will have to invest in some additional security. It's fairly basic.
    unnamed.jpg

clint64, jluc, Keithmax and 4 others like this.
  13. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Just the Basics June!

June 3

Razor - 1959 (E3) Gillette Flare Tip Superspeed
    Blade - [​IMG]
    Soap - Tabac
    Brush - Semogue 620
    Post - Alum

It was a dark and stormy night. (Thumbs up to whoever can tell me the origin of that line) Nothing severe, just lightning, thunder, some rain. Normal late Spring stuff around. Nice to have it after a hot day, though. And, nice to get another shave from the Superspeed and Astra SP. I switched to Tabac tonight, even though it's not Tuesday or Thursday. Tabac is another "high end" soap I consider to be a basic necessity in my den. Wouldn't consider myself a traditional shaver without it. The Semogue 620 is the small boar that makes a bucket load of lather.

Three passes and the Astra is still as smooth and sharp as ever. Finished up BBS an the alum was quiet again. That's the thing about the Gillette Superspeed. It does one thing, and it does it well. Hope you had a great hump day and here's to a fantastic rest of your week!

June 3 2020.jpg

clint64, b1hart, JACarbone and 8 others like this.
  14. brit

brit in a box

fine shave Neal..

15. myles wilson

myles wilson Moth Ball Mouth

It's honestly sad to see what is going on currently here in America, grown people of all ages and race are acting violent right now like children. I my self experienced that at a degree earlier on today. I was heading to go to tutoring earlier and when I got there I realized I forgot my mask. (Policy right now is requiring students to wear mask) so my tutors decided to look in the back of the building to find me a mask I could wear (they told me to go sit up front away from any other students, I was fine with that) while I went to call my parents to see if they could bring me one in case my tutors don't have one. So one of the student's father who is in his 40s comes rushing in the door and starts getting mad about something while he talks to one of the tutors (instructors) ( I briefly over hood the convo while I was on the phone with my parents) apparently he was mad at me and the tutors because I was not wearing a mask.... so a little while later the kid leaves to head to his dad's car. the dad then goes into a fit of rage and creates a scene as he cusses out the tutors for being "irresponsible" by letting me inside the building. I overhead him yell to my tutor "Ya'll are crazy to let in this "white boy" who does not have a mask." He/ the father, then says I need to stand outside the building and no where near his kid while I wait for my parents (although it is hot outside, I am used to working in the heat and if I actually had to stand outside I would but the way he said it, sounded very inconsiderate) then the father proceeds to yell ignorant and racist words to me. He then put his kid in the car and drove off. Now this man was obviously smaller than me and was not intimidating to me but I still decided to be the bigger man in this situation and not say a word back to the guy. I tend to have a hot temper sometimes and If I had not bit my tongue I would have exposed him of what he said. I don't let racism bother me personally or let any small things get under my skin, but the best thing to do in situations like this whether the person is offending you with their words or not, is to IGNORE it COMPLETELY. I honestly feel bad for his kid, the dad made the poor guy completely embarrassed as he watched his father act like a child in the streets. We need UNITY not DIVISION here in America. I am hoping this mess ends soon. sorry for the long story gents. Ya'll have a good night!

clint64, JACarbone, Keithmax and 5 others like this.
  16. b1hart

b1hart Speed Racer

Supremely awesome Takahana Keith. Big fan of Japanese steel also.

Interesting thoughts about the natural vs. synthetic stones. While it’s not the most popular mindset, several hone masters and blade forgers I’ve chatted with via email/phone conversations have said synthetic 8k/12k setups (with a slurry stone) are enough for most blade maintenance, other than typical stropping. Sure beats some of the rabbit hole crazy natural stone prices!

clint64, JACarbone, jluc and 5 others like this.
  17. myles wilson

Very Nice!

18. myles wilson

Another great shave and picture from the man himself! :)

clint64, jluc, brit and 2 others like this.
  19. Norcalnewb

Thank you, Blair! Speick is good stuff. The trip is done tomorrow, and I will be glad to be home.

clint64, jluc, b1hart and 2 others like this.
  20. Trigger

Although I can understand the father being upset, but to call you racial names is inexcusable. You did the right thing by not escalating it. Everyone is stressed because of this pandemic and coupled with the rioting and looting because a cop killed a black man in Minnesota makes it more so.

clint64, JACarbone, Keithmax and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.