Post Office Rant Thread

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by DaltonGang, Aug 7, 2019.

1. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Damn, glad I've had the same postal worker for the past 5 years 95% of the time.

FatherofSquirrel likes this.
  2. FatherofSquirrel

FatherofSquirrel A right jolly old elf

Yeah, I've had the same mail carrier for the past 12 years.
    He's a great guy.

Paul Turner likes this.
  3. CrustyCat

CrustyCat Well-Known Member

I ordered some cigars, they are currently stuck in Bridgeport New Jersey. Supposedly been there since the 23rd, they were supposed to have been delivered on the 26th.
    It's one of those UPS/USPS shipments.

brit likes this.
  4. brit

brit in a box

very cool Kevin,hope the show soon..

CrustyCat likes this.
  5. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

I have items coming from all over the USA, and it seems the East Coast, and the Illinois areas are the slowest. Almost being transported at a walking pace. Once they break free of the.Northeast area of the USA, things go pretty fast. Oh, the West Coast of California is at a snail's pace too.

brit likes this.
  6. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

And a PO box also helps prevent mail being delivered to the wrong address. Some people near me just throw misdelivered mail into the recycle bin along with the junk mail.

I live where NIMBYs have long stifled housing growth. The result is that mere mortals such as postal employees, retail employees, restaurant workers, etc. often cannot afford to live in the area. Many people have to commute 40 - 60 miles each way to find affordable housing. That makes it increasingly hard for the Postal Service to find and retain good employees.

7. CrustyCat

Uh, what's a NIMBY?

8. CrustyCat

Well, it was received July 2nd at the Reno post office and is currently waiting acceptance, whatever that means. Gee whiz how long does it take.

brit likes this.
  9. DaltonGang

I think it means "Not In My Back Yard" people.

Paul Turner and brit like this.
  10. brit

brit in a box

they are aging them for you..;)

11. CrustyCat

Or drying them out....:(

brit likes this.
  12. DaltonGang

Here is a little rant about my local post office. Well, a couple.

1. It seems mail has been stolen, from the outside drop box, for quite a while, and they knew it was happening. Someone would come, in the dead of night, with a key, and open the box, stealing checks, and other things. It only stopped when some undercover Police Officers saw them, and chased them . They got away, and ditched their stolen truck. How do you get a key to a Post Office drop box??? Only one way I know of.

2. Today is the last day to mail income tax returns, without penalties. Well, our wonderful local post officer had to order their employees, to show up to work, when they decided that today was a good day to take off. They opened up 20 minutes late, with only one person behind the counter. it took a while before another arrived. these two employees looked pissed off, to even be working today. You have to just love the work ethics of the U.S. Postal Service.

13. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout The Smart Bunny

I think the post office is great. Tell me where you can ship anything 3000 miles for roughly 58 cents an ounce brought personally to nearly every address in the country six days a week? Or a standard lite Priority package service for roughly 8 bucks? Be careful what you wish for.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2022
    PLANofMAN and wristwatchb like this.
  14. DaltonGang

Let me see, wishing they show up for work? Wishing they open on time? Wishing they didn't have such a crappy attitude, towards the people, and area they service. I don't think that is too much to ask for. Do you?
    I've been in Post Offices, all over the Houston area, as well as the Dallas/Fort Worth areas, and the Kingwood one, by far, is the worst one I've encountered. I like the ease of mailing things too, but if this were a private business, without a union, they would be history.

15. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

I can't say enough good things about the Post Office and its employees here in my town. They are friendly, caring, and always ready to help. We've had some family medical issues over the last couple of years, and they've gone out of their way to help us with a few different things.

FatherofSquirrel and Paul Turner like this.
  16. DaltonGang

It seems my neighborhood Postal Employees are an enigma.

brit likes this.
  17. brit

brit in a box

a bad apple can spoil the barrel..:eatdrink047:

DaltonGang likes this.
  18. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

Checked the tracking information of something I'm waiting for.

Package started in Grand Rapids MI at the Package Sorting Center
    Package went to Pennsylvania PA Network Distribution Center
    Package went to Detroit MI Network Distribution Center
    Package went to Grand Rapids MI Distribution Center Annex

hmmm... seems like it started in Grand Rapids....

DaltonGang likes this.
  19. DaltonGang

Ok, several weeks ago, I was tracking a package, from the Northeast. It took a while to get here, but it showed it was at our post office, and sat there for three days. Then it showed going to a city, 50 miles away. It sat there a couple of days, then back to my post office, again. The next day, back to the post office 50 miles away. Then, the next day, down to downtown Houston, approx 1 1/2 hrs away, from there. I went to my post office, talked to the postmaster there, and showed the crazy route this package was taking. He said he would get to the bottom of it. Two hours later, it was delivered to my door. I don't know what he did, or said, but that was pretty fast delivery, from downtown Houston. It usually is a 2 day trip, once it leaves there.

John Beeman likes this.
  20. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

I recently had a couple of bad experiences..
    1st item purchased 12/14/22
    12/15/22 usps in possession
    12/15/22 departed usps
    12/17/22 item on its way
    12/19/22 in transit to next facility
    ……
    ……
    ……
    Yeah lost in the system until i started a missing mail search. Seller didnt care they said it could take 5 weeks to get. Which i never experienced ever.
    I finally got it yesterday 1/9/23

DaltonGang and brit like this.