Post Office Rant Thread

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by DaltonGang, Aug 7, 2019.

1. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

Nope off work. I'm 6'2" at 280 lbs., of not fat and scary. :susel:

RyX and brit like this.
  2. brit

brit in a box

mailed 2 parcels on saturday.on in canada,same province for $16.00ish .the other to north carolina .$8.00 ish..canada post are crooks..

RyX, DaltonGang and S Barnhardt like this.
  3. S Barnhardt

S Barnhardt Old, Crusty Barn

So, your side of "the border" has issues too, huh??

RyX, DaltonGang and brit like this.
  4. brit

brit in a box

yes sir..

RyX and S Barnhardt like this.
  5. CrustyCat

CrustyCat Well-Known Member

We have locked parcel boxes, so she put it in someone else's box. I have hand delivered packages before. But they are going back to the p.o. now with complaints.

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk

DaltonGang, RyX and brit like this.
  6. Laird

Laird Well-Known Member

I'm retired now. But when I was still working not that long ago, I was home on annual leave waiting for a lovely Great Eastern Cutlery "Tidioute" pocket knife to arrive from the U.S. I had watched the tracking number each day as my parcel made it's way across the border, through Canada customs and finally to my local Canada Post Delivery Center. I lived in a rural area known as the Agricultural Land Reserve with a typical rural mailbox on a post at the end of my driveway, easily visible from my living room window. By around 10:30-11:00 one morning, the Canada Post Tracking showed the package "delivered", but there was nothing in the mailbox. I had not heard nor seen a Rural Router (contract employees) vehicle all morning. The tracking showed the delivery time as 6:30 A.M. Here's where it gets interesting...........

You see, I was a Canada Post letter carrier at that Delivery center. In the morning, you (all employees) get their days' packages and trackable numbered items from a registration clerk whose sliding window does not open until they're fully prepared. And once you have these items, you aren't allowed to leave the building and commence delivery of your route until at least 8am because other items may come in on another truck and are required to be delivered that day, not "left for tomorrow" so you can leave early. So it is impossible for my package to have been scanned as delivered at this time of 6:30am when he can't leave the building for at least another hour and a half.

So I toodle on down to the office and promptly let myself in the employee-only entrance (I know the combination code as I use it every day) and head over to this dude's desk. He's all done for the day and gone home nice and early. And there's my package sitting on his desk.
    I detailed all of this in a letter to managment, including the obvious falsification of the employee's package registration form which clearly showed he had simply been scanning all his items as "delivered" the moment he got them from the registration clerk around 6:30am. That might work for ya for a little while, until you forget to actually deliver one and return to the office with it still in your vehicle. "Oh well, I'll just leave it for tomorrow, it doesn't really matter".

It mattered when another employee with access to the building also happened to be a customer waiting for a $200.00 knife, and knew the process like the back of his hand having worked there for over 25 years.

Let me tell ya, management freaks out and looses their you know what over stuff like that, especially if the complaint goes higher up than just the local office (which, I ensured it also did).

There's a difference between missing a pizza coupon flyer, and non-delivery of a trackable high dollar-value package with a falsified office registration document.

I wonder how his next morning at the office was.
    Do your job right. Did I ever miss a parcel and discover it when I got back to the office? Yep. Did I make sure it got delivered that day even if I had to get it there myself using my own car on the way home?
    Yep.
    Cuz Murpy's Law sometimes enacts itself and your customer knows where his mail is.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2019
    Enrico, PLANofMAN, DaltonGang and 2 others like this.
  7. S Barnhardt

I like the way you think!

brit likes this.
  8. DaltonGang

We have issues with postal workers scanning their packages, as delivered, all at once, before they start their routes too. It annoyed me to no end, until they did that, and put it in the wrong box. I raised hell, and they insisted it was delivered to my box, until I demanded to see the gps location, where it was scanned. It was scanned delivered, at the post office. Lucky for me, the person, to whom it was actually delivered to, turned the package in. The package was then delivered, mysteriously, by a postal truck, early in the morning, a few days later. . Kind of a deliver and run technique.

Enrico, brit and S Barnhardt like this.
  9. DaltonGang

Its been a while since Ive "ranted" on the post office.

Todays rant is about the postal system in Illinois. They suck, plain and simple.
    I ordered a razor from Batavia Il, and it took 5 days for it to travel 41 miles, to Forest Park Il, after it was dropped off. . It still has to make it to Houston Texas. I could walk it faster than the Illinois Postal System is working.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2020
  10. S Barnhardt

A razor?? :confused: I thought Texans were tough and just pulled their Bowie knife off their belt, scraped their whiskers off, wiped it on their jeans and put it back on their belt? And now you're telling me "you use a razor?" :signs136:

Seriiously, the USPS is just as bad here in North Carolina. If I mail something to the next town, north of me, it goes from our post office to Charlotte which is an hour away to be then sent to Salisbury, which is the town. Salisbury is 15-20 minutes away from me, mind you! It has to do with "regional" sort centers, etc. Everything that comes in locally gets dumped into a bin apparently to go to Charlotte where it's then sorted and sent to it's destination. Maybe that's what happened to your razor order. Doesn't make it any better.

N ow let's talk some more about this "using a razor" thing. If you're gonna be a Texan you might want to work on using that Bowie knife a little more. Build you're "street cred" up a bit! :eatdrink013:

DaltonGang likes this.
  11. CrustyCat

CrustyCat Well-Known Member

That's happened to me before also. One time I didn't receive a pipe I ordered. They insisted it was delivered to the correct box. Never did receive it. I ordered something again recently and it never showed up, this time they had the postal worker go out and check the boxes and lo and behold it is found in somebody else's box. I did receive that one.

Enrico, DaltonGang and S Barnhardt like this.
  12. DaltonGang

I usually use an axe to shave with, in the middle of the week, and save the razors for the weekend. Don't want to wear out a perfectly good axe. :happy088:

Enrico and S Barnhardt like this.
  13. brit

brit in a box

seems like the canadian post service is shut down..thats as nice as it gets..:angry019::angry019:

DaltonGang likes this.
  14. S Barnhardt

:happy108::happy088:

15. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

One thing that bothers me is when the Post Office delivers a package and doesn't scan it as "delivered" when it's delivered.

16. DaltonGang

Some of the Postal Workers around here have a habit of scanning packages, as delivered, as soon as they put them in their trucks. Then, many times they go to the wrong address. No way to track them, or where they went, when they do that.

Enrico and jimjo1031 like this.
  17. jimjo1031

Thank goodness for GPS.

18. DaltonGang

It doesnt help when they mark it as delivered, at the beginning of their shift. They can drop it off anywhere then.

jimjo1031 likes this.
  19. jimjo1031

Yeah, that's true. but if marked as delivered, it will still show where they scanned it from. One time a similar thing happened to me, and off to the post office I went. I wasn't going to wait for an online form to fill out. They gave me my refund the same day, cash in hand.

20. DaltonGang

GPS will show at the Post Office. Been there, done that, several times.

jimjo1031 likes this.