The Wabbit 3d printed injector razor pass around.

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by BBS, Jun 10, 2020.

?

If the designs were made public on thingverse would you have this razor printed for personal use?

1. Yes

27 vote(s)
    93.1%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    6.9%
  1. riverrun

riverrun Well-Known Member

I think you maybe put the cap on the wrong way in the video - I can see the bottom magnet after assembly.

GAW9576 likes this.
  2. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Thanks, I will redo that.

GAW9576 and riverrun like this.
  3. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    OK. I did put the cap on backwards in the original video. I redid the video. This should be right.

ischiapp and GAW9576 like this.
  4. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    Unfortunately, when I put the cap back, one of the holes gave up some material. I don't think that is going to hurt its functionality though. I'm looking forward to using it tomorrow.
    wabbitwoops.JPG

GAW9576 likes this.
  5. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    OK, the first shave is in the can. It was a success. You can watch the video if you like. I did two passes with the Schick blade and got a great shave. It is a light razor. I do not like the angle of the head though. It requires lowering the handle so much that it almost interferes with shaving the neck. I would suggest changing the angle of the head so that the handle will come up some more. In fact, I had the brilliant idea that this razor would work great on the TNNSER Enders-like handle.
    As you see in the above post, I lost part of the head on one of the holes. I then proceeded to losing the other one. wabbitoops2.JPG (really sorry about that) I did some experimenting with the stability of the head and decided to continue with the shave. There were no issues other than the long handle and the angle of the head. If the head were angled up about 15 degrees more I think it would be perfect.

6. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

It is up to @twhite to determine if that is a career ending injury and or if others on the list are skittish about using it now.

7. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

I am actually checking out a few handles that a guy printed that lives right by me. It is the V-2. I will see if I can get the cap to fit good. These are really I mean really experimental. If I can get a good setup I will get out to @Jayaruh ASAP. I will let you know later tonight.
    [​IMG]

ischiapp, Electrif, riverrun and 2 others like this.
  8. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Ok I got a good one together. Purple it is. @Jayaruh i will get it out tomorrow. Hopefully you will have it by Monday. Make sure you get a shave or two in with this one.
    [​IMG]

9. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Just a bit of background on this. There is a member on another forum that lives literally 1 mile from me. He has an Artillery Sidewinder printer. A sub $400 type. It prints amazingly well. Anyhow he asked if he could try printing the Wabbit. I gave him the files and he started printing. He kept having me modify the files until he was able to print with virtually no filling. This is what the Purple one is.

Have fun.

10. GAW9576

GAW9576 Well-Known Member

Rapid prototyping at its best making sweet shave gear.

Jim99, Jayaruh and twhite like this.
  11. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Thursday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Cold Water Rinse
    Morning TOST
    Jayaruh #206 2-band Badger
    The Wabbit
    Schick
    CWR
    Aqua Velva 5 in 1 ASB

Shave #2 with The Wabbit. The Morning TOST Shave Soap face-lathered well with my Jayaruh #206 2-band badger brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Wabbit razor with a Schick blade gave me a close, though not as comfortable a shave. I nicked myself on my upper lip. I haven't done that in a long time. I may have been a little cavalier with this shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Aqua Velva 5 in 1 ASB. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

I will set the Wabbit aside until the Purple Wabbit arrives. I look forward to trying it out. Thanks @twhite.

12. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Purple wabbits? Jim, I think the fumes must be getting to you. If you're going to use The Veg, please remember open ventilation!
    :D

Edison Carter, GAW9576 and twhite like this.
  13. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Funniest statement of the week. Even if you are making fun of The Veg!

Edison Carter, GAW9576 and richgem like this.
  14. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

I will have you know the CDC just released an in-depth report on The Veg. It will kill and cure all that ails you.

GAW9576, Droo78 and richgem like this.
  15. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    OK, The Veg it is. If I can remember, I will use it with the Purple Wabbit.
    [​IMG]

Edison Carter, GAW9576 and twhite like this.
  16. richgem

One Veg makes you larger and one Veg makes you small. And the ones that mother gives you don't do anything at all... go ask JR... when he was just small...

upload_2020-8-20_12-36-18.jpeg

Karl G, Jim99, Edison Carter and 3 others like this.
  17. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Well aren’t you on a roll today.

Karl G, Edison Carter and GAW9576 like this.
  18. richgem

Thank you.

Probably too much coffee in my diet. :D

19. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

I am crying right now. Too funny.

20. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Purple Wabbit is now in transit to Jim.