Shave of the Week

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by poppi, Jan 27, 2020.

1. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

I won't be doing a SotW this time around. Going in for surgery and not sure what will be going on for sure. I'll be back at it as soon as I can

2. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Oh I see...this is what you'll do ALL WEEK. I thought it was your FAVORITE shave of the week. :)

3. McGrande

McGrande Well-Known Member

Correct. Poppi suggested something along these lines in post #1 of this thread. Sort of a mini-focus month deal. Also a good way to whittle down the stash.

4. McGrande

Good luck Poppi. That positive attitude of yours will go a long way!

5. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

I'm Back! And next week's Shave of the Week will be:

Weber DLC razor
    Astra SP blade
    JR #85 brush
    Taconic Eucalyptus Mint SC
    Osage Rub/Witch Hazel w/aloe
    Taconic Eucalyptus Mint A/S

Haven't done much in the way of shaving since surgery but want/need to get back in the groove. All these items tried and proven for me so I look forward to this week's shaves. BTW, surgery went well and the pathology of surrounding tissue showed all clear. Need a pet scan and meeting with my oncologist to verify but feeling pretty good right now.

Ijustmissedthe50s, BigD and McGrande like this.
  6. McGrande

Now that's some welcome news! Glad to hear you're doing well.

I've been growing a coronavirus beard so my weekly shaves ain't much. Just trimming cheeks and neck line. I'll try to come up with a weekly starting this Sunday (26 April 2020).

BigD likes this.
  7. EzraCobb

EzraCobb Well-Known Member

okay, rule is Nothing changes hardware and software (other than blade change , same brand of course) .... i basically stopped buying stuff for a year and have a tremendous stockpile of shave fun.... whats the official start of week, sun or mon?

BigD likes this.
  8. EzraCobb

EzraCobb Well-Known Member

sweeeeet, well i am lucky to do IT work from home, still shave but i now go a few days here and there... definitely stopped getting new stuff, but the stockpile is fun .. i have so many European and Indian shaving tubes that i have never even opened ...that will be a 2 year journey ..... at least i wont ever need shave gear until i leave this earth .. hahaha

BigD likes this.
  9. McGrande

Here goes for April 26th through May 2nd 2020.

Just trimming cheek and neck lines while setting my whiskers free! Don't want to waste my "good" stuff (soaps, creams, splashes) so I'll keep it simple this week.

Barbasol cream
    Edwin Jagger DE87 razor
    Gilette 7 O'Clock blade (1 - 7)
    Barbasol Brisk AS

042620~050220.JPG

24 days of growth.

24 days.JPG

Ijustmissedthe50s, brit and BigD like this.
  10. McGrande

That's my take on it. Poppi may chime in if we're getting it wrong. I start my shave weeks on Sunday. Probably doesn't matter.

Like you, I have a ton of stuff that'll take forever to use up and growing a beard ain't making much of a dent in the stash!

Nice that you can work from home. I'm retired so not much disruption in my routine.

brit likes this.
  11. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

SHAVE OF THE WEEK

Parker Variant razor
    Silver Star blade
    Shave Revolution synthetic brush
    Proraso Green SS
    Proraso Green A/S

Here is this weeks set up. Haven't used used the Parker for a long time and thought it was time. Glad I did cuz I got a fine shave from it and my face is happy. Now go enjoy your day folks.

12. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

Shave of the Week!!

I haven't posted much lately. Trying to deal with my wife's passing has been difficult. Every day is a mixed bag, sometimes better and then something will trigger a memory/thought and it's tough again.

Anyway, this week's stuff is:

Gillette Slim Adjustable razor
    Astra SP blade
    WD Synthetic brush
    Stirling Glacial Lemon Chill SS
    Stirling Glacial Lemon Chill A/S

Nice nice shave indeed. All the parts liked each other a lot and my face is happy. Now go enjoy your day folks.

13. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

SHAVE OF THE WEEK STARTING 1 JUNE 2020

Star 3 piece razor
    Treet "Black Beauty" blade
    WD Silver Tip brush
    Palmolive Shave Stick
    Assorted A/S

The Treet blades are really good for me. All the other parts like each other and I'm sure my face will be happy. Now go enjoy your day folks

14. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

SHAVE OF THE WEEK STARTING 8 JUNE 2020

Gillette Black Tip Super Speed razor (W4)
    Gillette Silver Blue blade
    RazoRock Plissoft brush
    ARKO SS
    Assorted A/S

The RazoRock brush is a tiny bit denser than I normally like but works well nonetheless. The Gillette combo is smooth and comfortable so all is well. My face is happy. Now go enjoy your day folks.

Ijustmissedthe50s, BigD and brit like this.
  15. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

Shave of the Week starting 6/15/2020

Rotbart #15 razor
    Gillette Nacet blade
    Plisson/L'Occitane brush
    Taconic Eucalyptus Mint SC
    Taconic Eucalyptus Mint A/S

All the parts are known to me and work well except for the Nacet blade. I know lots of people like them, I find them adequate. Still, the shave came out ok and my face is happy. Now go enjoy your day folks.

Ijustmissedthe50s and BigD like this.
  16. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

Shave of the Week Starting 6/22/2020

Fine "Marvel" razor
    Treet 7 Days blade
    RazoRock Plissoft brush
    VDH Deluxe Shave Soap
    Assorted A/S

Haven't used the VDH Deluxe in a very very long time and now wonder why. Lathers easily and gives great protection, what's not to like. Hadn't ever paired up the Fine razor and the Treet blade. They complimented each other and a fine shave was had. My face is happy. Now go enjoy your day folks

17. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

Shave of the Week Starting 6/29/2020

Weber DLC razor
    Bolzano blade
    Maggard Purple Swirl brush
    Viking "Citron" SS
    Assorted A/S

The Weber/Bolzano pairing is pretty nice and a fine shave was had. The Viking SS is top notch, easy to lather with great skin care. All in all, a fine shave and my face is happy. Now go enjoy your day folks

18. BigD

BigD Well-Known Member

How are you liking the Marvel? Got my dad one for Father's Day. Got him a full Fine Platinum set from the soap to the fragrance, the black and grey shave bowl, black and grey brush, and stand. My niece and nephew got him some Williams pucks.
    He was excited. Better than a tie.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Ijustmissedthe50s likes this.
  19. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

The "Marvel" is a good razor for me. Not the best I have but certainly in the top 5 for now. I still have lots of razors (60+) to go thru so time will tell

BigD likes this.
  20. BigD

BigD Well-Known Member

Thank you.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk