Tried to Skip a Day

Discussion in 'Shave School' started by BigD, Jul 30, 2020.

?

How many days can you go before scaring other people?

1. 1 Day

5 vote(s)
    20.8%
  2. 2 Days

5 vote(s)
    20.8%
  3. 3 Days

8 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. 4 or More Days

6 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. Terry

Terry Tool Admirer

Yes!

tp

dvdhviid, MntnMan62 and BigD like this.
  2. Terry

Terry Tool Admirer

I woke up one day and scarred the he** out of myself when I looked in the mirror. There was a person who looked like he lived on the streets looking back at me.
    Rough!
    I never skipped shaving daily again.
    Nor will I.
    Well.....

tp

3. DrStrange

DrStrange Well-Known Member

I only shave on Wednesday and Sunday, which are my days off and when I make social visits.
    The people I work with can see me one or two days after I shave.
    If I have to work on Saturday, I figure they're lucky to see me at all.

When I first saw the title of this thread, I thought it was about SRAD.
    I've gone almost two months now and I'm feeling much better.

BigD likes this.
  4. dvdhviid

dvdhviid Well-Known Member

Me too, on my face, and on my head it is clear where it is still thick and where thinned. I still have a full head, but not evenly thick, thin at top at front, when the gray came in I started to hate the whole look and just started shaving my head.
    If I switch between AM and PM shaves I might even shave twice in a day. shave again.
    Generally Friday Sat Sunday I shave in the AM and M-Th I shave in the PM.

Terry, ischiapp and BigD like this.
  5. I shave practically every day. I occasionally miss a day, but as my work involves meeting and talking with people I need to be clean shaven.

6. Jake Gibson

Jake Gibson Well-Known Member

Since I discovered wet shaving back in February I tend to shave everyday unless I'm giving my face a few days off to heal, I cut pretty easily and learning the straight razor has been a little unforgiving. Before I started wet shaving I would go anywhere from 1-3 weeks in between shaves.

7. Weasel640

Weasel640 Well-Known Member

I have to shave for work. As such I don't mind not shaving if I have an extended time period off... Plus my hair grows so slow that it takes about 36 hours before anyone notices if I haven't shaved.

8. ischiapp

ischiapp New Product Bloodhound

I've a bad dermatitis, so I need to have a good BBS every day to prevent coat and shirt collar irritation.
    For the same reason, if I have a social commitment in the evening that (unfortunately) involves wearing a tie, I have to shave a second time.
    By now, however, the habit is to take a quick pass before going out at night, even if it is not a formal event.
    Either for pleasure or to fight the stocks of (so-called) consumables.

BigD and Terry like this.
  9. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

When was this, Terry?

Terry likes this.
  10. Terry

Terry Tool Admirer

Some years ago.
    I've been shaving daily since. LoL.
    My father and brother don't have anything like my beard.
    When I don't shave, even for a day, I look like I crawled out from under a rock.
    I grew a beard once.
    Took about a week, had it for a month or so, most uncomfortable thing I ever did.
    Looked awful!
    That was over 30 years ago.
    My whiskers aren't soft but more like pot scrubbers.
    8 years ago I had a major operation, 2 weeks in the hospital. Could hardly get out of bed. I worked from cell phone, sat up, in bed, and shaved.
    That was before I started wet shaving.
    I used hand soap and a bic single edge razor.
    The last time I was hospitalized they told me I was confined to my bed.
    That lasted about 15 minutes, I went to the restroom, showered and shaved, myself.
    3 days without shaving isn't the way I roll.
    Now I'm not angry or pain in the a**. I did however make deals with the nurses and staff so I could basically deal with these things, myself.
    They all thought I was ok. I took care of myself, and didn't complain. I only called them of I needed something or couldn't do or get myself. Very rarely did I need them.
    There were great people around me, and I thanked them for their help.

So .....
    Never again.
    Unless I just can't, I'll shave.
    Every day.
    tp
    Edit...
    The last couple days my left arm is sore. I couldn't raise it more than a few inches from my side. It hurt when I walked around because it jiggled it.
    I shaved with only my right hand.
    Head shave and all, today's weapon of choice, one of me GEM open comb Micromatics, and a new blade.
    3 passes head, 3 passes face.
    I'm clean and smooth, just like I like.
    No issues.
    So yes I shave every day.
    tp

Last edited: Oct 12, 2020
    Paul Turner and BigD like this.
  11. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Friends don't let friends skip leg day | shaving. :D
    That said, I can skip a day to a day-and-a-half before I look like a bum. But, I have one of those beards that really shows if I skip even one day. I still take Wednesdays off to let my skin rest. Or at least, that's the excuse I give myself. ;)

BigD likes this.
  12. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

This makes me glad I'm a woman! All I have to do to conceal the need for a shave is wear pants.

Paul Turner, BigD and Terry like this.
  13. dvdhviid

Today is the first day in what must be 30 years I've gone into work unshaven. Want to assess by weekend if I am capable of growing a beard and how gray it would be.

14. Leo K.

Leo K. Well-Known Member

I did this starting last February when COVID hit - wanted to see if at age 50 I could grow a beard. It was mostly all gray but for me it looked like a sorry beard after 8 months - it wasn’t what I expected and looked thin on my cheeks. Also I couldn’t maintain it very well so went back to my usual goatee. Someday I’ll grow it out very long but not now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

15. dvdhviid

I expect that will be my result. If so I won't keep it. The goatee is out as I have an identical twin with one, and I don't want to be that much alike.

Leo K. likes this.
  16. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Have you considered a reverse goatee? Facial hair everywhere except the goatee area? :D

Leo K. and dvdhviid like this.
  17. Frank Shaves

Frank Shaves Well-Known Member

You're all making me feel guilty for not wanting to shave today. :signs107: :rofl:

18. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

I haven't shaved since Wednesday I think. It might have been Tuesday. The dog is the only one here and he doesn't much care. Ill worry about it tomorrow before work...

Frank Shaves likes this.