SoS June 2020.

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by brit, May 31, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leo501

Leo501 Well-Known Member

First time using Dorco blades and I really enjoyed my shave. Efficient, smooth & sharp, really good feedback. Looking forward to using again with this same set-up and testing out something else for variety and dependability. The GFT cream makes my face slick as an ice rink, so I'll see how it does with one of my less impressive soaps.

I've been unimpressed with my Yaqi synth brush the handful of times I've used it with different soaps, but I have to say that together with the GFT cream it was magic- loads of lather, though I admit I used an extra pinch of cream. The brush felt great on my face and I actually got a bit of splay as I pressed against my chin. It's my 1st fan knot and my largest brush (26mm). Maybe this brush will be a kind of specialty brush where I use it with certain soaps/creams.

AV Musk pairs nicely with Spanish Leather's notes of musk, patchouli, vanilla, and sandalwood.

I'm also really enjoying the Fine Accoutrements lather bowl. It's slightly wider than my Captain's Choice, but more importantly has more depth, and has ridges both on the bottom of the bowl and up the sides. Definitely 2 thumbs up with a strong recommendation.

I've been exposed to someone who tested positive for Covid 19, so I'm in strict quarantine and loving the little joys of life, like taking my time with this terrific ritual we call shaving. Most of the time, gone are the days I call it a chore! Now, if only I could find out how to feel that way about house work:rofl:

SOTD 20 6 12.jpg

2. AlfredoT

AlfredoT Well-Known Member

:D

Paul Turner, Leo501 and brit like this.
  3. brit

brit in a box

fine shave Leo..

Leo501 likes this.
  4. Leo501

Leo501 Well-Known Member

Thanks Gary!

brit likes this.
  5. TommyCarioca

TommyCarioca Well-Known Member

Top shelf

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

6. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Temple Super Safety/Derby Premium. Lots better than I thought it would be :)[​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

7. SilverSwarfer

SilverSwarfer Well-Known Member

859B0844-BA90-4E5A-A510-E41953803EC9.jpeg
    Blade Terma (Solingen)
    Brush Paladin
    Software Stirling Sandpiper

This is a restored 5/8 that hones and shaves like you’d expect from a vintage Solingen razor. Quite a comfortable shave, despite some extra sensitivity from the unfortunate A&E burn yesterday.

8. brit

brit in a box

very cool..

9. brit

brit in a box

fine shave and pic,cool razor.love the sandpiper scent..

SilverSwarfer likes this.
  10. celestino

celestino Friendly Neighborhood Wetshaver

:)

brit likes this.
  11. SilverSwarfer

SilverSwarfer Well-Known Member

Gary, your enthusiasm always elevates and brightens my day. Your level of engagement is inspiring! I have many more Stoylin flavors to tackle; Sandpiper never ceases to disappoint. It is my go-to whenever I can’t decide.

Have a great weekend!

TommyCarioca and brit like this.
  12. Str8on2

Str8on2 Well-Known Member

Thank you, amigo.... :thanks:

brit and SilverSwarfer like this.
  13. brit

brit in a box

thank you..:eatdrink047:..i love the sandpiper,gentleman and deep blue sea..plus others of course.

Str8on2 likes this.
  14. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

I have been experimenting also with the Kai blade today with one slipped into my Game Changer .84 and received a excellent shave.

Ijustmissedthe50s, brit and jmudrick like this.
  15. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

SOTD - Sat June 13th 2020

Razor: Razorock game changer .84- Mfg 2018> Excellent razor with the proper blade IMO.(Kai SS today)
    Blade: Kai SS (1) -I wanted a little more blade feel to my shave and it delivered that very well, I did read some reviews and the blade delivered a excellent shave today as other have mentioned on different threads. Felt smooth and sharp and gets better after a few shaves the fellows who have used them claim(some did not care for it). No regrets yet! Kai SS is .009 thousands of inch wider or .0045 thousands per side than a standard blade and that is significant extra blade exposure IMO.
    Soap: Prorazo Green- I like to use this soap every once in a while but not daily. Good scent and protection.
    Brush: Razorock Noir 400 24 mm Plissoft Synthetic- great brush and have used it for over 3 years with good success.
    Pre shave:Shower, Brush wash my whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser+ a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard.
    Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pick ups.
    Post shave: Proraso green with witch Hazel + A tiny dollop of Nivea balm.
    Results CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers = [​IMG] Excellent shave with my RR GC .84 with a Kai blade.

SOTD, Sat June 13th 2020 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

16. brit

brit in a box

awesome shave and pic Ron..

Ron R likes this.
  17. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Thanks Gary.

brit likes this.
  18. Brian Distance

Brian Distance Well-Known Member