Tried to Skip a Day

Discussion in 'Shave School' started by BigD, Jul 30, 2020.

?

How many days can you go before scaring other people?

1. 1 Day

5 vote(s)
    20.8%
  2. 2 Days

5 vote(s)
    20.8%
  3. 3 Days

8 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. 4 or More Days

6 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. BigD

BigD Well-Known Member

So, woke up this morning and figured I'd skip a day of shaving to give my skin at least one day break this year. I'm sitting at work and feeling my face. Not good. I look in the mirror and I look like a bum that hadn't shaved in a few days. Went back to my living quarters and shaved.

Now, I'm sitting here thinking, why the heck is my facial hair so thick and quick to grow like that? Even here where I work I know a lot guys that shave every other day, even every three days and don't look like a homeless chump when they need to shave again.

So, it's been established that I need to shave everyday in order to keep a professional appearance. What about you guys? How many days can you go without shaving before little old ladies hold their purses closer to their chests when you walk by?

Droo78 and brit like this.
  2. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    I am so handsome, that I could go a week without shaving ;), but shave everyday, because I like it so much. :shaver

Droo78, whaap, brit and 1 other person like this.
  3. canoeroller

canoeroller Well-Known Member

I almost never skip a day, but when I do, I look like I have sprouted mold.

brit and BigD like this.
  4. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

What Primo said

brit and BigD like this.
  5. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Joseph, I think you should shave daily. Why cheat the general population out of an unobstructed view of your handsome mug?

Droo78, brit, BigD and 1 other person like this.
  6. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Oh, I do Charlie, I do. My middle name is Narcissus. :happy102:

7. brit

brit in a box

i have to shave daily now .i don't like my face feeling like sandpaper anymore..:)

dvdhviid, BigD, b1hart and 2 others like this.
  8. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

For the past few years I shaved almost every day. But lately I've been getting lazy and reverted back to my younger days of shaving every two to three days. One benefit, since my whiskers are mostly white now, they're not as noticeable as they used to be.

BigD and Droo78 like this.
  9. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Same here, Gary. Plus I like the smell of Tabac in the morning. :cool:

BigD and Droo78 like this.
  10. MntnMan62

MntnMan62 Well-Known Member

I can go 3, 4 even 5 days without shaving. I don't like to as the longer I go the more itchy it gets. But I actually find the idea of scaring people as a positive. After all, I hate people.

Daywalker, Enrico, Terry and 4 others like this.
  11. whaap

whaap Active Member

I'm 86 today and living comfortably in a nice retirement community. Being gray and my hair thinning I easily get by with shaving every other day.

BigD likes this.
  12. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

And... Thus endeth the thread.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Droo78, BigD and Primotenore like this.
  13. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

Laziness wins here. For work I mostly shave every day and skip the weekends. If I have time off and don't need to shave, I normally don't. It is rare that I go much more than a week without shaving.

BigD and brit like this.
  14. b1hart

b1hart Speed Racer

:signs011::signs011::signs011::signs011:

And in addition, wifey loves clean shaven, & all my smellin’ good sauce. She even adds to the collection. Lastly, daily shaving definitely helps the face skin feel.

Droo78, BigD and brit like this.
  15. brit

brit in a box

i think i have lost years by shaving daily..skin is better today than in my 30s...i could write paragraphs on the benefits..:)

Droo78, BigD and b1hart like this.
  16. The situational shaver

The situational shaver Well-Known Member

If I go BBS, I can go a couple of days. I normally go single pass shave every day before work. So I shave every day.

BigD and brit like this.
  17. brit

brit in a box

:happy088:.near bbs is my daily work shave standard.:).

BigD and The situational shaver like this.
  18. gadabout

gadabout Well-Known Member

I never skip a day, unless I am so sick that I can barely get out of bed. My skin doesn’t really need a rest from shaving, so I shave every day. I’d look pretty grungy in short order if I didn’t.

BigD likes this.
  19. dvdhviid

dvdhviid Well-Known Member

I shave everyday because I hate velcro head and neck and actually is required for work.

BigD likes this.
  20. BigD

BigD Well-Known Member

I totally understand. That, and apparently my beard grows so thick and fast and starting to turn grey I just look dirty.