Pinaud Clubman to Glass and Upgrade That Scent.

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by Tim Spencer, Nov 12, 2019.

1. jaro

jaro the dread and the fear

To add to my previous post on bottles Wal-Mart's brand of soy sauce or other brand of sauces are also a good alternative as they are even cheaper and they come with a reducer...and also come in other sizes.

178-bplatoon likes this.
  2. Daywalker

Daywalker Active Member

Axe uses glass bottles for their after shaves and its plastic reducer can easily be removed and put back in - and it's dirt cheap.

178-bplatoon and Enrico like this.
  3. Landro

Landro Member

I have kept my Glass Aqua Velva bottles because I hate plastic. I have a tiny whiskey flask funnel I use to transfer from plastic to glass. Now I guess I need to find bottles for my Clubman!!!

4. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I find that dye bottle from my wife's hair coloring kit works great to refill my glass bottles.

71249210628_3.jpg

:eatdrink013:

Ijustmissedthe50s and jaro like this.
  5. jaro

IMG_20200804_182215.jpg

Like I keep saying soy sauce bottles from the grocery stores. This was a bilo brand bottle with reducer that I think cost $ 1.38
    With reducer.. Holds a full bottle of Clubman pinaud country club bottle which is 16 oz.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2020
  6. Tim Spencer

Tim Spencer Well-Known Member

Spicy!

Ijustmissedthe50s likes this.
  7. jaro

Surprisingly no. After a couple of washes before putting Pinaud into it there is no residual smell of the previous contents of the bottle. That's one of the reasons I like using the soy sauce bottle because of how quickly they come clean..

Paul Turner likes this.
  8. jaro

If you have a bilo or other SE grocers owned store near you they even have a low sodium version of their soy sauce that has a green lid like clubman in both 10 and 15 oz.
    soysauce green1.jpg

Or there is a kikoman brand in low sodium that's 15 oz
    kikoman low1.png

Last edited: Aug 14, 2020
  9. jaro

Also of note the 15 oz bottles have enough empty space to hold a 16 oz bottle of Pinaud

10. Tim Spencer

I really like your deep-dive into finding a green cap! I'm a bit odd in that I like matching color schemes where possible and this works great. And also, now that you've subliminally put soy sauce in my head, I'm going to want Asian food for my lunch/dinner meal soon.

jaro likes this.
  11. jaro

tenor(1).gif

12. ChiefShaver

ChiefShaver Well-Known Member

Did you open the glass bottle from time to time so it can "breathe" or did you just let it sit closed and it changed the scent?

Greetings
    Thorsten

13. jaro

You can do it either way but just opening it for a second to take a whiff and see if its changed is enough to allow the trapped smell out and allow new "clean" air in. It will gradually change either way...

14. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

I agree that glass bottles rock. I have a couple of AV bottle that I just refill when they get low. I also have Clubman and Citrus Musk in glass because it is neat. As far as the scent goes there is no difference. It’s just cool to have glass!

Paul Turner likes this.
  15. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

jaro likes this.
  16. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

You can do the same thing with Ice in a coffee pot that was left on the warmer. Dump ice in and swirl it. Usually will scrub the burnt on coffee right out.

17. ChiefShaver

ChiefShaver Well-Known Member

Hi Friends,

so...what should i say...@Tim Spencer made me do this...:eatdrink047:

My first try to transfer a label from a plastic bottle to a glass bottle.

I think it went well, even i should take care on the correct labeling next time. The height of the Front and Back Label is different, but for the first time...no problem for me. :D

Sorry for the pics, my Smartphone Cam is not the best out there.

If there are an questions or any comments, please feel free to write it down.

1605989274429.jpg 1605989295232.jpg

Greetings
    Thorsten

Enrico, Tim Spencer and Droo78 like this.
  18. Anthony Wymer

Anthony Wymer New Member

I'd like to share my collection and then some...
    AS_Glass_Pinaud_TallBoys_md.jpg AS_Glass_Pinaud_Oblongs_md.jpg AS_Glass_Pinaud_Reserves_md.jpg AS_Glass_OsageRubs_md.jpg AS_Glass_SkinBracers_md.jpg AS_Glass_AquaVelvas_md.jpg

Daywalker, Enrico and PLANofMAN like this.
  19. Tim Spencer

Awesome! Sorry for being nearly 2 months late noticing your awesome bottle and label transfer. Great job!

Daywalker, ChiefShaver and Enrico like this.
  20. Tim Spencer

Daywalker and Enrico like this.