The Boy Scouts

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by The situational shaver, Aug 21, 2020.

1. The situational shaver

The situational shaver Well-Known Member

Lately, when I watch t.v., there have been a lot of commercials for people who were ‘abused’ by
    I’m assuming, Scoutmasters in the Boy Scouts. Going back to the 70’s.
    But what about kids who were ‘violated’ by scouts. I knew a kid in the 70’s who was ‘molested’ by scouts!
    Not the Scoutmaster, the scouts! They tied him up with one of their silly little knots, and did bad, awful
    things to him. He was never the same, he couldn’t go out, or anything.
    Would he be eligible for the lawsuit? What about those little scouts?
    He can barely afford his creams and oils and medications.

brit and cliffb599 like this.
  2. BigD

BigD Well-Known Member

Well, the Scout Master would have to have known, or he was very negligent. I think this person might be able to be able to do something legally for themselves.

If what you say is true, I'm not saying it isn't or is, that is a horrible horrible thing to do so someone. I find myself lucky in life to never have to even know stuff like this existed until well into my adulthood. I thank God and my parents everyday I had never experienced such a nightmare. God be with us, this is a truly horrible thing for someone to do and have done to them.

brit likes this.
  3. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    My son is an Eagle and I devoted a great deal of my time to his troop. Fine, upstanding young men and a father/leadership team second to none.

brit, BigD and Droo78 like this.
  4. brit

brit in a box

as a person who was assaulted by a family friend in my teens it doesn't surprise me.many incidents like this have occurred and been swept under the rug.i stopped trusting anyone in a church,scout,adult of trust position after that.been too long for me to do much about it now.i saw the person once a few years back .i wanted to drive over him in my 4x4,but i went the other way instead..i can't go into detail here about what should happen to people who commit these crimes..i am at relative peace over the ordeal and have been for a long time.but the look of fear in his face when he saw me revving the engine..had i been more angry and not a family man i would be writing this in prison..

Droo78 likes this.
  5. BigD

BigD Well-Known Member

This had to take a lot of guts to write. This hurts my heart.

There's Modern Williams, and then there is everything else.

brit likes this.
  6. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    This must have been awful for you, Gary. I am sorry that such a traumatic event happened to you and thereby sullying your opinion of a very fine organization. There are bad apples in every barrel, but the VAST majority of scouts, including their leadership are honorable and upstanding human beings.

Droo78 and brit like this.
  7. brit

brit in a box

thank you both .i appreciate it.getting mugged by a guy in a mask is one thing but the folks who are put in trusted positions that commit these crimes are lower than dirt..i have no ill feeling towards said groups,churches,or otherwise..i am no longer a naive teenager.i am justed hardened to these type of offenders which can unfortunately lurk in many good places in society..they aren't even welcome in prison..thankfully all my church,scouts and other activities i had as child were positive and helpful...:)..no regrets..

BigD likes this.
  8. brit

brit in a box

i do apologise.i wasn't trying to steer off the op's thread..

BigD likes this.