Object of interest

Discussion in 'Welcome Center' started by Jgg, Jul 13, 2020.

1. Jgg

Jgg New Member

Hey guys . Just joined up as i feel i have aquired a set that may be of interest with the community here. Its a familu treasure that i would like to learn about and possibly use in the future. Any help will be greatfully accepted. If anyone is keen to see ill post up some pics n what i know about it thus far. Thanks heaps. J

2. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Welcome! Post some photos of your gear if you can, and I'm sure someone here can tell you more about it.

A lot of us enjoy shaving with traditional or vintage gear. Hope you'll consider joining us in this way too.

Jgg likes this.
  3. Jgg

Jgg New Member

20200713_232254.jpg 20200713_202657.jpg 20200713_224933.jpg
    Cheers bud heres the gear

4. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

wristwatchb likes this.
  5. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Welcome to TSD, @Jgg. :)

6. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Welcome to TSD, @Jgg. That is an awesome set and a great shaver.

7. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Welcome to the Den.

8. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

9. steve207

steve207 Well-Known Member

Great set welcome from Washington State

10. brit

brit in a box

hello and welcome.awesome set..

11. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

Welcome, from Texas.

12. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

Nice Kit. I have an earlier one that I really like.

Learn to use it and enjoy.

13. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

14. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

Hello from Seoul and nice to meet you. Wow, that is a nice set, it looks new. The razor is reported be excellent and I know our SE experts will be here shortly to get you started.

15. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

16. dmshaver

dmshaver Well-Known Member

Welcome from Missouri, & congratulations on having such a great family heirloom!

17. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    Just an observation, might be soap residue or hair brittleness.
    Soak the brush, saturate the hairs with conditioner. Leave in for 30 minutes, rinse out. This will save the brittle hairs and protect them for another 10 or so years. Let it dry for 36 hours before putting it back in the case.

Jgg likes this.
  18. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

I'll also add if that for some reason doesn't work and the brush hairs are toast, the handle can still be restored by having a new brush knot installed. Depending how authentic you want the restore done you can have the knot redone in the same type hair originally like badger or boar or have it done any way you want.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2020
    Jgg likes this.
  19. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard.

About your razor that set was known to be produced between 1949 - 1953. If you want to use it one of the best vendors price wise to buy blades for those razors is Connaught Shaving based in the U.K. The style of blades are called Gem single edge blades.

richgem likes this.
  20. Jgg

Jgg New Member

I really liked the brush aswell seems soo awesome you dont see much manufacturing of this standard anywhere these days. Thanks for the info much appreciated will have a look for a name