"Schick Show"

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by brit, Oct 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. James Kleinkauf

James Kleinkauf Well-Known Member

DSCF0008 - Edited.jpg

Sunday‌ ‌06.14.20 ‌SOTD‌
    Cased Canadian Schick Type E Injector Razor
    NOS‌ ‌Schick‌ ‌Eversharp‌ ‌Injector‌ ‌Blade‌ ‌USA‌
    Frank Shaving 24mm x 50mm Silvertip Badger
    Taylor of Old Bond Street Sandalwood Shaving Cream
    Taylor of Old Bond Street Sandalwood Aftershave

DSCF0009 - Edited.jpg

2. brit

brit in a box

fine e type shave and pics Jim..

3. Droo78

Droo78 Well-Known Member

Saturday's Shave

Schick E2
    Personna Blade

SOTD 06.13.2020.jpg

4. James Kleinkauf

James Kleinkauf Well-Known Member

Thanks Gary

brit likes this.
  5. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Sunday Shave, June 14th 2020, It's not a Schick but it is a injector & a good one. They call it the million dollar razor to develop. Pal injecto-matic instructions (2).jpg Pal injecto-matic instructions 2 (2).jpg

Razor: Pal injecto-matic - Mfg 1952> Very Smooth shave with a Personna SS PTFE blade, very light razor!
    Blade: Personna injector SS PTFE (2)- nice very sharp blade with great longevity with low cost per shave.
    Soap: Tabac- great traditional soap that lasts and lasts. Triple milled with a mild flowery scent, good lather qualities.
    Brush: Yaqi Timber wolf whiskers 24mm syntetic - great brush that has no problem with hard soaps, soft tips.
    Pre shave: Brush wash my whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
    Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 3 + pick ups.
    Post shave: Fine fresh Vetiver aftershave with witch Hazel + a tiny dollop of Nivea balm.(summer months need very little or none IMO.)
    Results: 9/10 or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + 1 blemish weeper = [​IMG] Very enjoyable shave with my Pal Injecto-matic.

Sunday shave June 14th 2020 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

6. brit

brit in a box

cool shave and pic Ron..

Ron R likes this.
  7. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Sunday Schick Shave, June 21st 2020

Razor: Schick E2 injector Canadian variant-Mfg 1930's-40's Excellent razor IMO.
    Blade: Personna SS PTFE injector (10)- great blade, very sharp & reasonably smooth & gets better in its life cycle.
    Soap: Razorock The Dead Sea -nice scent with good lather qualities.
    Brush: Yaqi Timber wolf whiskers 24 mm- sure kicks up a nice lather with great brush properties we all enjoy.
    Pre-shave: Brush wash my whole face CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
    Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 3.
    Post shave: Razorock The Dead Sea aftershave with Witch Hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
    Results:CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = [​IMG] great shave with my Schick Canadian E2 variant.

Sunday Schick shave June 21st 2020 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

8. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Sunday Schick Shave, I going to make it a tradition if possible to shave with one of my Schick injectors every Sunday!

Razor: Schick injector i2 Hyro-magic type- Mfg 1954-57, great razor with a Personna injector blade in it, I find the Personna blade sharper for these milder injector razors and this morning was no exception. Great shave!
    Blade: Personna injector SS PTFE (4)- Sharp and reasonably smooth, very nice after shave #2>I have experienced for improved smoothness, Awesome IMO.
    Soap: Razorock Don Marco- Nice citrus scent with great lather qualities.
    Brush: Razorock Plissoft 24 mm synthetic- great brush and easy to maintain and does all what a brush is suppose to do from my many uses- great little brush!
    Pre-shave:brush was my whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe vera gel on the beard area.
    Prep: cold water rinse after each pass of 3 + pickups. Very stimulating!
    Post shave: Proraso green with witch Hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers= [​IMG] Just a excellent shave with my Schick injector i2 Hydro magic.

Sunday Schick shave, June 28th 2020 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

9. old-school shaver

old-school shaver Well-Known Member

One of my favorite Shick Injectors a Type E 1 .Got it a while back really cheap. 20200427_194524.jpg

10. Ijustmissedthe50s

Ijustmissedthe50s The Warnee

20200701_145315_copy_600x800.jpg
    My only Schick, though I'm dying to try an injector someday. Perfect for this chilly and enjoyable touch up shave. *shave for 7-2-2020.

