The Haul: June 2020

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by RaZorBurn123, May 31, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brit

brit in a box

awesome haul.the double number on the 24-6 new improved is because it went back for repair or was returned for a reason.

Smooth Steve likes this.
  2. Dirtfarmer

Dirtfarmer Well-Known Member

Thanks Gary! I knew I knew somebody would drop some knowledge on me here. I've been away for a couple of months but now that things may be getting back to some sort of normal, I'll be able to post more again. I missed this place.

Enrico and brit like this.
  3. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Only a guess July 17 1998

:eatdrink047:

Angelo85 and John Beeman like this.
  4. brit

brit in a box

very cool,you were missed..:)..glad you are well..

Dirtfarmer likes this.
  5. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

6. Mike-R41

Mike-R41 Well-Known Member

74168525-71B5-476E-BCDD-C645B60170F3.jpeg My buddy Steve from one of the WetShaving Groups on Facebook knew I always wanted a Gillette BlackBeauty Super Adjustable 84 Short Handle so he PIF’ed both of these to me, all I had to do was pay for the postage! How nice was that?! I love this WetShaving Community, I cant tell you how many times in my two years of WetShaving that people like My Friend Steve have generously gave me things. Weather it be a little wisdom, Tips and advice or just the regular small talk. The WetShaving Community is truly the best. Not that long ago I was doing a trade with someone and I found out through talking with him that he was fairly new to this hobby so I threw in a brush, some soap, DE Sample blades to try and some soap samples as well . It feels good to help ppl because like karma it always comes back around = ]

Getting back to the razor It had a decent amount of soap scum on it. mechanically it works fine . I used my toothbrush and Dawn first to get all the soap scum off then I Used the “FLITZ” Polish I have to shine ‘er up real nice. I have “Testors” black semi gloss enamel paint for the Adjustor Number Dial but I didn’t need it yet. But when the time comes for a touchup I’ll be ready.

The “MUDDER FOCKER” soap smells really really good. And when I was first starting this hobby Close to two years ago A person from this group named Terry kindly PIF’ed me a Sample Of it and I loved it back then S0O0 MUCH , I used it up reallll fast LOL. I’ve always wanted this razor i’m glad it went to a good home. I had a Super 109 but I sold it because I knew I would like the short handle more. When I lined up my FATBOY, SLIM, and Super 84 I was surprised to notice the Super 84 is Slightly taller than the Slim. From seeing pictures I thought the Super 84 was the about the same size as the FatBoy if not at least the same as the Slim but I’m very happy with the size of it, it fits my hand perfect ! 433A79CB-28AC-4B63-9B41-EB1D56D1A6A0.jpeg

Last edited: Jun 14, 2020
  7. Mike-R41

Mike-R41 Well-Known Member

I thought they were in the black pack. I could of sworn I seen the same blue 7 o’clock ones on eBay a while back and I had to double take lol

brit likes this.
  8. Angelo85

Angelo85 Well-Known Member

Tuesday’s mail call is a tube of Denim Original Shaving Cream. 4B9B34EE-7B29-49A8-B15E-ACDDEBFFB445.jpeg

9. brit

brit in a box

the discontinued blues were made in russia.the new black box ones are made in india..

10. brit

brit in a box

very cool Mike..

11. Smooth Steve

Smooth Steve Well-Known Member

Sunday I was out and about and found one of those new King C. Gillette DE razors. I'm sucker for shiny new things and had to add it to the collection. I'm sure it will be a good shaver and looks nicely finished. I was a bit disappointed in the packaging being a bit torn, but it isn't the end of the world. I think it is great Gillette is selling fair priced DE's in a regular store and hope it leads to new wet shavers discovering the enjoyment of wet shaving. Maybe someday we will see a new real Gillette razor, but I will not hold my breath. This will have to do for now. Anyways the initial impression of the quality of the razor is favorable. I will need to break it in soon. I do not expect any surprises, but I do expect a great shave and that is the point.
    Steve

IMG_7208.jpg
    IMG_7209.jpg

12. Smooth Steve

Can't go wrong for a few bucks. They work great.
    Steve

Enrico likes this.
  13. Smooth Steve

I especially dig the style of those Heritage brushes. Nice.
    Steve

Edison Carter and jluc like this.
  14. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Thanks, Steve.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Smooth Steve likes this.
  15. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    I just got my first 100 pack of GEM Stainless blades.
    [​IMG]

16. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Apollo Mikron adjustable finally arrived.
    Apolloset.jpg

17. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Congratulations. Nothing cooler than a Mikron.

Sent from my LG-US998 using Tapatalk

18. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Fatip Slant, Tibam titanium handle, Bevel--like head purported to be more aggressive and confirmed to be different geometry and casting from the Square Root Pascal.[​IMG]

Sent from my LG-US998 using Tapatalk

19. dmshaver

dmshaver Well-Known Member

I've been out-of-touch for a while. A few health issues took my attention. Now I'm back & wanted to post what I've got in the past week or so. I'm on a bit of a brush bender.
    IMG_2794.jpg IMG_2796.jpg IMG_2884.jpg IMG_2885.jpg

20. brit

brit in a box

stuartganis and dmshaver like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.