June 2020 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by NCoxSTL, May 31, 2020.

?

Your plan for June?

1. I'm gonna rock a RULE!

2 vote(s)
    7.4%
  2. Basic razors are my plan. Keep it simple, keep it real.

8 vote(s)
    29.6%
  3. Basic aftershaves and shave cream soap. Keep it simple, keep it real.

5 vote(s)
    18.5%
  4. Basic everything! Keep it simple, keep it real.

7 vote(s)
    25.9%
  5. I'm just waiting for more cookies. Keep it simple, keep it sweet!

8 vote(s)
    29.6%
  6. I'm just waiting for more ice cream. Keep it simple, keep it cold!

8 vote(s)
    29.6%
  7. I'm going to shave. With some gear. Just keeping on like I always do.

16 vote(s)
    59.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Droo78

Droo78 Well-Known Member

Thanks, Jason! I had never held any Cocobolo until I got this brush. Seems a very strong and durable wood.

2. jtspartan

jtspartan appropriately stimulated, via Netflix

Yeesh, that was what I was worried about- either my memory is starting to go or else I didn't give your previous write ups on the soap enough attention. Either isn't good.

3. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Thank you Andrew. It is a very subtle scent.

4. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Most welcome Gary.

5. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Excellent shave all around Joe. The more I look at that razor, the more impressive it is.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2020
  6. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Absolutely gorgeous Gary.

7. brit

brit in a box

awesome.i have spent probably $8 k in 4 years,most of it the last 2 years,but got significant brit gillettes for my collection.a good portion of that was funded by selling over 2/3 of a model kit collection,only keeping the 70 or so kits that i will build.many a few duplicate razors as well as i have been trading up set condition to near mint.my friend buys the others and stuff i don't use much.definitely cheaper over all that customizing my mustang..more than happy with my investment and could fire sale it and still do well.thank ful for a few hard core collectors feeding my collection.:)

8. brit

brit in a box

i agree sir,but i did't pay near what they retail for.again fortunate..:)..2 of them were also caseless ,so i searched down the proper cases for them.

9. brit

brit in a box

thank you Joe..:),good afternoon..

10. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Thank you Joe and Gary.

11. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Awesome shavet Jason. I have yet to try any SV soaps. Hopefully in the near future.

12. brit

brit in a box

:D..creativity..

13. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Fabulous shave lineup and photo. You really can't go wrong with Felce Aromatica.

14. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

I get the SV newsletter. Thus far I have avoided the temptation to order the Desert Vetiver. That's not been easy for a vetiver junkie.

15. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

No worries, Jason. I have so much stuff I wouldn't expect anyone to remember everything especially since I don't remember it all either.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

b1hart, Norcalnewb, clint64 and 5 others like this.
  16. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

I hope this isn't the start of a Canadian Civil War. Lol!

9nein9, Norcalnewb, clint64 and 5 others like this.
  17. jgreenepa

jgreenepa Nasal Barbarian

31AD652F-25B9-402E-9B66-7DB78CE0A5FA.jpeg E63B5867-7137-47C6-8461-9BB7807F4339.jpeg
    SOTD FRIDAY, June 5, 2020

I own four Valet Auto Strop (VAS) razors, all of which I’ve shaved with except for my silver plated VB2 model. That razor and my NOS Le Coq Cage Head are the only two in my collection that I’ve never used. My other three VAS razors are all great head and face shavers. Today I decided to shave with the VB2. Tomorrow I’ll shave with the Le Coq.

The VB2 model was made between 1922 and 1929 and predated the Probak razor model that Henry Gaismann used to take over Gillette. It, like all VAS razors I’ve shaved with, turned out to be a great shaver as well. Software selected for the shave was Nancy Boy Signature shave cream and balm, and my brush was one of my four Jayaruh Custom brushes - the #374 Boar.

I loaded the VAS with a Feather FHS-10 blade and began my shave. The Nancy Boy generated its usual thick, yogurty lather with the help of the Jayaruh Boar. While not a fan of these particular Feather blades, my modified Gem didn’t fit well because of the raised indents in the blade receiver. Despite this, the shave went quite well.

After my shower and cold water rinse, I lathered up and had a good first pass (WTG). The Nancy Boy provided a great cushion as the razor sheared through the 36 hours growth of whiskers practically down to the skin line. The second pass (ATG) made short work of the remaining stubble and put the baby to bed leaving your surprised narrator with an excellent BBS, not quite to the VBBS level, but I’ll attribute that to the blade and not the razor. I feel clean, smooth and refreshed.

RAZOR: Valet Auto Strop Model VB2
    BLADE: Feather FHS-10
    PREP: Cold water rinse
    BRUSH: Jayaruh Custom Boar #374
    CREAM: Nancy Boy Signature
    POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with Glyce Glycerin soap followed by Humphreys Lilac WH and Nancy Boy Signature Scent Cooling Aftershave Gel.

18. brit

brit in a box

no sir..:D

Norcalnewb, clint64, jluc and 3 others like this.
  19. brit

brit in a box

awesome valet shave and pic Jeff,i see a number of valet razors coming out lately..very cool..

20. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Thanks Joe! Every time I use it, it gets better. Prior to October 2018, I wasn't thinking about straight shaving. Now, I can't believe how quickly I have progressed using straights. It is a wonderful way to shave. However, that's only my opinion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.