June 2020 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by NCoxSTL, May 31, 2020.

?

Your plan for June?

1. I'm gonna rock a RULE!

2 vote(s)
    7.4%
  2. Basic razors are my plan. Keep it simple, keep it real.

8 vote(s)
    29.6%
  3. Basic aftershaves and shave cream soap. Keep it simple, keep it real.

5 vote(s)
    18.5%
  4. Basic everything! Keep it simple, keep it real.

7 vote(s)
    25.9%
  5. I'm just waiting for more cookies. Keep it simple, keep it sweet!

8 vote(s)
    29.6%
  6. I'm just waiting for more ice cream. Keep it simple, keep it cold!

8 vote(s)
    29.6%
  7. I'm going to shave. With some gear. Just keeping on like I always do.

16 vote(s)
    59.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jgreenepa

jgreenepa Nasal Barbarian

Great shave, Joe! Must have felt like shaving with a toy after using that big, honkin’ Max Sprecher! So when do you open your honing resharpening business! Sounds like it might be a fun retirement gig for you! All the best to you up there in the plague lands! My sister lives out in Montauk. She said many of the elite from NYC are moving out to their places in the Hamptons and bringing Covid with them! Stay safe and healthy, my friend!

2. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Thank you, Andrew!

I really don't put much thought into color coordinating when I make purchases. Brushes have to catch my eye and soaps and aftershaves are chosen by scent description. I start digging through my collection of brushes when I choose the software.
    Very nice, Joe! Sounds like you're close restoring the edge on your razor.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

3. Droo78

Droo78 Well-Known Member

I pray everything goes well today, Charlie.

4. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Very nice shave Mark.

5. Droo78

Droo78 Well-Known Member

I took my kids out for tacos last night and they were delicious! It was the first time we've been out to eat since the lock down started back in March.

6. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Thank you Jeff! I appreciate the concern. Long Island will be entering Phase 2 this Wednesday so we are ahead of NYC because it will be starting Phase 1 today. To be honest, I am in excellent shape that my age was the only risk factor. If I didn't get full blown Covid 19 by now, then I would say that I am in the clear and quite possibly be an assymptomatic carrier. Hope you are safe as well!

7. Droo78

Droo78 Well-Known Member

Great looking shave, Mark! The Pino Silvestre is on my short list of things to try in the future.

8. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

Thank you, Andrew!

Trigger, brit, jgreenepa and 2 others like this.
  9. Droo78

Droo78 Well-Known Member

Great shave report and results, Paul!

10. jgreenepa

jgreenepa Nasal Barbarian

Stay safe, Andrew. Both my son and daughter had their families out yesterday! Don’t forget to social distance! This Covid thing is far from over!

11. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Very nice shave Joe. I guess the restoration is all part of the learning process. Learning to hone will be my next phase of the process.
    Have a great day.

12. Droo78

Droo78 Well-Known Member

Fantastic work on the razor, Joe! Congrats. Proraso Green is always a good choice...

13. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Excellent photo and shave Amigo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. Trigger

Thank you Jim! I put in a lot of work into it already so that it would be safe to use it. It's not such a good idea to shave with a big chip in the blade. In any event, I am going to put it away and work on it again this weekend to try to get a better edge. If I do get a good edge, then I guess I may have to go to Home Depot and buy a dremel to see if I can get it looking nicer. Mmm!

Last edited: Jun 8, 2020
  15. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Very nice Joe. You did a remarkable job repairing the edge enough to attempt a shave.

16. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Thanks for the update. Hang in there.

17. Droo78

Droo78 Well-Known Member

Thanks, Jeff. We've been distancing for sure. It was strange seeing this restaurant with so few customers and all staff in facemasks.

18. Trigger

Thank you Andrew! I still can't believe that I got a great edge by resetting the bevel and going through the progressions using lapping films. I would say that it really is an idiot-proof way to hone razors. It is far less expensive than to buy stones.

19. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

I’ll go out with the family for tacos next week. This week is too crazy to try.

20. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

After being successfully enabled by @jgreenepa I placed an order with PAA

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.