11. CrustyCat

CrustyCat Well-Known Member

I love my old Schick injector I keep going back to it.

Ron R and James Kleinkauf like this.
  12. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Sunday Schick Shave- July 5th 2020- I think my Schick Twin ll blade is coming to end of its life in my Stick Schick injector razor with #32 shaves on it. Its getting a little tuggy and it has done its job with honors. Very impressive blade for longevity and comfortable shaves and its life is used up as of today. It still knocked off a CCS,DFS,BBS.

Razor: Stick Schick injector L type theme series- MFG 1973, interesting mild razor to look at and gives a nice shave.
    Blade: Schick Twin ll injector (32)(Japanese) excellent razor blade, great daily blade - good for 1 or 2 day growth to avoid plugging.
    Soap: Razorock Lavender- great scent and excellent lather qualities IMO.
    Brush: Razorock Plissoft 24mm - great brush for making later and applying, triple milled soaps no problem, good splay
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
    Prep: cold water rinse after each pass of 3 + pickups'
    Post shave: Razorock King Louis lavender aftershave with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers= [​IMG] great shave with my Stick Schick and Twin ll blade.

Sunday Schick shave july 5th 2020 (2).jpg
    Have some great shaves!

13. preidy

preidy Just call me Dino

NOS Schick DE (not a Krona) IMG_3632.JPG

Last edited: Jul 7, 2020
  14. preidy

preidy Just call me Dino

E-1 - Surprisingly found this razor to very mild compared to my E-2 and G-1.
    IMG_5503 (1).JPG E-1.JPG

Last edited: Aug 20, 2020
  15. brit

brit in a box

16. brit

brit in a box

cool shave and pic Ron..

Ron R likes this.
  17. pj3r

pj3r Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Poslano sa mog YAL-L21 koristeći Tapatalk

18. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Might as well add the photos here also. Recently acquired 76' Executive Travel Set. As I've stated elsewhere and can be seen in the photos, the set is not distributed by Schick but by Tawn Limited. Schick just provided the specially plated gold DE razor and blades for the set. Secondly this set was never made for the bicentennial in 1976 though it is easy to see how that got mistaken, but based on the copyright date was produced in 1965. The style of DE is the design they used for DE razors produced between 1965 and 1967 sans the gold plating plus the blades also put the set 68 or earlier since the Krona trademark wasn't used by Schick until then.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Monday at 3:39 PM

preidy, Jim99, Ron R and 3 others like this.
  19. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Schick Sunday shave,July 12th 2020- The Schick 500 injector with hydro-magic is my longest safety razor in my rotation measuring 5 3/8 inches in length. A unisex razor that anyone in the family can use IMO for reaching those tough areas.

Razor: Schick Golden 500 injector hydro magic - Mfg 1957-64
    Blade: Personna SS PTFE injector
    Soap: Razorock blue barber "what the puck"
    Brush: Yaqi Rainbow 26 mm synthetic brown whiskers- great lathering brush with those soft tips I enjoy!
    Pre shave: Brush wash my face with Cerave hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
    Prep: cold water rinse after each pass of 3 + pickups.
    Post shave: Razorock blue barber with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = [​IMG] great shave with my Schick golden 500 injector + hydro magic razor.

Schick Sunday shave, July 12th 2020 (2).jpg
    Have some great shaves!

brit, Jim99, Droo78 and 3 others like this.
  20. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Sunday Schick shave, July 19th, 2020

Razor: Schick E2 Canadian variant- Mfg 1930's-40's, nice mid range with a little blade feel.
    Blade: Personna SS PTFE injector- very sharp with great longevity and excellent cost per shave.
    Soap: Tabac- great soap with its flowery clean scent that I like & excellent lather qualities.
    Brush: Razorock noir 400 24mm synthetic-great lathering brush for all types of soaps and reminds me of a boar brush.
    Pre-shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
    Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 3 + pick ups.
    Post shave: Fine fresh Vetiver aftershave with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = [​IMG]Excellent shave with my E2 Canadian variant injector.

Sunday Schick shave july 19th 2020 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.