The Stirling Exchange

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by PickledNorthern, Nov 5, 2016.

1. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

WOW....I checked through the website, didn't see anything new on Electric Sheep. I may be interested.

ezlovan, Frijolero and brit like this.
  2. Paul Turner

EHH-Ladies and-Uh-Gentlemen:

Sadly, I've decided to put off the Stoylin Tonys until 2022. The reason is that even by the end of THIS year, due to purchasing two soaps(I just put the order in on one of them now)I'll have much more than enough Stoylin products to work with, try to whittle down, etc. Certainly I have enough soaps RIGHT now to work with, but I just couldn't say no to the new Glacial Electric Sheep, and, as I've said before , I'll be ordering another one(separate from GES) in a couple months or so that will be part of The Most Expensive Order I Have MADe Since Joining TSD. I've had fun doing the Stoylin Tonys, but I think I'll be in good shape for the rest of this year and all of next year(that is, with the addition of the two new shave soaps.). The Tonys will return in 2022....see ya then!!

Last edited: Aug 1, 2020
  3. Paul Turner

Looks like Friday will be the day I receive the Glacial soap(Electric Sheep).

4. Ijustmissedthe50s

Ijustmissedthe50s The Warnee

Your Stoylin Tonys have been a real blast to read and follow here, Paul! You took a cute and clever idea and turned it into a real source of enjoyment for many of us here. The Stoylin Tonys weren't just fun, they helped us all learn about lots of Stirling products, not just the ones specific to shaving. It was a great idea, Paul, and many thanks for keeping it going like you did! I've really enjoyed following those posts!

5. Paul Turner

Course I'll be back with it in 2022, as I said, but thanks so much for the comments, Chris :).

6. jayjacque

jayjacque Well-Known Member

Hey Paul ditto what Chris said. I think I’ve only been around here 6 or 7 months (but read the posts from a lot further back) and for me the Stoylin / Tony thing has been refreshing entertainment and informative schtick. (Sometimes I even envisioned stage, ceremonies, etc) Kudos you kept it up a good while

7. Paul Turner

Well, you say "Kept"......It'll be back in 2022. Re-read my original announcement. But for now, thanks for your compliments. I just need to lower the amounts of what I already have now.

8. Frijolero

Frijolero Well-Known Member

:signs011:

Looking forward to 2022 and beyond.

9. Frijolero

Frijolero Well-Known Member

My glacial electric sheep got here yesterday. Just finished my second shave with it. Awesome! Unbeatable slickness and cold as all getout. Followed by lemon chill witch hazel and aloe.

Of course, the regular version will always have a place here, too. For the occasional straight razor shave. Don't know if I'll ever be brave enough to try that with a glacial...

10. Paul Turner

Thanks for the preview on GES....mine should arrive Friday. :).

ezlovan and Frijolero like this.
  11. gcconspiracy

gcconspiracy Well-Known Member

Well, I’ve now had a chance to use each of the 13 samples in my most recent order. Here are a few thoughts:

- the biggest surprise was definitely Electric Sheep! It smells like a bug candle, but once lathered it is the freshest, cleanest, zestiest lemon scent - simply beautiful. And the mutton tallow is always a nice perk too!

- Eucalyptus Mint is predominantly peppermint (which I was expecting thanks to this thread), and is a fairly basic scent. Having said that, it was so fresh and clean, and the slight coolness was brilliant! This could easily become a favorite given time.

- Hipster smells nothing like the description (to my nose), but rather like a more complex version of Sharp Dressed Man. It is super mild, but very relaxing for some reason. Well done with this scent Rod and Mandy!

- Pharoah’s Dreamsicle is a phenomenal scent. Beautiful orange smoothed out by a hint of vanilla (didn’t catch too much of the musk, but I think it really grounds the whole accord). Another favorite for me, no question.

- Tsuka is very nice. I swear it has to be the most complex scent I’ve sampled thus far, yet it manages to not become a muddied soup of stink. I get chocolate notes, florals, and then woodsy earthy notes. I’m really glad that I took a chance on the 3oz tub!

- Bergamot Lavender, Black Cherry, and Coconut Lime were all very much as expected. Straight forward scents done very well, and each one a pleasure to shave with.

- Haverford smelled like a gourmet Dr Pepper to me. Not what I expected, but such a nice scent. My wife commented on the scent of Haverford, and she wasn’t even in the bathroom, so it’s a pretty powerful scent!

All in all I am VERY pleased with this order, and I have found a number of scents that are easily worthy of picking up a full tub!

Cheers.

12. Paul Turner

Thanks for the reviews. What was your wife's comment on Haverford? I might try Eucalyptus Mint sometime down the line. Thinking about the 2 H's, too(Hipster and Haverford).

13. Paul Turner

Just got the Glacial Electric Sheep :). Will put it to use next week sometime. I gave it a couple sniffs-you don't get the sense right away, but a cold snap suddenly flies right into your face. This will be great, I'm sure. I found a good match for it-the Clubman Gent's Gin. I'll be experimenting with some others soon. :)))

14. Paul Turner

And now it got here a day before that! Very good on the shipping :).

Frijolero and ezlovan like this.
  15. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

Gonna have to make some room in the cabinet..

[​IMG]

Sent from my Galaxy using Tapatalk

16. Paul Turner

How are things, Andrew?

ezlovan, Frijolero and Linuxguile like this.
  17. gcconspiracy

gcconspiracy Well-Known Member

My wife quite liked the smell of Haverford. Actually, I think it grew on her before it started to grow on me. Hipster, though, that was definitely a favorite for her - it might be her top pick out of this entire batch of samples!

18. Linuxguile

Things are well. Busy as always!

19. Paul Turner

May I take a line from the movie JAWS and paraphrase it a bit? "You're gonna need a third hand for Maverick". :)

ezlovan, Frijolero and Linuxguile like this.
  20. Linuxguile

SOTD August 6th
    [​IMG]

RazoRock BBS
    Vintage K-Mart Platinum Plus blade
    DSC Sunrise (26mm Elite Razor Manchurian White)
    Stirling Glacial Lemony Orange soap and AS