What Manly Things Did You Do Today?

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by jwr0201, Jan 17, 2015.

1. Preacher

Preacher Well-Known Member

I'm a bit of a wuss, so managing the discomfort will be hard. But the truth is that I really need to start. I have a decent bike.

Enrico and PanChango like this.
  2. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I usually build my bikes ..... the last two I made were given away when I went to Africa in 2015.

I need to make another.....

:)

Preacher likes this.
  3. DDuckyMark

DDuckyMark Ducky Duck and the Hiding Bunch

Yard work mostly but I also made a Morse code key out if a few screws and a clothespin. Works pretty well.

gorgo2, BigMike and Enrico like this.
  4. BigMike

BigMike Well-Known Member

It does seem to work well. And kudos to TSD for still supporting Morse-code-to-text; most other shave sites got rid of that feature in the 1880s.
    :rofl:

richgem likes this.
  5. J_Man

J_Man right on the Mass border

I unknowingly disturbed a hornet's nest last night while exiting the basement. I slammed the door & was stung several times in the face and back.

I quickly applied ice packs and then applied a mixture of baking soda and water for 20 minutes [neutralizes the venom] before cleaning with peroxide and applying ointment...Followed up with a Benadryl and some aspirin.

All of those precautions seemed to have paid off because my head doesn't seem to look like a balloon this morning.

The reason that I didn't see the nest was because I entered the basement through the house and then used the exit that leads out into the backyard.

Is that manly enough?

Sent from my LM-Q720 using Tapatalk

Last edited: Jun 22, 2020
    Enrico, gorgo2 and BigMike like this.
  6. Preacher

Preacher Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear about a situation like that! Good thing your quick actions helped!

J_Man likes this.
  7. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Ordered a second trusty Ruger EC9S from one of the only places online (or anywhere) stocking them. Wanted the 15 stack Bersa Thunder but they're impossible to find right now, as are most things.

Enrico likes this.
  8. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I bought more archery equipment (for the new outdoor bow.) Then I went outdoors & shot the bow in 88 degree heat.

BigMike, J_Man, Enrico and 2 others like this.
  9. J_Man

Amazingly enough after taking all of those precautionary measures the swelling and pain was gone the next day.

Preacher and Enrico like this.
  10. Angelo85

Angelo85 Well-Known Member

Last night my bedroom air conditioner crapped out on me after 23 years of use. So I went to the garage and dug out a NOS Kenmore AC we bought back in 2007 from Sears; it was still in the box unused. Anyways I proceeded to haul this 5100 BTU AC up 2 flights of stairs; and with a little assistance from family we got the “new” AC up and running and now my bedroom is nice and cool. Just in time for the dog days of summer.

Jayaruh, Droo78 and Enrico like this.
  11. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Well, it was yesterday, but our kitchen faucet was leaking around the base, so I went to Lowes.com and checked out a video on repairing it.
    https://www.lowes.com/n/how-to/repair-leaky-single-handle-faucet
    So, I took it all apart, put the parts in a baggy and went to Lowes. I found a kit for $15. It all went together very nicely, and now there are no leaks. Mamma is happy and I am happy.

Droo78, Preacher and richgem like this.
  12. DDuckyMark

DDuckyMark Ducky Duck and the Hiding Bunch

I drove around in a 1 ton box van and picked up furniture donations for my county's animal shelter resale store. I'm the guy they pay for the heavy lifting. I also snagged a couple used golf clubs and a new golf club bag thingy. ( I'm not a golfer, I just like to drive balls up the valley at home as stress relief.)

Jayaruh and Preacher like this.
  13. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I put a monogram on a leather knife sheath, using my wood burning tool.

BigMike likes this.
  14. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Tried some Vitalis as an aftershave. Decent burn, moisturizes well, unusual but pleasant fragrance. Would probably make a dandy pre-shave for those who use pre-shaves.

15. J_Man

Installed a Bidet. The wife wanted it not me.

Enrico likes this.
  16. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

No need to be defensive.

Sent from my LG-US998 using Tapatalk

9nein9 and J_Man like this.
  17. J_Man

What did you expect? Installing it is the manly part, using it isn't.

9nein9 likes this.
  18. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Been using one for 15 year's since living in SE Asia. They're standard practice in a lot of the world where there are actually men.

Sent from my LG-US998 using Tapatalk

J_Man and Droo78 like this.
  19. Droo78

Droo78 Well-Known Member

I installed one 4 years ago and it has been great.
    Bonus: Not being worried by a Pandemic induced TP shortage = excellent.

efsk, J_Man and jmudrick like this.
  20. J_Man

LOL! You know I am gonna use it.

We had one at the old house, but I didn't include one in the plans for the new house and that didn't go over well with the little lady...she's happy now--I pretty much do what ever it takes to keep her happy.

Enrico and jmudrick like this.