The Wabbit 3d printed injector razor pass around.

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by BBS, Jun 10, 2020.

?

If the designs were made public on thingverse would you have this razor printed for personal use?

1. Yes

27 vote(s)
    93.1%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    6.9%
  1. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

I think @Flintstone65 makes a good point about the cap. I think adding a second cap to the pass around with a more traditional angle to it like the Schick injectors would be useful to find out if the razor is performing outside it's sweet spot. Schick injectors though you can go steep the performance drops off considerably even though they are more aggressive if you over angle it. The second cap would work for determining if that is an issue here.

jaro, GAW9576 and Flintstone65 like this.
  2. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

https://www.mcmaster.com/jam-nuts/

If they don't have something that works there for the nuts then I doubt you'll find any supplier that does outside of a specialty made piece.

jaro, Edison Carter and GAW9576 like this.
  3. jaro

jaro the dread and the fear

That was my problem too.. I found bolt/screws but no 1/2 nuts anywhere.. I went to Lowe's and home depot and could not even get an employee to help me...

Edison Carter and GAW9576 like this.
  4. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

See above, try the thin or panel nuts.

jaro, GAW9576 and twhite like this.
  5. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Shoot me your address I will send a couple

GAW9576 and jaro like this.
  6. Flintstone65

Flintstone65 Well-Known Member

I'm shocked!!! Shocked, I say!!!! Sorry for the sarcasm, but I've been in that position before....many, many times! :(

twhite, GAW9576, Jim99 and 1 other person like this.
  7. jaro

jaro the dread and the fear

Honestly it did surprise me because at our local ones they are usually pretty good. Maybe its because of the current pandemic they have changed because their customer service was horrible this time.

8. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

I checked probably 8-10 hardware stores. None had that size half nuts. They almost always had 1/4-20 and larger.

Jayaruh and jaro like this.
  9. GAW9576

GAW9576 Well-Known Member

For the TNNSER 3D i couldn't get the half nut locally so I bought a regular nut and filed it down. I just drilled a hole the right diameter into a piece of wood just deep enough to lay the nut down into it with the top sticking out. Then just filed down till the nut was flush with the wood. Didn't take long. My local ACE hardware had a much better selection of small nuts and bolts and a more helpful staff.

jaro likes this.
  10. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

/
    When all else fails check the military stuff. They ain't cheap though at $30 for a pack of 50. I'd hate to see what they sell hammers for.
    https://military-fasteners.com/nuts/plain+hexagon+nuts/MS25082-3

GAW9576, jaro and Edison Carter like this.
  11. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

These fellows have almost anything you can think of when it comes to mechanical tools or fastners in the world. https://www.mcmaster.com/half-nuts

riverrun and GAW9576 like this.
  12. Flintstone65

Greeting guys, the Wabbit is "hopping down" the US Mail trail....I've sent @steve207 the tracking number -- we're not exactly living across the street from each other, so it will likely take a few days for him to get it. Go West Young Wabbit, go west!!!! I also want to give everyone a heads-up that I've included a brand new cartridge (still sealed in it's packaging) of modern Schick Injector blades in the yellow packaging (aka "Chicks"). There are only 7 in a cartridge, so if you already have your own Chicks or you're not interested in trying them, then please leave them for the next lucky shaver. But please, if you're new to injector blades and the Personna blade doesn't agree with you, absolutely feel free to try a Chick.
    Okay, I'm officially off the stage and back in the peanut gallery....ummm, I mean back in the ranks of this distinguished audience, of course. Please pass the popcorn. :eatdrink020:

GAW9576, Ron R, Jim99 and 3 others like this.
  13. steve207

steve207 Well-Known Member

Thanks fred

GAW9576, Flintstone65 and twhite like this.
  14. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

The Wabbits V1 & V2 are on UK Soil.- UK Pass around
    Have just had an excellent Shave with the V1 & Chick Schick blade, a report in Injector & SE party.

IMG_0884.jpg

15. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    That is why I ended up grinding down a bunch of nuts so they would fit.

GAW9576 likes this.
  16. GAW9576

GAW9576 Well-Known Member

Couldn't the file be modified to accept a regular nut?

17. steve207

Hey i got the razor yesterday been looking at all night and just did a shave with it today.

Know when i got it out the box i was surprised it reminds a lot the bic disposable type of razors only the it is longer and funny top cap on it well i quickly worked out how to load it i loaded it with the chick blade sorry fred i got into them first because i know that other ones don't like me i get a lot of ingrown hairs with them so yeah so i got out my longrifle soap and used a pre-shave oil and i had a 2 week growth of beard wow it took it down with no problem wtg pass shave and no clogging but like a dummy i came out of the gate like it was a sports car and it bite me real good then slowed down a bite i was a troubles finding the angle with weird top cap i did a pass and a half that's all i could stand to do it tore me up on my jaw line and nick and side burns not good and a lot of skin irritation from other than that and taking chunks out my face it did real good at taking down two week beard with no problem but very aggressive razor it

18. steve207

Sorry guys my hand it the wrong bottom before i got cut of it's i get less irritation from a de safety razor or a straight just my thoughts on it.

GAW9576 likes this.
  19. steve207

20. Flintstone65

Oh wow!!! No apologies necessary for trying the Chick blades....that's what they are there for. :) I'm sorry to hear that despite the Chick blade, the Wabbit came out biting. Two weeks of growth is kind of a big order....perhaps it will do better going forward. Just a thought. I know that at least one of my bites felt almost more like "pull" than a nick, and it occurred on a longish piece of stubble in an area where it is difficult to maintain the angle. I do get the sense that the Wabbit likes, actually demands, its "proper" angle.

Are you going to take a day or two break, or tackle it again tomorrow?

steve207 and GAW9576 like this.