What Manly Things Did You Do Today?

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by jwr0201, Jan 17, 2015.

1. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Think of the money you'll save on hemorrhoid surgery. Good move.

Sent from my LG-US998 using Tapatalk

J_Man likes this.
  2. J_Man

J_Man right on the Mass border

After what my wife spent on the master bath I would be lucky if I could afford hemorrhoid cream.

Pre-bidet pics LOL[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my LM-Q720 using Tapatalk

gorgo2, Enrico and DaltonGang like this.
  3. J_Man

I made my wife breakfast and coffee, but I do that every morning. Then I went grocery shopping and did some house cleaning.

It's 10:15 and I am out of things to do. I really need to stop getting up at 5 am.

MntnMan62, stuartganis and Enrico like this.
  4. BigMike

BigMike Well-Known Member

Bought a nice size flag, installed it on the eaves of the house, flew it proudly, and reflected upon the great endeavors our ancestors in their vision for, "One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

stuartganis, Enrico and Droo78 like this.
  5. Preacher

Preacher Well-Known Member

Been needing to clean my gutters, but have never owned a ladder tall enough to get on my house. Today I got deal on a Little Giant Extreme. Small enough to fit in my small truck (with the rear seats down) but unfolds and extends to allow me to get up on my house. Now I can clean those gutters.

Ursa and Enrico like this.
  6. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Upgraded my son's Garrard turntable from a Shure to an Audio Technica cartridge and stylus, then adjusted its tracking force to 2 grams.

Sounds great! :happy108:

:eatdrink047:

Ursa, BigMike, J_Man and 1 other person like this.
  7. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

A large oak tree fell on my neighbors car at 1am this morning, totalling it, and it blocked the entire street.. The tree was so big around it would take two adults to wrap arms around it. She tried to hire people to take it apart and clear the street, all day long.
    I had to work today, but told her if she wanted, I could cut it up. She said no, until 5:30pm. The city of Houston said they wouldn't because it was a holiday.
    So, myself, and three other neighbors said they would help. It seems I'm the only one on the block with a chainsaw that works.
    SO, I broke out the big Stihl MS 441. The chain was newly sharpened. Well, an hour later, of constant cutting, my arms felt like spaghetti, and I was wiped out. 96 degrees and 70 percent humidity. We were all tired.. But, it needed to be done. Now, the chain needs another refreshening.

Preacher, Ursa, BigMike and 6 others like this.
  8. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

You done good! :happy088:

:eatdrink047:

J_Man, brit and DaltonGang like this.
  9. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

On the stereo front ...I did my first attempt at room correction using Anthem Genesis ARC software and my new Paradigm PW Link. Quite pleased. I may buy a second one.

[​IMG]

Sent from my LG-US998 using Tapatalk

J_Man and Enrico like this.
  10. J_Man

Spent about 1.5 hrs mowing the lawn with the lawn tractor...woo-hoo fun times here!

DaltonGang and Enrico like this.
  11. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

Bee Invasion!!!!

Well, yesterday I noticed a swarm of bees around a couple of windows, on my second story. Crap!!!! They were going into some cracks, leading into the attic. I looked in the attic, and sure enough, they were flying around. This must have been day 1 for them, because we had been all around the house about every day this week, and never saw a bee. SO, this meant war. I sprayed the lot of them with wasp/hornet spray, and waited until morning. There were a few, around 20 or so, in the morning, so I bought some crack sealing expansion foam. I filled every crack I could find, while they were out during the middle of the day. I've been checking, and not one bee has been seen. Looks good, so far.

BigMike, Enrico and Sara-s like this.
  12. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Working on and modifying a Garrard A-70 Record changer.

:eatdrink013:

DaltonGang and jmudrick like this.
  13. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I shot an elk and a stegosaurus.

Ursa, CrustyCat and BigMike like this.
  14. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

So many questions.....

15. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Ok now for the explanation. I was at a 3D shooting range. That’s where archers can shoot a 3-dimensional, often life-size models of animals. They will include modern animals, dinosaurs & even some imaginary critters (e.g. zombies, Bigfoot, etc.)

The challenge is that you are in the woods, so the light is low and the targets aren’t easy to see. Also they are at varying distances from the shooters.

richgem likes this.
  16. MntnMan62

MntnMan62 Well-Known Member

Woke up, yawned, stumbled into the bathroom while scratching my ass, took a leak and went back to bed. That's my manly thing of the day.

J_Man, efsk and CrustyCat like this.
  17. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Today, I helped out this old lady friend (80+) by putting up a Magic Mesh screen so she could leave the door open for the dog to go out on the patio. It was an easy installation for me. She is only about 5' so it would have been a real stretch for her.
    [​IMG]

18. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

In this case, both literally and figuratively.

Droo78 and Jayaruh like this.
  19. J_Man

I won't be impressed until you tell us that you've been on an Island hunting humans for sport.

Preacher, MntnMan62 and Ursa like this.
  20. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Lumed the hands on my trusty old Benrus. Didn't think I could pull it off but it works.