Injector & SE Party !!!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Bird Lives, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ijustmissedthe50s

Ijustmissedthe50s The Warnee

20200727_150254_copy_600x800.jpg
    My first injector shave ever! This E type, loaded with a simple Schick Platinum, just gave me a great shave! I loved the feel of an injector, and this one seems to particularly suit me. I'm a big injector fan now and am thrilled to include with my de, se and shavette style shaves.

2. GAW9576

GAW9576 Well-Known Member

I was thinking of using the Gem Featherweight today. Then the topic of the 1st and 2nd Gen came up on another forums. So I used both in a 2 pass comparison sharing a 6th use Gem SS PTFE. Then the winner finished up a touch up pass.

The Sterling soaps Almost Heaven lathered very well with my custom SHD 2 Band badger brush.

The 1st Gen FW DELUXE took the right side. The shave was mild and smooth feeling while still having good efficiency.
    The 2nd Gen FW handled the left side. This razor was slightly more aggressive/harsh feeling while strangely somehow seeming simultaneously slightly less effective.
    At the end of the two pass shave the 1st Gen was winning with a more comfortable closer shave.

The 3rd pass went to the 1st gen for a light touch up.
    Aqua Velva 5in1 finished things off for a very enjoyable shave experience.

I said it before and I'll say it again if I only had one featherweight it would definitely be the first Gen Deluxe. However I still enjoy having both 1st and 2nd Gen razors.

1st Gen Deluxe on left 2nd on right.
    You can see slight differences on the inside of the top cap. The blade tray looks the same to me.
    IMG_20200727_200735058.jpg 1st Gen Deluxe on Left 2nd Gen on right.
    Again small differences noticeable on top caps.
    The thumb tab is most notable to me. I prefer the feel of the 1st Gen thumb tab.
    _IMG_000000_000000.jpg IMG_20200727_200715864.jpg

3. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Tue 28th July

Cyril Salter/ MS. ED2band
    Cyril Salter Solid Shaving soap - 100g
    Schick E2- Canada
    Schick S/S single-Japan [ 4 ]
    Massimo Dutti A/S Lotion

Had my Razor sorted for todays Shave, but faffed about which soap to use - thought of grating a La Toja stick , but when looking for a bowl found an unused puck of Cyril Salter Solid Soap. Decision made for me and I was rewarded with one of the smoothest Shaves ever with an E2, ultra close too without any hassle. Glad I found this quite hard to get soap, which should not be confused with the alternative 57/99 g veggie versions , which apparently are not as good.

IMG_0912.jpg

4. brit

brit in a box

awesome e2 shave..

GAW9576 likes this.
  5. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

SE SOTD,Tue, July 28th 2020

Razor: Gem Featherweight 1st generation- MFG 1950-52
    Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE (2) My favorite blade [​IMG]
    Soap: Razorock Don Marco- Very nice citrus scent + great lather qualities.
    Brush: Yaqi Tuxedo knot 24mm with marble handle.- excellent brush for creating lather with soft tips.
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of Aloe vera gel.
    Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 3 + any pickups.
    Post shave: Razorock Amici aftershave with witch Hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
    Results : CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + one nick(operator error)=[​IMG]Excellent shave have with my Gem Featherweight 1st generation razor & 2nd use of Gem coated blade at its sharpest pinnacle in blade life.

[​IMG]

Have some great shaves!

jimjo1031, Jayaruh, Electrif and 10 others like this.
  6. brit

brit in a box

cool shave and pic Ron,love the don marco..

Ron R and GAW9576 like this.
  7. 120inna55

120inna55 Well-Known Member

Barrister's Reserve | Cool
    Leo Frilot | Tru-Stone Hallows
    AP Shave Co. | SilkSmoke 28mm
    Ever-Ready | Streamline
    Gem | PTFE
    Floïd | Blue

[​IMG]

8. brit

brit in a box

fabulous pic Matt.thats a cool eveready..

