The Stirling Exchange

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by PickledNorthern, Nov 5, 2016.

1. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Menthol Monday:

Stirling Mentholated Pre-Shave Soap
    Razorock Plissoft 26mm Monster
    Super Speed/Wilkinson day 3
    Stirling Glacial Obsidian SS
    Stirling Glacial Unscented ASB
    B&M Arctique AS Splash
    Bleu de Chanel EdP
    Kisses from my lovely wife

In complete contrast to the approaching winter in South Africa the hot summer is coming here to Canada so I wanted to gear up for it with some of my coldest stuff - even the mentholated pre-shave soap from Stirling has more than enough menthol in it to put a good chill in it and it does such a great job of cleaning the skin and softening up the beard, it protects against dryness, and it adds so much slickness. The Glacial Obsidian soap’s black licorice scent is beautiful, the lather is so rich, mega slick as well as mega frigid, and the skincare is so wonderful. The Glacial Unscented balm felt so icy cold, not to mention how moisturizing and soothing it was, while the Arctique aftershave brought the freeze to another level and although it smells lovely the scent moves out of the way for the Bleu de Chanel which has become my favorite fragrance. Three passes got rid of my tough stubble and left me as smooth as a baby’s tukhis!

Have a great week - be safe and healthy!
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I recommend Sandpiper-great "cologne clone". I have Gentleman and Spice, and, like you, I had issues with Spice(more with the aftershave than the soap). With Gentleman, I just have the aftershave, but I happen to have a soap with nearly the same features, thus the two make a good team.

3. timabababaluka

timabababaluka No exceptions. Except.....

Awesome news! Stirling's mutton tallow formula is fantastic--I got their Scots Pine Sheep a couple years back, and am currently burning my way through Glastonbury (which is also a mutton tallow base). Great stuff :D

4. timabababaluka

Now that is a wonderfully refreshing Menthol Monday, sir! :D

ezlovan, john zeiger and Frijolero like this.
  5. gcconspiracy

gcconspiracy Well-Known Member

That's such good news - Sandpiper was actually part of my sample order! It's sitting on the shelf waiting to be tested...

I actually have a sample of Scots Pine as well! I am hoping that it works well for my face, as the scent seems less complex. After testing the Sheep, I am very excited for Scots Pine.

6. timabababaluka

That is good news--Sandpiper is in my top 5 :D

7. Paul Turner

From my first sample set, Sandpiper jumped out at me. Clear top choice. Gentleman was second.

8. Paul Turner

Top 5 Stoylin or top 5 overall?

9. timabababaluka

They are the same, Sir ;) :D

10. gcconspiracy

Mind if I ask what your top 5 are?

11. timabababaluka

Not at all...

1. Baker Street
    2. Arkadia
    3. Gentleman
    4. Sandpiper
    5. Texas on Fire & Glastonbury at a dead tie

Honorable Mention: Christmas Eve

The order is prone to frequent shifts, but the players remain largely the same ;)

12. Paul Turner

At this point, I'd like to "warn" our new friend @gcconspiracy of occasional silliness he(you)will see in this thread, coming from me. I call Stirling, "Stoylin" and the company owner Rod "Doc Ezlovan" (for his screen-name on here). Doc Ezlovan knows full well of my silliness. :). I just don't want you to be frustrated trying to find the Stoylin website by going to "Stoylinsoaps.com" as one newbie did a while back. He deserved my apology for his embarrassment, and he got it.

13. Paul Turner

Here's my top 5 Stoylins(as of this writing):

1. Sandpiper
    2. Gentleman(I just have the aftershave)
    3. Spice
    4. Ramblin Man(I just have the soap)
    5. Blood On Steel.

14. timabababaluka

Crud! Forgot about Ramblin Man--that one is pretty good too. Probably just missed the top 5 for me

15. gcconspiracy

not to worry! I’ve been reading this thread for a while (while I was waiting for my Stoylin parcel to arrive), and picked up on the silliness/fun tone of the thread. I’m just glad to be able to join the fray now!

16. Paul Turner

That's right...YOU'RE the gentleman who spoke highly of R.M. in the past.

17. Paul Turner

Oh, then I'm sure you followed the recent Stoylin Tony Awards Nomination...next one is in August.

18. jayjacque

jayjacque Well-Known Member

I don't know why but I can't get much scent strength out of Gentleman and not much more out of Baker St. I guess I'm finding out I prefer stronger scented soaps and A/S

19. Paul Turner

My "bath soaps" should be coming in a few days....Sophisticate(love that name)and Summer Rain. As you guys know, I just use bath soaps at the sink for hand-washing.

20. timabababaluka

I can definitely see your point of view on those two. While I wouldn't say they are weak, I certainly wouldn't call them strong either.

I also like the scents that shout :D