"Schick Show"

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by brit, Oct 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brit

brit in a box

that's a cool razor..:)

Aztecmike likes this.
  2. brit

brit in a box

my first shave
    schick l type
    schick
    barbasol
    aqua velva sport [​IMG]

3. Aztecmike

Aztecmike George

Awesome Schick shave & photo Gary! :happy096:

brit likes this.
  4. brit

brit in a box

thank you Mike.:).i probably used a trac 2 back in early 81 when i first shaved but ..i don't really remember.i did have barbasol and av sport though..if i had a schick things would be different today..;)

Aztecmike likes this.
  5. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

That rabbit hole looks deep and inviting don't it. :D

Aztecmike, Droo78 and brit like this.
  6. brit

brit in a box

yes sir..just unloaded 20+ rarely used gillettes..not shopping but i have a list..:D..if you still had a black e...

7. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

I sold them off unfortunately. I offloaded a lot of injectors recently that I know will just sit around collecting dust. Unless you are buying them to display I'd suggest getting the onyx color handle ones instead, much cheaper if buying to use as a daily beater.

brit likes this.
  8. brit

brit in a box

ok...:eatdrink047:

9. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Problem is I still bought some other razors, less than what I had but much more expensive ones.

Now if you want an adjustable I have an extra I can part with since I have 3 of them.

brit likes this.
  10. brit

brit in a box

my honest pragmatic "must have" list.clean blue chrome 66 g,or black/onyx e or g sets. beyond that is just collecting for me and not really needed..:).i would find the $ for these ones.

11. Droo78

Droo78 Well-Known Member

:signs021:

Aztecmike and brit like this.
  12. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Schick 66 is doable though the irony is that when they first came on the market they were the cheaper version of the same Type G with a gold plated razor head now they tend to sell for more than them but they can definitely be found at reasonable prices if you are patient.

brit likes this.
  13. brit

brit in a box

i am patient but would prefer to buy from a known guru..:)

14. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Also keep in mind the gold plated Type G with the blue handle is not a 66 if you want the correct razor as per the set itself. The 66 only came with a chrome plated head and blue handle.

brit likes this.
  15. brit

brit in a box

i like the look of the 66 because of the blue/chrome..most schicks were gold..i would be content with a 66 and nothing else ..as long as it was a clean one..not really a gold razor fan,hence my brit gillettes over others. but i like how my e2 shaves..and it's mint.but would prefer an e black/gold looks wise..i know i am picky..:)

Droo78 likes this.
  16. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Putting a WTB post over in the marketplace might get a hit or 2.

brit likes this.
  17. brit

brit in a box

thank you sir..will do..:)

Droo78 likes this.
  18. Aztecmike

Aztecmike George

Thanks Gary..I really like the black bakelite & smooth chrome head on this one. The chrome finish on my American type G Schicks is textured with plastic handles.

Gracias Andrew..:)

brit likes this.
  19. Aztecmike

Aztecmike George

My textured chrome head type G's...
    20200805_201336~2.jpg

20. brit

brit in a box

Aztecmike likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.