Tom’s razor creations

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by twhite, Jun 11, 2020.

1. Droo78

Droo78 Well-Known Member

I've really enjoyed reading this thread, Tom. I'm subscribed and look forward to seeing the continued history.

Edison Carter, Jim99 and twhite like this.
  2. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

Way cool thread. Thanks for posting this

Edison Carter, twhite and Jim99 like this.
  3. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

I was lucky enough to be along for that international pass around (Canadian Ambassador :D) and a proud recipient of a Bunny V3
    Photo’s from March, 2016.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

I have not written anymore obviously. I did take a family photo today of my children.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

SlimGem, Dave in KY, Terry and 10 others like this.
  5. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Top row
    Bunny V1
    Bunny V2
    Bunny V3
    Igor
    TNNSER
    TNNSER 3D
    Wabbit
    Diagonal razor is a melding of Igor’s Adjustable and TNNSER head design

Bottom row
    TOMX it is a FAMEX tribute
    TAR Brass
    TAR Aluminum
    De-Vette
    ?
    Tourqued

SlimGem, Dave in KY, Electrif and 6 others like this.
  6. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Lots there to be proud of, Tom. Congrats!

Jim99, Edison Carter and twhite like this.
  7. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Those are some fine razors, Tom. I am happy to have four versions of your creations. You are very creative. Love your work.

SlimGem, Jim99, Edison Carter and 2 others like this.
  8. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Thanks guys. The only one that I really am dissatisfied with was Igor. Shave wise that is. That hump severely limits shaving angle. The adjustment is fine. That is why I did the other version with the TNNSER cap. Much better shave.

9. richgem

Just remember, Jim, purple wabbits are a figment of your imagination. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but the picture above proves it. :D

10. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

I see your coffee is starting to kick in this morning. Sleep late today?

Jim99, Edison Carter and richgem like this.
  11. richgem

LOL! In fact, I did.

Edison Carter and twhite like this.
  12. brit

brit in a box

cool family photos Tom..

13. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Thanks. It is weird looking at all of them. I can’t believe I did all of that. I had been a blast. I hope I can continue to be inspired.

SlimGem, Jim99, Edison Carter and 3 others like this.
  14. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    Well, we shall see come Monday or whenever USPS decides to deliver it.
    Purplewabbit.jpg

Last edited: Aug 22, 2020
    SlimGem, PLANofMAN, Jim99 and 4 others like this.
  15. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
  16. richgem

:bounce015:

17. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

What a cool family!

18. Aztecmike

Aztecmike George

Absolutely amazing. You have a very special God given talent. I'm hoping to get a TNNSER 3D printed someday soon.

SlimGem, brit and twhite like this.
  19. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    Igor looks like a piano mounted on a razor handle.

The "?" looks like a cross between a tech and a Tradere.

brit and twhite like this.
  20. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

So much generosity from Tom sending me a few of his creations and allowing me the honor of trial. He sent me:
    • Bunny V2 injector
    • Bunny V3 injector
    • TAR DE made of solid brass
    • TAR DE made of aluminum and dressed in black GunKote
    • 3D printed plastic TNNSER SE (which he told me was for me to keep!)
    The only stipulation was for me to provide honest feedback and to return them within we agreed on 3 weeks, although he did tell me if I needed to take a bit longer, please do so.

I should make clear that Tom does not make his razors to sell. That's why there aren't many of them. He makes them strictly for his own curiosity and hobby interest. So no, none of them can be purchased.

So stay tuned over the next few weeks as I pepper this thread with thoughts, opinions, impressions, laughs and even a couple of cries after I shave off one or two previously attached cranial appendages I'm sure.

First impressions without having used any of the razors yet:

The Bunny V2... Seems everything I want in a modern injector:
    1. A modern injector head made of quality materials, that uses regular injector blade magazines. Anyone that pays attention to my posts knows that I absolutely love using injector razors. I own and use in my rotation six various Schick Eversharp injector razors. I don't like the modern injector razors that use regular injector blades - but you have to take the head apart to load the blade manually. Just too much complication in shaving what with having to unscrew this, eject a blade from the magazine, lay it in the head manually, screw it all back together...
    2. A modern injector head that allows me to use my own handles. This is not a knock on the handle that came with the Bunny V2 and I would definitely use that handle. I just enjoy changing handles on my razors from time to time for a different feel or look. I do this with all of my DE and AC-type SE razors. Haven't been able to do that with a regular injector razor. Until now.
    3. Back to quality. Tom is an artist and it shows in this razor and the others he's done. The Bunny V2 looks intimidating honestly if you consider it versus a Schick injector. Three different guards to choose from. Not a new idea but a fantastic implementation of it by Tom. Aluminum and copper mated together in a beautiful piece.
    The Bunny V3... Not much else to offer from first impression as from everything I can tell, it is the same as the previously mentioned V2, except the handle can't be changed out. The head flows into the handle all in one beautiful piece of aluminum. Any people think of something so industrial as aluminum, as beautiful. Done right, it is art work. Tom does it right.

The TAR DE made of solid brass... Just. Wow.

Wow. Wow. Wow!

This is a monster! Super heavy. Solid. In fact, it caused me to assume that the...

...TAR DE made of aluminum was 3D printed out of plastic! When you hold something that is really heavy for a while and then hold something that is super light... Well, the aluminum TAR DE felt like plastic! Thankfully Tom set me straight or else I would have continued on thinking this aluminum version was plastic.

Coming back around to the solid brass version, I really dig the combs. It appears each tooth decoratively scrolls on forever. As does the adjustment. It literally adjusts until the twist knob let's go of the last thread on the cap post. If one can't find a sweet spot setting with this razor, one should go back to using a cartridge razor! :happy097:

3D printed plastic TNNSER SE *is* plastic! Light weight but intimidating for me as the last time I attempted a GEM-style razor shave, it ate me alive! But I was a newbie then. Hopefully with 12 years wet shaver experience now, this will go well. I've got some SE blades ordered and actually looking forward to this razor. I like the way the cap slides on and off. Seems simple but quite genius.

Stay tuned...

Last edited: Jul 6, 2021