GAW9576 and 120inna55 like this.
  9. 120inna55

120inna55 Well-Known Member

Thanks, Gary. Indeed it is!

GAW9576 and brit like this.
  10. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Williams Wed. 29th July

The Grosvenor [ 404-mixed]
    Williams Mug Soap
    Personna Super S/S Inj.
    NOSPersonna Platinum [ 1 ]
    Williams Aqua Velva A/S Lotion

First time I have used this blade, which being Personna was not easy to load. Ejected a touch of blade from dispenser so I could line it up properly with Razor and job done. The Shave was smooth enough. but I found the combo quite mild, and the Shave which took some time was passable but nothing to rave about.

IMG_0913.jpg

11. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Williams Wednesday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Cold Water Rinse
    Williams Mug Soap
    Jayaruh #414 silvertip
    Gillette Techmatic
    Techmatic Band
    CWR
    Pinaud Clubman Vanilla

The Williams Mug Soap face-lathered well with my Jayaruh #414 silvertip brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Gillette Techmatic razor with a Techmatic Band blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Pinaud Clubman Vanilla AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

12. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

SE SOTD, Wed, July 29th 2020

Razor: Valet auto strop C1 Canadian variat- Mfg 1920's with modified gab, originally was .011 changed to .007 thousands of a inch, much smoother a shave with this great old relic.
    Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE (9)- Great blade and my favorite because it can also be used in these great old razors.
    Soap: Razorock Don Marco- very nice strong citrus scent with excellent lather qualities.
    Brush: Yaqi rainbow brown whiskers,26 mm synthetic- excellent brush with reasonable backbone and soft tips.
    Pre shave: Brush wash my whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
    Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 3 + pickups.
    Post shave: Fine fresh Vetiver with witch Hazel + a tiny dollop of Nivea balm.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = [​IMG] great shave with my Valet Auto-strop C1 variant.

SE SOTD, Wed. july 29th 2020 (2).jpg
    Have some great shaves!

13. brit

brit in a box

cool valet shave and pic Ron..good morning..

GAW9576 and Ron R like this.
  14. Electrif

Electrif Well-Known Member

Wednesday 29th July
    Wabbit V2
    Personna SSC #1

[​IMG]

15. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Thanks Gary, very interesting razor and it was at one time the talk of the shaving world.

GAW9576 and brit like this.
  16. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Thur 30th July

Omega 11126 boar
    P & B Spitfire
    Occams V1- plate 3
    Feather Proguard [ 5 ]
    P & B Spitfire A/S Splash

We are taking out a family friend to lunch, as due to Convid has largely been confined to her flat. Wanted a no fuss assured quality Shave which is guaranteed by the quirky Occams V1. Never have regretted getting the Oren so have acquired this original version. I cannot understand how some folk cannot get good Shave with these 2 Razors.

IMG_0915.jpg

17. ischiapp

ischiapp New Product Bloodhound

18. Droo78

Droo78 Well-Known Member

Thursday's Shave

Schick E2
    Personna Blade
    Omega 11126 Boar
    WSP 'Olympus' Shaving Soap
    Dickinson's WItch Hazel
    WSP 'Olympus' Aftershave

SOTD 07.30.2020.jpg

19. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Fri 31st July

RazoRock Syn 22mm
    Arko Stick- grated
    PAL Injectomatic
    NOS Schick S/S-Holland [ 3 ]
    Tuff Red A/S Lotion

These NOS blades make the Injectomatic into a very smooth and efficient Razor, and I had no problems getting quite a decent close all round finish.

IMG_0917.jpg

20. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Friday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Cold Water Rinse
    Van Der Hagen Luxury Shave Soap
    Jayaruh #414 silvertip
    Gillette Techmatic
    Techmatic Band
    CWR
    Pinaud Clubman Vanilla

The Van Der Hagen Luxury Shave Soap face-lathered well with my Jayaruh #414 silvertip brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Gillette Techmatic razor with a Techmatic Band blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Pinaud Clubman Vanilla AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.