Micromatic Monday

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by GAW9576, Dec 2, 2019.

1. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

SE SOTD, Sat, July 25th 2020

Razor: Gem Junior 1912 Parade -Mfg 1943 variant, Excellent mid range razor with a comfortable great self standing handle that you do not see very often.
    Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE (10) excellent blade in all ways. [​IMG]
    Brush: Yaqi Timberwolf whiskers,24mm synthetic- Excellent brush for creating lather with soft tips.
    Soap: Razorock "The Dead Sea"- nice scent with great lather qualities.
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
    Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 3 + pickups.
    Post shave: Razorock The dead Sea aftershave with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers =[​IMG]Excellent shave with my Gem Junior 1912 Parade.

[​IMG]

Have some great shaves!

2. GAW9576

GAW9576 Well-Known Member

I had an excellent shave today with a Gem 1912. This one seems to be a bit more efficient than my other 1912 razors. Further testing will be required to confirm this. However after pass one I was easily at an SAS shave and after 2 passes and a little touch up I'm nearly BBS. The RazoRock hawk was brought out to shave the beard line on my cheeks.

_IMG_000000_000000.jpg

3. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

GEMonday, July 27th 2020, Good morning all & evening for some. New blade today and thought to give my G bar a little work out today. Performance was stellar today with the new blade. The G bar is a very nice looking razor with comfortable handle and heavy coating of chrome coating and its great to use with a new blade to break in also. Its a milder Gem razor but with a 3 pass shave it with a few touch ups it can give a person a very close shave as most already know.
    Razor: Gem G bar -Mfg 1953-58 it is a milder Gem razor but with a new blade it can be a excellent razor.
    Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE (1) My favorite blade of all SE blades- why? very sharp and predictable with smoothness later in its life cycle IMO.
    Soap: Proraso red sandal wood, It is one of my favorites of the Proraso line of soaps.
    Brush: Razorock Noir 400 black whiskers Plissoft- Excellent brush with backbone, very similar to boar brush.
    Pre-shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
    Prep: cold water rinse after each pass of 3 + any pickups.
    Post shave: Proraso red sandal wood with witch hazel + a tiny dollop of Nivea balm.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers = [​IMG]Excellent shave with my Gem G bar with a new Gem blade.

[​IMG]

Have some great shaves!

4. GAW9576

Great shave report @RonR thats a beautiful G-Bar.

Ron R likes this.
  5. GAW9576

6. Ijustmissedthe50s

Ijustmissedthe50s The Warnee

Agreed, they're a very cool looking razor!

Ron R likes this.
  7. Ijustmissedthe50s

Love my pat. 1912 too. I'm not familiar with that handle?

GAW9576 likes this.
  8. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Thanks for your kind words, they are one of the milder Gems but with a new Gem blade in a mild razor it performed well today.
    Final Gem review Jan21-2019 (2).jpg
    GEM Razor Cluster review 2019 (2).jpg
    Some extra information if you are thinking of using one.

9. GAW9576

I've seen it very few times. Not sure what metal it is but I like it. Although I have been tempted to file the grooves the rest of way were the. Or at least use a little spacer washer to cause them to line up a little different.

Ijustmissedthe50s likes this.
  10. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

SE SOTD,Tue, July 28th 2020

Razor: Gem Featherweight 1st generation- MFG 1950-52
    Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE (2) My favorite blade [​IMG]
    Soap: Razorock Don Marco- Very nice citrus scent + great lather qualities.
    Brush: Yaqi Tuxedo knot 24mm with marble handle.- excellent brush for creating lather with soft tips.
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of Aloe vera gel.
    Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 3 + any pickups.
    Post shave: Razorock Amici aftershave with witch Hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
    Results : CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + one nick(operator error)=[​IMG]Excellent shave have with my Gem Featherweight 1st generation razor & 2nd use of Gem coated blade at its sharpest pinnacle in blade life.

[​IMG]

Have some great shaves!

11. GAW9576

12. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

MMMonday, Aug 03 2020- Good morning to all, thought I would use my ASR Everready 1914 today, I always get great shaves with this razor and the Audio feed back lets you know where the stubble is still hiding on the face. Beard stubble does not stand much of a chance with the ER 1914 and is a nice mid range. I rarely get irritation or weepers even with a new blade. Excellent razor.....
    Razor: Everready 1914(AKA LLC or Little lather catcher) with 1st generation blade stops- Mfg 1914-17 excellent mid range IMO with great audio feedback.
    Brush: Yaqi Tuxedo knot 24 mm synthetic with black marble handle- Favorite brush for lathering + soft tips.
    Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE (4) [​IMG] Very sharp and smooths out over time, great longevity & very inexpensive per shave.
    Soap: Razorock XXX[​IMG]- I like the freshness scent with great lather qualities.(A.S. same scent after dry down)
    Pre-shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of Clear Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
    Prep: cold water rinse after each pass of 3 + pickups.
    Post shave: Razorock XXX[​IMG] with witch Hazel + a tiny dollop of Nivea balm.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers =[​IMG] Excellent shave with my ER 1914 LLC razor.

[​IMG]

Have some great shaves! Think safe in these times!

13. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Gem Micromatic Clog Pruf Razor
    Gem Stainless Blade
    DIY 26mm Synthetic Brush
    Victory Shaving Lemon-Lavender-Menthol Soap
    Dickinson's Witch Hazel w/Rose
    Lucky Tiger Aspen After Shave

Untitled.jpg

14. GAW9576

Cool looking brush. Any more details?

15. GAW9576

I had a great late night Micromatic Monday.

MMBT with Guiding Eye.
    Gem SS PTFE 8th
    Schick E2
    Chick 1
    Sterling Executive man
    Clubman Pinaud Lilac Vegital
    Custom 2 Band Badger

_IMG_000000_000000.jpg

16. GAW9576

Great shave today with a Ever-Ready 1914 and a Schick E2 V2 today.
    I'm also Loving the Wickham 1912 Irish Fern and the Pinaud Clubman Lilac Vegital.

_IMG_000000_000000.jpg

17. Ijustmissedthe50s

Those razors are so classy and cool. Arrgh... that might have to be the one I look for next. That's just such a beautiful piece of work.

18. jimjo1031

I used the head off of a flashlight for the handle. Made a few handles from old flashlights.

Ron R and GAW9576 like this.
  19. GAW9576

They are both great razors and definitely worth adding to your your collection in my opinion.

Very cool. I'd love to see some more pictures of your flashlight bush handles. Do you fill the other ends in? I'm guessing the knot goes in were the light used to come out.

Ijustmissedthe50s and jimjo1031 like this.
  20. jimjo1031

On that one, the light part is on the bottom with the plastic lens still in place. I put a quarter under it and it shows Washington's face. I call it my GW brush. The barrel part I used for another brush.

GAW9576 and Ijustmissedthe50s like this.